New Domina is the homeworld of the Icyene, a race of long-lived winged humanoids aligned to Saradomin. The planet consists mostly of water, with islands where the Icyene live as priests, farmers and warriors. Aside from them, it is also home to the skypouncer, a winged feline creature whose sightings are said to bring luck. The plane is said to contain at least one settlement referred to as Saradomin's City. The transition from day to night takes close to a year and when the day ends and winter comes, the Icyene travel to another island on the other side of their world where it is summer.
It seems that many Icyene have left the plane for Gielinor, due to their large numbers in the God Wars and their dominance of Hallowvale under Queen Efaritay until it fell to the vampyre Lord Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan. Garlandia mentions that 'New Domina' is the name that Saradomin gave to the Icyene homeworld and that he brought it with him from another one, most likely the human realm. It is not known what the world was called before his arrival, however, it starts with an 'H'.
After the end of the Gielinorian God Wars, Saradomin was banished from Gielinor by Guthix along with most other gods and returned to New Domina so as to improve his relationship with the Icyene. He returned to Gielinor centuries later just after the assassination of Guthix, where he took his commander, Zilyana, with him to the realm to make plans.
- The placeholder name for the home of the icyene was "Hallowed Isles".
- ^ Padomenes, "Battle of Lumbridge", RuneScape. "Our world is one of ocean, with small islands dotted throughout. The land is fertile, and many of us grow crops."
- ^ Mod Mike. "Skypouncer vs. Blazehound." 17 December 2012. General Forums.
- ^ Padomenes, "The Battle of Lumbridge", RuneScape. "I found my calling early in life, and travelled to Saradomin's City to train as a warrior."
- ^ Garlandia, "The Bird and the Beast", RuneScape. "On our homeworld, we migrate regularly from one continent to another. This is to keep in the sun. To be in the cold is almost certain death."
- ^ Saradomin, "Sliske's Endgame", RuneScape. "The transition from day to night takes almost a year as you know it, so each night the icyene move from one island to the next... Flocks of icyene abandon one home and fly across the oceans to settle once more in structures that have lain empty for the entire winter."
- ^ Jagex. Postbag 48 - "Transcript:Super Monkey Bauble", Letter 7, by Garlandia. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge.
- ^ Mod Slayer. "Mahjarrat Memories FAQ." 18 March 2014. Recent Game Updates Forums.
- ^ Mod Crow. "Declare your allegiance!." 9 July 2013. Community Home Forums.
- ^ Mod Rowley. "Fate of the Gods - FAQ." 25 March 2014. Recent Game Updates Forums.
|Realms and worlds|