|Release||26 January 2005 (Update)|
|An evil death demon.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|37 / 25 / 12|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Nechryael are Chthonian demons that require level 80 Slayer to kill. They are found on the top floor, northwest corner of the Slayer Tower in Morytania and in the Chaos Tunnels. They are the only monster to drop rune boots.
Cannons cannot be used as a means to kill them as cannons are not permitted in either of the places nechryaels can be found, but these demons are considered weak for their level. With low life points, low damage and mediocre defence, they can be easily defeated using a powerful crush weapon (their weakness), such as a chaotic maul, dual wielded drygore maces, or the Superior kyzaj. They can also be killed fairly effectively with slashing or stabbing weapons.
A nechryael's main attack is a two handed clawing move that hits up to 276 life points. When engaged in melee combat, a nechryael may randomly summon up to two level 95 death spawns to assist it. These death spawns have a meagre 500 life points and a low max hit of 10 life points, but are very accurate. They can be ignored by high level players, however they can be a nuisance for lower level players.
Most players with a high defence choose to ignore the Death spawn completely because they inflict so little damage that they are not worth the time to defeat. With a two-handed weapon, abilities such as Quake and Hurricane can quickly kill the death spawn without diverting attention away from the nechryael.
Using a Guthan's set against a nechryael is extremely effective if the player has high combat stats.
For those who wish to mage or range nechryael in the Slayer Tower, there is a hole in the floor in the southern part of the room that can be effectively used as a safespot. Another good strategy is to stand behind a death spawn so the nechryael will get trapped behind it. The roof area contains several objects that can be used for safespots, such as a skeleton lying on the floor.
Also a good tip is to use the ability Sacrifice on the death spawns - the ability will usually kill them immediately due to their low constitution, healing the player for 500 life points.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 99,564 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Rune full helm||1||Rare||19,869|
|Steel 2h sword||1||Common||2,174|
|Rune longsword||1||Very rare||17,991|
|Death rune||5; 10||Common||695–1,390|
|Chaos rune||3; 37||Uncommon||312–3,848|
|Morchella mushroom spore||4||Rare||1,192|
|Poison ivy seed||1||Uncommon||215|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||Rare||628|
|Torstol seed||1||Very rare||938|
|Coins||11; 44; 132; 220; 460; 8,992||Common||11–8,992|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Court summons||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Sealed clue scroll (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
Rare drop tableEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of wealth or luck of the dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||124,155–151,745|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||16,832|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||18,652|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||507,915–620,785|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||567,105–945,175|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||64,722|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,067,040–1,304,160|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||458,120–577,936|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||128,050–161,540|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||41,700–58,380|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||19,170–23,430|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||236,025–288,475|
|Big bones||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||15,980–19,270|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||303,120–370,480|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||13,230–16,170|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||229,320–280,280|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||36,750–42,000|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||354,375–433,125|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||1,046,700–1,279,300|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||40,704|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||610,560–746,240|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||286,560–350,240|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||96,120–117,480|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||139,500–170,500|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||135,315–165,385|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||8,792–10,048|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||997,050|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||6,885–8,415|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||198,450–242,550|
|Yew logs||68–82 (noted)||Uncommon||10,540–12,710|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||104,625–127,875|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||27,180–33,220|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||292,410–357,390|
|Vecna skull||1||Very rare||263,375|
|Hazelmere's signet ring||1||Very rare||2,052,582,424|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||15,545|
- The word nechryael appears to be an unchanging irregular plural noun, being both the singular and plural as indicated by slayer masters when assigning them and giving tips on fighting them and by the ring of slaying when checking the progress of the assignment.
- The old graphics of nechryael had a pentagram on their chest, a symbol of many religions and a sign that has many occult meanings. Meanwhile, in the current graphics, they don't even have a chest, featuring a body that has been cut open and hollow inside.
- When trying to write "Nechryael" on the Notes block, the game will censor it, showing up "Ne**ryael". It is currently unknown if this is a glitch or not.
- Mod Jack revealed on Twitter that nechryael are the spawn of Duke Orcus.
- The nechryael's arrival at the Slayer Tower is mentioned in a journal found near the aberrant spectres in the Tower.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 90,339 kills.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Jack's Twitter account. 23 June 2014. Mod Jack: "@Enquidou In my system the Nechryael are definitely Chthonians. I have them specifically as the spawn of Orcus. That's not canon yet though."
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"*
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. 6 May 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"