Players can click on the button at the top of the screen. If it is on, the track played on that moment will automatically repeat itself. Players can also click on green titles to choose which track to listen to. Titles in red have not been unlocked, and thus cannot be played.
- On 5 February 2008, after the Audio Week music update, the game informs players via red text in the chat box whenever they unlock a new track.
- On 18 March 2008, the music system had been updated with a counter which keeps 'track' of how many songs that has been unlocked. As of 9 April, the music counter had a bug, where it read 1 number higher than the actual songs unlocked. For new accounts, the newbie list has 20 songs, but the counter reads 21.
- On 3 April 2008, Mod Mark stated that a fix for the aforementioned bug has already been written and is currently in testing. Along with that, he also revealed that the counter will also show the maximum number of songs. For example, a player with all tracks unlocked would see "Unlocked: 608/608" on his or her music player.
- On 9 April 2008, Mod Mark stated that the counter fix is still in the pipeline, and that there is a queue so even very small updates can take a while to complete. No specific date has been given for the release of the fix.
- On 1 July 2008, with the release of the RuneScape HD update, the music counter currently shows the total number of tracks: "Unlocked: 550/549". However, it still contains a bug where it shows 1 track higher than the actual number of tracks unlocked.
- On 14 July 2008, with the release of the Bank Update and Item Lending, the counter was finally fixed, showing the correct number of songs unlocked.
- On 8 February 2010, a new update allowed players to create and customise a playlist of up to 12 songs.
- On 19 August 2010, a search button was added to quickly find tracks.
- On the release of Blood Runs Deep, a gap was under the Zombiism track. If a player press the 'Unlock Hint' button on the gap, the chatbox says: "This track unlocks not unlockable!" This has been fixed.
- While Dungeoneering, occasionally the music track being played will not be displayed on the top of the list. That's because in the rooms without monsters, the floor ambient is playing and is not displayed on the list.
- There is a glitch where there is a gap between the soundtrack "Desolo X" and "Diango's Little Helpers" If a player presses the 'Unlock Hint' button, it says: "This track unlocks automatically." It becomes Destiny.
- On the Game Guide, the music player listed 726 music tracks. But the number of music tracks was wrong until The Void Stares Back was released.
- In Clan Citadels, there is a glitch that while in the citadel, the music player will take a long time to start playing the citadel tracks. This has not been fixed.
- When using the search function, and going back to the music track list, it is possible for the tracks to overlap. It is unknown if this glitch has been fixed.
- There is sometimes a glitch where a track will not play when you click on it. The cause of this glitch is unknown, but it can be fixed by relogging.
|List of music tracks|
|Items with sound|
|Holiday items with sound|
|Emotes with sound||
Air Guitar • Around the World in Eggty Days • Beckon • Idea • Stomp • Freeze and melt • Trick • Dramatic Point • Give Thanks • Lolcano • Seal of Approval • Taskmaster • Skillcape • ROFL • Storm • Snow • Head in the Sand • Disappear • Ghost