Morvran Iorwerth is the nephew of the late Lord Iorwerth. He can be found in the Iorwerth Clan district of Prifddinas, and acts as the highest level slayer master in the game, requiring 85 Slayer, a combat level of 120, and completion of Plague's End to use. He offers the hardest slayer assignments in the game and also runs the Rush of Blood D&D.
Players can easily reach Morvran by teleporting to the Iorwerth district of Prifddinas via a crystal teleport seed, a ferocious ring, a Slayer cape, or by teleporting to Prifddinas via the Lodestone Network and walking south-west.
During the Elven Civil War, he was Head of Intelligence for the Iorwerth Clan and led a warband whose duty was to assassinate enemies along with Essyllt. He is very skilled at slaying, as he states that he can kill any beast if he wanted to with ease. Morvran makes his first appearance in Regicide. When the player exited the Underground Pass, a member of the elf resistance known as Idris asks them what a human is doing here. Morvran and Essyllt ambush and kill Idris, and tell the player to speak to Lord Iorwerth before disappearing into the woods.
When the war ended and Lord Iorwerth was killed by the Dark Lord, Morvran relinquished his position as next-in-line for lordship, allowing Iestin Edern to lead the Iorwerth clan. He states it as unconventional, but necessary for the clan. During his travels in the war, he met Kuradal. Kuradal taught Morvran many things about the rest of the world, and in return, Morvran taught her secrets that were closed off from the rest of the world. In addition, after meeting Kuradal, Morvran decided to become a slayer master because he was impressed with her talent.
Successfully completing a Slayer assignment confers an amount of Slayer reward points depending on how many tasks have been successfully completed in a row. After the Smoking Kills quest the amount is doubled. Completion of a task assigned by Morvran after completing Smoking Kills will grant:
- 20 Slayer points for a normal task
- 100 for every 10th task
- 300 for every 50th task
This means that an average of 32 points are earned per task in each 50-task set, resulting in a total of 1600 points.
For obtaining the "of the Iorwerth" title, a player must successfully complete eight dark beast Slayer tasks assigned by Morvran. Co-op dark beast assignments will count as well as tasks obtained with the helm of darkness; however, players cannot use a dark beast enhancer or helm of darkness while on a co-op task. Both players must have the same task before getting into a co-op or both players must have no task to be able to receive a co-op assignment.
|Monster name||Number of kills per task||Combat level||Slayer experience||Slayer experience per task||Slayer level||Weakness||Weighting|
|Abyssal demons||180-300||98, 107 (elite)||277.8, 1069||85||Slash||10|
|Adamant dragons||40-60||116||656||26,240-39,360||1||Air spells||8|
|Automatons||80-100||115||624||49,920-62,400||67|| Fire spells (Automaton Guardian)|
Crush (Automaton Tracer)
Arrows (Automaton Generator)
|Aviansie||150-195||89, 92, 95, 580/102 (Kree'arra and guards)||171, 187, 207, 2934/363.8||1||Bolts (aviansies), Nothing (Kree'arra and guards)||9|
|Aquanites||195-240||95, 104 (elite)||212.6, 968||41,457-51,024||78||Arrows||10|
|Black dragons||50-125||70 (Baby), 100 (Black), 276 (King), 900 (Queen)||45, 245, 1050.6, 1694||1||Bolts (baby/regular dragons), Nothing (King/Queen)||5|
|Corrupted creatures||194-246||88, 91, 94, 107, 110, 113||371, 408, 560, 679.8, 494, 653||88-103||N/A||10|
|Crystal Shapeshifters||128||112||1270||162,560||80||Fire spells (Melee), Thrown (Magic), Stab (Ranged)||12|
