|Release date||6 February 2007 (Update)|
|No. of banks||4 chests in 1 banking area|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of obelisks||1|
|Teleportation||Enchanted Lyre (after completing the elite Fremennik achievements)|
Neitiznot is a great location for training the Crafting skill, since it has bank chests, spinning wheel, furnace, crafting shop, and yaks, which drop yak hides to tan & make yak-hide armour and hair spin into rope using the spinning wheel. A full list of what Neitiznot has is below.
The first few steps of The Fremennik Isles are required to get to Neitiznot. The village offers the following advantages:
- Some good mining facilities close to a bank
- Left click bank open
- Water source very close to bank
- Spinning wheel relatively close to bank (just a little more than a click away)
- Furnace close to bank
- Range close to a bank
- Yak-hides cured close to a bank
- Trolls have fairly decent drops, so it is a potential high level player combat training area. Rune kiteshields and rune warhammers are pretty common drops from the ice trolls.
- It is possible to kill ice troll runts accompanied by three honour guards. Players only need to hit the enemies once to get their drops. Most of the time, the trolls will attack the guards instead of the player, saving life points. Many players find Neitiznot more efficient for fighting ice trolls than Jatizso because of this reason, and the fact that there are fewer trolls which makes the place less dangerous.
- Yaks are close to a bank.
- There is also a runite ore rock near the northern areas of Neitiznot. However, accessing this spawn will result in getting attacked by Ice Trolls.
Over a hundred years ago, two Fremennik brothers, Neitiznot and Jatizso, were banished by their father (who was the king of Rellekka at the time) for their often frustrating rivalry between each other. Shortly after their banishment, they stumbled upon two neighbouring islands north-west of Rellekka. Neitiznot chose the island to the west and named its community after himself. Some time later he was confronted by his brother Jatizso who demanded the island for his own. Neitiznot came out and denied his demand, and the feud continued. To this day, Neitiznot's descendants still have a fierce rivalry with the citizens of Jatizso.
Climate and geographyEdit
Since it is in the north it snows most of the year and cold winds blow through it year round (shown by the trees shaking). However unlike its sister island Jatizso it has good soil for growing trees and plants. It's divided into two islands, the southern and northern island. The southern part houses the settlement of Neitiznot and the yaks. The northern one is currently infested with trolls who are fighting the Honour guard of Neitiznot. It does contain however, a large amount of arctic pine trees, a vein of runite ore, and some coal ore.
- Use the enchanted lyre to teleport to Rellekka then take the boat to Neitiznot. Following the completion of the elite Fremennik achievements, players can toggle their enchanted lyre to teleport to Neitiznot directly, via Olaf the Bard.
- Players can teleport to the Fremennik Province lodestone, which is just east of Rellekka. From here they can head in to the town and take the boat to Neitiznot.
- Players can move their player-owned house to Rellekka, teleport to their house, then go to Neitiznot from there.
- Players can also teleport to Camelot, go north to Sinclair Mansion, follow the path to Rellekka and take the boat to Neitiznot by talking to Maria Gunnars from the northern-most dock.
- Players who have completed Love Story can create a Rellekka tablet by using a chisel on a teleport to house magic tablet. From the POH portal they can then run north and catch the boat to Neitiznot.
- Fairy Ring to Miscellania, take the boat back, then take the boat to Neitznot.
- Teleport to Miscellania (using a scroll or a ring of wealth or better), take the boat to Rellekka, then to Neitznot.
To the north of the village:
- Ice troll runt
- Ice troll male
- Ice troll female
- Ice troll grunt
- Ice Troll King (During The Fremennik Isles)
- Mawnis Burowgar (leader) (south of bank)
- Slug Hemligssen
- Morten Holdstrom
- Jofridr Mordstatter
- Lisse Isaakson
- Anne Isaakson
- Gunnar Holdstrom
- Thakkrad Sigmundson
- Trogen Konungarde
- Kjedelig Uppsen
- Fridleif Shieldson
- Honour guards
- The Fremennik Isles is heavily involved with this island and Jatizso.
- The Fremennik Trials is required to get here and therefore to start The Fremennik Isles.
- Glorious Memories requires you to travel to Neitiznot several times during the quest.
- The pronunciation of Neitiznot sounds like "Nay, 'tis not," while the pronunciation of Jatizso sounds like "Yah, 'tis so." This is most likely a nod to the two islands' constant bickering.
|Part 6 of the Fremennik quest series|