For the creature in Daemonheim, see Nechryael (Daemonheim).
|Release date||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|XP per kill||Unknown edit|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Always drops||Infernal ashes|
Nechryaels are level 115 demons that require level 80 Slayer to kill. They are found on the top floor, northeast corner of the Slayer Tower in Morytania and in the Chaos Tunnels. They give 105 Slayer experience when killed and do not require any special equipment to kill. They are also currently the only monster to drop Rune boots. Their drops are very similar to the drops of greater demons. Nechryaels are good droppers of Crimson charms and Death runes.
Nechryael reside in the Slayer Tower or Chaos Tunnels. Cannons cannot be used as a means to kill them as both prevent the use of a cannon. Nechryael are weak for their level, with low lifepoints, low max hit and mediocre defence which can be easily countered with a powerful weapon such as an Abyssal whip or Chaotic weaponry.
A nechryael's main attack is a headbutt that hits up to 119 life points. When engaged in melee combat, a nechryael may randomly summon up to two level 46 death spawns to assist it. These death spawns have a considerably low max hit of 21 life points, but are very accurate and will attack the player even if the player is standing in a single combat zone and is already under attack from the nechryael that summoned them. Players being attacked by death spawn will not automatically attack them even if auto-retaliate is switched on.
Death spawn can be avoided by running a fair distance away, such as to the opposite end of the room. After a few seconds, the death spawn loses interest and stops trying to attack the player. This is easiest to do in the Slayer Tower, with its large rooms but is also fairly easy to do in the Chaos Tunnels. This tactic works best after the summoning nechryael is killed, or otherwise a death spawn that disappears will soon be replaced by a newly summoned one.
Death spawn drops nothing but accursed ashes when killed. Most players with a high defence choose to ignore them completely because they inflict so little damage that they are not worth the time to avoid. However, death spawns attacks are unaffected by protection prayers as they aren't classed as melee, range or mage. This could be an issue if you choose to use Dharok's armour while killing nechryael.
Using a Guthan's set against a nechryael is extremely effective. Also, one could use Guthan's/Saradomin Godsword special/other healing method on the death spawn because of their low defence compared to a nechryael. Another method of healing would be to use an enchanted or enhanced excalibur, which can respectively be obtained by completing the Seer's hard and elite tasks. (The easy and medium tasks must also be done to obtain these rewards.)
Additionally, using burst or barrage spells or chinchompas on nechryael are a great source of crimson charms for players (in the chaos tunnels) because the rune drops can offset some of the cost of the runes or chinchompas.For those who wish to mage or range nechryael in the Slayer Tower, there is a table in the northwest corner of the room that can be effectively used as a safespot. Another good strategy is to stand behind a death spawn so the nechryael will get trapped behind it.
- Slayer Tower (top floor)
- 71 Agility is highly recommended.
Nechryael are most numerous here, but it is far from a bank. Players with the required Agility level can climb the spiky chain in the crawling hands area to make the trip faster. This location is not recommended for slayers who don't have a slayer helm or full slayer helm as aberrant spectres must be passed to reach them. Using home teleport (Burthorpe or Ardougne recommended) and a slayer ring teleport cuts down time on banking trips.
- Chaos Tunnels
- A dose of super antifire or a dragonfire shield/anti-dragon shield is recommended.
There are a small number of nechryael in the far north of the Chaos Tunnels. This location is not recommended for slayers without the ability to use protect/deflect melee, as the shortest route passes through gargoyles, mummies, black demons, bronze dragons and dagannoth; an anti-dragon shield or super antifire is also recommended. There is less room to avoid death spawn in the Chaos Tunnels. Banking can be done via home teleport or amulet of glory to Edgeville. Bank runs are cubersome if players are collecting Infernal ashes and other valuable drops as it is too far and dangerous, with different types of prayer and misfiring portals.
- 71 Dungeoneering needed.
There are nechryael on the Occult floors, but this is not recommended as a method of completing a Slayer task as they appear randomly, but the chances of one is rare. They do not summon death spawn, as these are different nechryaels, and players doing this will receive no profit. They do have a unique drop that other nechryaels don't have.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Infernal ashes 1 Always 1,946
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 55,300 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,713 Adamant platelegs 1 Uncommon 3,446 Mithril kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,032 Rune boots 1 Uncommon 7,336 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,687
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Steel 2h sword 1 Common 392 Steel battleaxe 1 Common 266 Steel hatchet 1 Common 34 Rune longsword 1 Very rare 18,676 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,560 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 38,005
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Death rune 5, 10 Common 465–930 Chaos rune 3, 37 Uncommon 123–1,517
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Belladonna seed 1 Common 33 Irit seed 1 Common 78 Cactus seed 1 Common 26 Morchella mushroom spore 4 Common 1,176 Avantoe seed 1 Uncommon 1,932 Kwuarm seed 1 Uncommon 362 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 54 Toadflax seed 1 Uncommon 691 Cadantine seed 1 Uncommon 2,416 Fellstalk seed 1 Uncommon 448 Snapdragon seed 1 Uncommon 2,144 Dwarf weed seed 1 Rare 40,284 Lantadyme seed 1 Rare 34,675
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 11 ,44, 132, 220, 460, 3,000, 8,992 Common Not sold Tuna 1 Common 57 Thread 10 Uncommon 150 Gold bar 1 Uncommon 136 Rune bar 1 Rare 13,029 Court summons 1 Rare Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold
Rare drop table drops
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- The word "Nechryael" appears to be both the singular and plural as indicated by slayer masters when assigning them and giving tips on fighting them, and by the Ring of Slaying when checking the progress of the assignment. In this way, "Nechryael" is an irregular plural like "Sheep". This is also the case with Bloodveld, Dagannoth, Ankou, and Catablepon, among others.
- Although auto-retaliate does not work against death spawn, their attack will still interrupt teleporting with a 2-click teleport like a ring of duelling (unless you equip the item and then teleport through the Equipment screen). The home teleport, which is usually interupted by attacks is not interupted by the Nechyrael death spawns attacks.
- In Thok It To 'Em, there are monsters called "Uglies" which are identical to Nechyraels except for their lower combat level (105 instead of 115).
- The old graphics of Nechryael used to show a pentagram on its chest, a symbol of many religions and a sign that has many occult meanings - not to be confused with Satanism.
- Nechryael seem to have a similar way how a player defends themselves from attacks without any weapons or armour on them. They also seem to have a similar, but much faster death animation.
- Some slayers block or cancel nechryael tasks, as they do not feel the profit from their drops are worth the potentially long travel time required to reach them.
- Chaotic equipment will degrade more quickly when fighting nechryael because of attacks from their death spawns.
- For players with the required Slayer level, Nechryaels are a good alternative to dragons for making money or gaining prayer xp, as the infernal ashes they always drop will provide a generous amount of prayer xp, and have a high value on the Grand Exchange. Compared to dragons, Nechyraels can be found in greater numbers, and often have less traffic.
|God Wars Dungeon|