|Release||25 February 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||217 coins (info)|
|Examine||Issued by RuneScape Council to all new citizens.|
The map helps new players of the game find their way around the RuneScape world. The map does not give clear directions, but shows a general view of eastern Asgarnia and western Misthalin, being the main F2P area of the game. Before the new world map was introduced, this used to be used more often because of its ability to show your position. However, now, the new world map can do the same, but in more detail, and has a larger range, making the newcomer map almost useless. The only upside to this map over the world map, is it loads up almost instantly, whereas the world map takes time to load, and takes up the whole screen.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Al Kharid General Store||1||Coins||10||No|
|Edgeville General Store||1||Coins||10||No|
|Falador General Store||1||Coins||10||No|
|Lumbridge General Store||1||Coins||10||No|
|Rasolo the Wandering Merchant||1||Coins||10||Yes|
|Rimmington General Store||1||Coins||10||No|
|Trader Stan's Trading Post||1||Coins||10||Yes|
|Varrock General Store||1||Coins||10||No|
|Zanaris General Store||1||Coins||10||Yes|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
- This item was once used to scam other players by thinking it was a Christmas cracker due to the fact it looked like one.
- The newcomer map is now pretty much, if not entirely, useless. This is due to the fact that these locations can all be found on the world map, especially now that it is equipped with a "you are here" marker. Even though, some players may still use it to find where things are as the world map may take a while to load entirely.
- Strangely, even though being a newcomer map and despite of examine text, you are not given it on starting the game.
- It was also used as a scam against new players that it is a treasure map before the trade update.