|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Combat level||Unknown edit|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Examine text||The eyes! THE EYES!|
The fight Edit
There are four Pillars of Light around the room. It is not necessary to light all four pillars to damage it, but players deal more damage when more burners are lit. The pillars go out occasionally (very often if Night-gazer uses the special attack, and more often as more players are in the team), so it is beneficial to have a teammate standing next to each pillar during the fight. However, standing near a pillar of light (2 spaces or less away) when it goes out will cause the player to take unblockable damage. This boss battle is slightly more difficult for a solo player because the player will have to constantly run around the room lighting the pillars. However, since the boss is not particularly powerful, the player may choose to re-light only a single pillar at the cost of making the battle last longer.
There are two stages in this boss battle. When the night-gazer dies the first time, it will heal to full health and players will have to kill it a second time to finally defeat it. However, in this second stage, the Night-gazer will have a lower combat level and the pillars will remain lit for the duration of the fight. It is initially immobile, but it hovers in the air in its second form, allowing it to move around the room.
Night-gazer attacks primarily with magic. Its magic attacks are surprisingly weak, even against a player wearing a full set of melee armour. Additionally, it uses a ranged attack in which it squirts some of its "eye goo" at a player. This attack is far more powerful than its magic attack. Night-gazer occasionally uses an attack where it jumps up and spins around, launching a ranged attack at all players. This has a chance of draining run energy by 30 percent.
The Night-gazer has a powerful special attack where it jumps into the air with a bluish sphere around it. This must be avoided by quickly running away because it will deal upwards of 5,000 life points to any player who is still standing next to it when it lands. However, this powerful move is only triggered if a player is within melee range of the Night-gazer, making it less efficient to use melee to kill it. Resonance will not heal from this attack.
In its second form, it gains the ability to stun the player, making it difficult to avoid the special attack unless Freedom is activated.
|Level (2nd Form)||Life points (2nd Form)|
|16 (16)||6000 (6000)|
|26 (26)||9500 (9500)|
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE market price|
|Novite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Bathus plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Marmaros plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Kratonite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Fractite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Zephyrium plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Argonite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Katagon plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Gorgonite plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Promethium plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Primal plateskirt||1||Random||Not sold|
|Mysterious chronicle||1||Common||Not sold|
|Stalker notes (part 2)||1||Common||Not sold|
- The extension on Khighorahk's left appears to be the optic nerve of a Stalker spawn described in Stalker Notes 2.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, Night-gazer Khighorahk was one of the lowest levelled monsters that could deal a massive amount of damage onto players. Even being the lowest combat level (38 was the lowest before EoC), it could still deal up to 2300 damage with the special attack, and only bosses like Nex could surpass that amount of damage.
- The Seeker of Truth from the quest Salt in the Wound is identical to the Night-gazer, implying that a stalker's physical appearance may be replicated.
- The examine text seems to be a reference to The Tell-tale Heart, a short story by the famous American literature writer Edgar Allan Poe.
- It is possible for this boss to move out of its spot, but will be bound to the spot it moved to only during the first phase.
- It makes the same sound effects as the other Stalkers (with the exception of Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz) when dying and being dealt damage.
- If you defeat the first form of Night-Gazer Khighorahk with Retribution, you would still receive the Double KO title.