|Dagannoth||205-290||See Dagannoth article||See Dagannoth article||1||See Dagannoth article||10|
|Dark beasts||180-300||105, 112 (Revenant), 114 (elite)||331.4, 256, 1372.8||90||Bolts, Nothing (Revenant dark beast)||12|
|Edimmu||170-265||122, 125 (elite)||880.2, 2044||149,634-233,253||90||Slash||10|
|Elves||150-180||84/89 (Elf warrior), 108 (Seren mage, Seren archer, Seren warrior), 122 (Cadarn magus, Cadarn ranger, Iorwerth guard, Iorwerth scout)||73.6/89.4, 334.2, 334.2, 334.2, 608, 608, 608, 608||1|| Fire spells|
|Ganodermic creatures||85-110||112||565 (beast), 565 (runt)||48,025-62,150||95||Fire spells||7|
|Gemstone dragons||82-140||119, 126, 133||1448.4, 1858.8, 4768.8||118,768.8-202,776,
|95, 98, 101||Arrows||10|
|Greater demons||180-300||82, 92 (elite), 650/102 (K'ril Tsutsaroth and Tstanon Karlak), 200(Demon boss)||135.4, 620, 1849.5/209, 22720||1||Bolts (regular), Fire spells (K'ril/Tstanon)||11|
|Grotworms||100-180||28 (young), 63 (regular), 98 (mature)||11.4, 102.8, 343.5||1,140-2,052,
|Ice strykewyrms||120-240||106||693.2||83,184-166,368||93||Fire spells||8|
|Iron dragons||75-130||98||245||19,050-33,020||1||Water spells||7|
|Kalphites||205-300||See Kalphites article||See Kalphites article||1||See Kalphites article||5|
|Living wyverns||48||127, 133 (elite)||1878.8, 2654||90,182.4||96||Fire spells||8|
|Lost Grove creatures||100-120||140||2086, 2360, 2408.8||208,600-250,320,
|104, 106, 108|| Arrows (Vinecrawler)|
Slash (Bulbous crawler)
Fire spells (Moss golem)
|Mithril dragons||25-51||112||594.4||14,860-30,314.4||1||Earth spells||8|
|Muspah||150-180||150||469||70,350-84,420||76||Nothing, however Ancient Magicks inflicts double damage||10|
|Mutated jadinkos||195-265||93 (baby), 96 (guard), 100 (male)||98.6, 188.4, 209.6||80, 86, 91||Stab||8|
|Nechryael||170-265||96, 106 (elite)||251.6, 1120||80||Crush||10|
|Nihil||50-110||160||705.4 (Blood), 564 (Ice and smoke), 423 (Shadow)||76|| Magic (Blood)|
|Order of Ascension members||120-150||84 (Rorarius), 91 (Gladius), 105 (Capsarius/Scutarius), 304 (Legiones)||140, 220.2, 146.6/390.2, 1445/1922/1922/1922/1923/1923||81/95||Ranged||10|
|Ripper Demons||68-80||131 (normal), 138 (elite)||2830, 3203||192,440-226,400||96||Earth spells||8|
|Rune dragons||45-74||127 (regular), 130 (elite)||2051, 3399||1||Nothing||8|
|Shadow creatures||100-150||98 (Truthful), 112 (Blissful), 126 (Manifest)||343, 565, 930||1||Fire spells||10|
|Soul devourers||150-250||106, 109, 111, 115, 122, 130||504,536.2,370,799,408.4,1780.5||105-117|| Water spells (all melee) |
Arrows (Imperial mage akh)
Crush (Imperial ranger akh)
|Stalker creatures||150-174||86, 128, 135 (elite)||440.6, 1950||71, 99||Thrown (Seeker) Arrows (Soulgazer)||8|
|Steel dragons||50-125||100||350||17,500-43,730||71, 99||Water spells||9|
|TzHaar||95-130||86 (Normal), 112, 119 (Fight Cauldron)||77.5, 198, 254, 381, 445, 813.5, 824||1|| Water spells (TzHaar-Ket and TzHaar-Hur)|
Arrows (TzHaar-Mej) See Fight Cauldron
|Tormented demons||50-75||119||1136||56,800-85,200||1||Fire spells (melee), Bolts (magic), Stab (ranged)||8|
|Vyrewatch||110-155||70, 72, 75, 78, 86, 91 (Vyrewatch) / 98 (Vyrelord/Vyrelady)||43.2, 47.4, 52.2, 57.6, 89.4, ?, 93.8 / 115||31 / 67|| Nothing|
Blisterwood(only blisterwood weapons, Sunspear or the Ivandis flail can cause damage)
|Waterfiends||205-300||102, 107, 111 (elite)||290.8, 335, 1181.5||1||Bolts||9|
- ^ Only after paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ^ Only after completing One of a Kind
- ^ Only after completing Birthright of the Dwarves
- ^ Only with 115 Dungeoneering
- ^ Only after completing the Hard Karamja Tasks
