|Release date||25 February 2009 (Update)|
|Location||See list of possible locations|
|Examine||This looks like a challenge anyone can deal with.|
A normal evil tree can be found in any of the 26 locations while playing the distractions and diversions Evil Tree. It starts out as a sapling, and then quickly grows into an Evil Tree that players must "kill" to receive various rewards. A tinderbox and hatchet are required to defeat it (although the leprechaun at the tree will give you a bronze hatchet and a tinderbox), along with level 1 Woodcutting, 1 Farming, and 1 Firemaking (which technically means that no requirements are needed). The normal evil tree is the easiest evil tree to kill.
- When the tree is still a sapling, Farming experience can be gained for nurturing it. 20 Farming xp are earned for each growth stage until the tree becomes a full-grown basic evil tree. No items are required for that. (eventually the sapling grows into the evil tree, which is good because then you will be able to cut it)
- When the tree is fully grown, chopping the roots and the tree itself gains Woodcutting experience.
- When a root vanishes, the player gains Evil tree kindlings, which can be used on the tree to set fire to a part of the tree. This awards Firemaking experience.
- Experience (Farming & Firemaking or Woodcutting)
- Logs (noted)
- Bird nests
- Half of a key
- Clue scroll
- Tree seeds
- Key tokens
- The Leprechaun will continue to bank any additional logs cut for up to 6 minutes after the death of the tree.