|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||150 coins|
|Low alch||100 coins|
|Exchange||461 coins (info)|
|A plank of sturdy oak. Used in Construction (15).|
Dropping monsters Edit
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Armoured zombie||85||5 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Tormented wraith||129||80 (noted)||Rare|
|Skeleton||13; 21; 142||1||Rare|
|Undead troll||74; 100; 125||6 (noted)||Rare|
Oak planks are made by taking oak logs to the Sawmill operator near Varrock, Prifddinas or the Plank maker near Taverley who will make oak logs into oak planks at a fee of 250 coins per plank. Oak logs cost 76 coins each and oak planks sell for 461 coins each, so a profit of 135 coins is made per plank, or 3780 coins per trip.
Oak planks can be made using the Lunar Magics spell Plank Make. However, including the rune cost, this is more expensive than making oak planks by going to the Sawmill, so this is rarely done.
- Young implings can drop 1 oak plank.
- Eclectic implings can drop 4 noted oak planks.
- Oak planks can be won in quantities of 20 and 60 as common and uncommon prizes, respectively, from Treasure Hunter.
- After the medium Morytania tasks, Razmire Keelgan will offer players 20 noted oak planks a day.
Using to train constructionEdit
With the current Grand Exchange price, each experience point received by building oak items would cost 7.68 coins. This does not include butler fees.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||83.5%|
- During the weekend of 25 January 2013, oak planks had increased odds of being won on the Squeal of Fortune.
|Plank • Oak plank • Teak plank • Mahogany plank • Protean plank|