|Release||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|Nowhere near as cute as its non-mutated counterpart.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|22 / 15 / 7|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Mutated jadinko babies require 80 Slayer to harm and can be found in the Jadinko Lair, which is located east of Shilo Village on Karamja. The lair itself can be accessed through a hole in the cave roof. Although they do not drop the coveted whip vine, they are still hunted for their 100% drops of mutated vines and excrescence, which are used for making sagaies and bolas. In addition, they can drop high level noted herbs, including Snapdragon and Torstol, as well as noted logs. They can also drop ancient effigies, rare as they may be.
Killing these will gain you 3 favour points with the Jadinkos.
Mutated jadinko babies attack mainly with melee, but if the player moves out of melee range or activates Protect from Melee, they will also use magic attacks which consist of a vine coming out of the ground and hitting the player. These attacks are slow and inaccurate, but if they hit, they will usually hit hard. Despite their high max hit, mutated jadinko babies commonly drop various jadinko fruits that restore 800-2000 life points each and give various benefits (depending on the fruit). The fruit drops are so common that higher level players won't need to bring food for the few times that they do get hit. However, care should be taken for those who have low defence, as they have an unusually large amount of health and max hit for their level. They however, have a very low defence so it should be quite easy in killing one without taking too much damage. Players using Sagaies or other sorts of Ranged should be careful as they will start with a magic attack, and will get closer to you to attack with melee.
They are able to bind the nearby vines to attack you.
Ranging them is not advised as they look like a 2x1 monster, but are actually a 1x1 sized monster, making it able to pass through most safespots. Meleeing them is a better alternative.
- Helm: Mask of Vines (on task) > Full slayer helmet/Slayer helmet/Black mask (on task) > Torva full helm > Bandos helmet
- Body: Torva platebody > Bandos chestplate > Torag's platebody
- Platelegs: Torva platelegs > Bandos tassets > Torag's platelegs
- Ring: Warrior ring (i) > Sixth-Age circuit/Onyx ring (i) > Ring of wealth > Ring of life
- Cape: Completionist cape > TokHaar-Kal-Ket > Max cape > Fire cape > Skillcape > Obsidian cape
- Amulet: Brawler's knockout necklace > Saradomin's whisper > Amulet of fury > Amulet of glory
- Gloves: Pneumatic gloves > Goliath gloves > Bandos gloves > Culinaromancer's gloves 10
- Boots: Torva boots > Bandos boots > Dragon boots > Rune boots
- Weapon: Drygore rapier/mace/longsword > Chaotic rapier > Other Chaotic weapons > Zamorakian spear (2h) > Godsword (2h) > Korasi's sword > Abyssal whip/vine
- Off-hand: Drygore > Off-hand chaotic rapier > Other off-hand Chaotic weapons > Jessika's sword > Enhanced excalibur
- Aura: Vampyrism > Reverence > Penance
- 5-10 pieces medium level food (optional as jadinko fruit is a common drop and recovers 1200 life points each)
- Emergency teleport (optional, but at least a spare Juju teleport spiritbag is needed in case of death)
- Extreme/Super attack and Extreme/Super strength (optional)
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 26,295 kills.|
1 charm is dropped at a time.
|Grimy toadflax||1 (noted)||Common||4,927|
|Grimy spirit weed||1 (noted)||Common||4,587|
|Grimy avantoe||1 (noted)||Common||1,509|
|Grimy kwuarm||1 (noted)||Common||5,116|
|Grimy wergali||1 (noted)||Common||1,275|
|Grimy cadantine||1–2 (noted)||Uncommon||2,834–5,668|
|Grimy ranarr||1 (noted)||Uncommon||2,221|
|Grimy irit||1 (noted)||Uncommon||3,176|
|Grimy lantadyme||1 (noted)||Uncommon||2,933|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1 (noted)||Uncommon||2,100|
|Grimy snapdragon||1 (noted)||Uncommon||2,067|
|Grimy torstol||1 (noted)||Rare||3,737|
|Blue blossom seed||1||Common||50|
|Green blossom seed||1||Common||39|
|Red blossom seed||1||Common||50|
|Spirit weed seed||1||Uncommon||1,271|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||Uncommon||691|
|Bittercap mushroom spore||1||Uncommon||622|
|Morchella mushroom spore||4||Uncommon||932|
|Poison ivy seed||1||Rare||184|
|Common fruit||1||Common||Not sold|
|Shadow fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Igneous fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Cannibal fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Aquatic fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Amphibious fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Carrion fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Diseased fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Draconic fruit||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Camouflaged fruit||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Guthix fruit||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Saradomin fruit||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Zamorak fruit||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mahogany logs||7–28 (noted)||Common||5,705–22,820|
|Yew logs||13–17 (noted)||Uncommon||2,470–3,230|
|Magic logs||3–10 (noted)||Uncommon||1,485–4,950|
|Juju teleport spiritbag||1–2||Uncommon||3,381–6,762|
|Sirenic scale||1||Very rare||397,143|
|Sealed clue scroll (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mimic kill token||1||Very rare||45,181|
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 466,968 kills, shared between all forms of mutated jadinko.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Boss. 2 Feb 2018. "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"