This article is about the perk. For other uses, see Mysterious (disambiguation).
|Has a mysterious effect...|
|Release date||25 January 2016 (Update)|
|Gizmo type||Weapon, Armour, Tool|
Mod Moltare hinted that the function of the perk can be discovered by:
- Analysing timestamps and that the perk does not do anything that would make it mandatory for high-level players.
- After he left Jagex, he posted one more hint on Twitter stating that the perk triggers under the same circumstances as other perks, and when it does, it rolls a number between 0 and 19, which is then compared to the perk's rank.
- When the perk activates, one of several buffs is applied to the player, these include decrease in ability cooldown, invisible buff to your combat abilities, causes monsters to drop a random amount of money (dependent on monster), and gain a few charges to your charge pack.
- A player with Rank 5 Mysterious perks on their weapon, chest and legs, along with a pet rock can walk to Port Sarim and perform the following emotes near the Pest Control squire in order: Spin, Dance, Wave, Skill Cape (any skillcape works, Invention 120 emote is glitched). Korasi will spawn and you will have to defeat her in an oil-wrestling competition. When she collapses, she will drop a Capsule-Corp Capsule. Activate the capsule near the end of the dock and a truck will spawn. Careful, if you activate the capsule anywhere else, you will need to repeat the steps above. Use a pet rock on the truck and it will grant you the non-combat pet Mew.
|Material||Rarity||Perk ranks with X materials|
Rank 5 is very rare, whereas 4 is uncommon. Ranks 2-3 are seen commonly.
- Contrary to popular belief, Mysterious does not randomise experience values.
- ^ Mod Moltare. Mysterious Perk: Tests Inconclusive. reddit.com. 12 April 2017. (Archived from the original on 19 September 2018.) "Those testing it: you may find it helpful to keep some screenshots with timestamps, for later reference."
- ^ Mod Moltare. Do we know what Mysterious Perk does?. reddit.com. 16 September 2016. (Archived from the original on 19 September 2018.) "Can confirm only that (a) it is not just an empty perk, and (b) it doesn't do anything that would lead top-end players to consider it mandatory for skilling, bossing or PvP."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Moltare's Twitter account. 8 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 19 September 2018.) Mod Moltare: "I'm not going to tell you the in-game effect, but I can tell you that when it triggers (and it triggers under the same conditions as any other perk) it rolls a number between 0 and 19 and compares that to the rank you have the perk at."