"Log" redirects here. For other uses, see Log (disambiguation).
|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High Alch||2 coins|
|Low Alch||1 coin|
|Store price|| 4 coins|
|Exchange price||173 coins (info)|
|Examine||A number of wooden logs.|
Members can also turn these logs into bows and arrow shafts with the Fletching skill. It is currently the only log that can be used with the coloured firelighters given as Treasure Trail rewards, producing a coloured fire in five additional colours: red, blue, green, white or purple.
Cutting logs is also a good way to earn money for low levelled players when sold at the Grand Exchange.
If a member has equipped a Seers' headband 1 or higher, the player will receive two logs from each tree, instead of one.
You can earn 60,000 to 80,000 coins per hour chopping logs.
Dropping monsters Edit
Experience from LogsEdit
- Each log gives 25 Woodcutting experience when cut.
- Lighting a log gives 40 Firemaking experience.
- Lighting a log in a bonfire gives 50 Firemaking experience.
- Lighting a log in a fireplace gives 80 Firemaking experience.
- Fletching 15 arrowshafts from a log gives 5 Fletching experience.
- Making an unstrung shortbow gives 5 Fletching experience.
- Making a longbow gives 10 Fletching experience.
- Making a full crossbow stock gives 6 Fletching experience.
- A large drop in the price of oak logs from the end of November to the beginning of December 2010 resulted in logs becoming the second most expensive free-to-play logs.
- If each log were to be burned separately without being added to a bonfire, ashes may be picked up for a decent profit, with ashes selling for 300-350 each, on average.
- Logs obtained from Tutorial Island look exactly the same as normal logs however they are untradeable and cannot be fletched.
- When logs from Tutorial Island are lit the fire that is spawned on the ground has no option for logs to be added too it.
- When logs from Tutorial Island are now burnt 0xp is given. It is not known if this is because you are greater than level 3 firemaking (The level cap for tutorial island) or because the ability to gain xp from the logs is an area effect only linked with tutorial island.
- It is unknown how many players still have the logs from tutorial island in the bank, however it is not estimated to be very many at all. As they were never supposed to leave the island only a handful of players managed to smuggle the logs off the island before the dying and spawning in lumbridge glitch was patched.
- They can be a very good source of money making for low level fletchers, as arrow shafts sell quite well. Even more when feathers are attached
- At the beginning of 2012 the price increased majorly but has gone down since then but the price is still gradually rising.
Tangle gum branches • Seeping elm branches • Blood spindle branches • Utuku branches • Spinebeam branches • Bovistrangler branches • Thigat branches • Corpsethorn branches • Entgallow branches • Grave creeper branches
Bronze bolts (unf) • • Blurite bolts (unf) • Silver bolts (unf) • Iron bolts (unf) • Steel bolts (unf) • Mithril bolts (unf) • Adamant bolts (unf) • Runite bolts (unf) • Abyssalbane bolts (unf) • Basiliskbane bolts (unf) • Dragonbane bolts (unf) • Wallasalkibane bolts (unf)
|Gem bolt tips|
Log-splitting scrimshaw (superior) • Rock-crushing scrimshaw (superior) • Tree-shaking scrimshaw (superior) • Gem-finding scrimshaw (superior) • Scrimshaw of vampyrism (superior) • Scrimshaw of cruelty (superior) • Scrimshaw of the elements (superior) • Scrimshaw of magic (superior) • Scrimshaw of strength (superior) • Scrimshaw of ranging (superior)