- This article has a related strategy guide here.
|Release date||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|XP per kill||569.9 (and 188 experience)|
|Always drops||Excrescence, Mutated vine|
|Examine text||They're supposed to protect the Queen, but this one has mutated.|
|Assigned by||Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
Mutated jadinko guards, along with males and babies, share a similar melee and magic attack. However a guard's melee attack is strong and occasionally hits above 200. Their magic attack is also high-hitting, but it doesn't hit often with even 95 magic defence bonuses. Using protection/deflection prayers will cause them to use the other attack they have to thwart prayer flashing on them. If players use Deflect/Protect from magic and they are unable to attack you, they will attempt a whip attack with nearby vines. but the vines hit extremely low, from 1-17. This attack is also triggered when a player targets a dreadnip to attack a mutated jadinko guard. They can bid multiple vines, along with males to attack you. So if a player were to stand near middle and there were 5 vines around him and the guard/male could not reach them, it will bid all five of them to attack the player at once, which is more dangerous than the standard attacks.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 1,901 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Grimy ranarr 1 (noted) Common 3,041 Grimy toadflax 1 (noted) Common 5,108 Grimy spirit weed 1 (noted) Common 1,615 Grimy irit 1 (noted) Common 2,890 Grimy wergali 1 (noted) Common 1,795 Grimy avantoe 1 (noted) Common 4,594 Grimy cadantine 1 (noted) Common 2,127 Grimy kwuarm 1 (noted) Common 4,870 Grimy snapdragon 1 (noted) Rare 4,086 Grimy lantadyme 1 (noted) Rare 9,057 Grimy dwarf weed 1 (noted) Rare 10,008 Grimy torstol 1 (noted) Rare 7,765
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Common fruit 1–2 Common Not sold Amphibious fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Aquatic fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Camouflaged fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Carrion fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Diseased fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Draconic fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Guthix fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Saradomin fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Shadow fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Zamorak fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Cannibal fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold Igneous fruit 1 Uncommon Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Red blossom seed 1 Common 18 Green blossom seed 1 Common 14 Blue blossom seed 1 Common 27 Strawberry seed 1 Common 407 Watermelon seed 1 Common 2,142 Marrentill seed 1 Common 9 Tarromin seed 1 Common 6 Harralander seed 1 Common 9 Ranarr seed 1 Common 1,742 Toadflax seed 1 Common 2,257 Irit seed 1 Common 267 Fellstalk seed 2 Common 1,620 Limpwurt seed 1 Uncommon 968 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 4 Bittercap mushroom spore 1 Uncommon 19 Wildblood seed 1 Uncommon 160 Spirit weed seed 1 Uncommon 320 Whiteberry seed 1 Uncommon 3 Jangerberry seed 1 Uncommon 1 Avantoe seed 1 Uncommon 2,662 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,800 Lantadyme seed 1 Rare 31,205 Dwarf weed seed 1 Rare 43,014 Torstol seed 1 Rare 22,999 Cactus seed 1 Very rare 17
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Juju teleport spiritbag 1 Common 2,060 Magic logs 2–10 (noted) Common 2,176–10,880 Mahogany logs 13–17 (noted) Common 8,918–11,662 Yew logs 13–30 (noted) Common 5,161–11,910 Anagogic ort 20 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold Curved bone 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold Long bone 1 Rare Not sold Whip vine 1 Very rare 89,793
- ^ Only with another drop.
- ^ Estimated at 1/1,949 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- Their magic attacks, along with other mutated jadinkos, seem to be a vine attack from beneath you, similar to the old special attack of the abyssal vine whip, but only hits you once.
- If they manage to hit you with their magic attack, after the projectile reaches you, there's a one second delay before the damage shows up. It is unknown if it affects the babies or males, and might be an oversight from Jagex.
- Upon release of the Evolution of Combat, these monsters were aggressive, causing complaints from several players. This was fixed with the release of the Kalphite King on 14 January 2013.
- Their weakness appears to defy the combat triangle - they are weak against a melee style (stab), but they use melee as their primary attack style, and magic as their secondary. It is unknown whether this is intentional.