- ^ Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 25/07/2017. Mod Daze: "10 for gemstone"
- ^ Only after completing Ritual of the Mahjarrat and paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ^ Players need to own a fire cape or TokHaar-Kal (equipped, in player-owned house, in bank, or in inventory) or have purchased the ability to get an ice strykewyrm Slayer task for 2,000 Slayer points. Players must also have completed The Tale of the Muspah. Dropping all fire capes before obtaining a new task and picking them up afterwards can avoid this assignment.
- ^ This is the level required to be assigned them as a task. Players also need 90 Dungeoneering to access the Kal'gerion dungeon
- ^ Mod Ramen. Reddit. 26/09/2017. "These creatures have a task weight of 12"*
- ^ a b Only after completing Fate of the Gods and paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ^ Only after completing Children of Mah and paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ^ Only after completing Ritual of the Mahjarrat and Fate of the Gods.
- ^ Only after completing Dishonor Among Thieves.
- ^ Mod Iago. Reddit. 8/01/2018. "Stalker Creatures have a task weighting of 8 from both Slayer Masters."*
- ^ Only after completing While Guthix Sleeps and paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- ^ Only after completing The Branches of Darkmeyer.
Morvran offers a unique Slayer challenge occasionally. There is no penalty for refusing this challenge. Morvran's challenge is for the player to slay the following bosses once each:
- Giant Mole (hard mode)
- Kalphite Queen
- Dagannoth Kings
- King Black Dragon
- Queen Black Dragon
- Commander Zilyana
- K'ril Tsutsaroth
- General Graardor
Upon killing each boss the player will acquire dark crystals in their inventory, which give the player debuffs for killing the remaining bosses, by reducing their damage dealt and the amount healed by the player or increasing the damage that the player takes. Although the crystals can be banked, the player must carry all collected crystals while killing the remaining bosses or they will not progress through the challenge. It is therefore advised to tackle harder bosses first and finish with easier bosses.
Once the last boss is killed, the crystals will be sent straight to Morvran, and the player will be rewarded with 50,000 Slayer experience and 45 Slayer reward points (if the quest Smoking Kills is completed), along with usual points from the player's current completed tasks. Each completion of Morvran's challenge increases the cap of black crystals obtainable at once by one.
The percentage chance of getting assigned a given slayer task can be calculated using the formula
where is the task's weight and is the sum of all weights for the particular slayer master. Note that the weights of all blocked tasks, tasks toggled off, and those that the player doesn't have the level to complete need to be subtracted from the sum . Preferring a task doubles its weight.
For Morvran, assuming all possible assignments are available, S = 433.
- Prior to the release of Plague's End, Morvran's examine text was "An elven warrior.". He has the same one as Essyllt now.
- The word Morvran is made up of the Middle Welsh words mawr, meaning "big", and brân, meaning "crow". The name is parallel to the Celtic spelling, Morfran, with only the f changed to a v. The Older Welsh usage is likely due to Jagex's usual use of the Welsh language in most of the Elven names in the game. Morvran is often depicted in Welsh Mythology as a dark, demon-like character that is very ugly.
- There used to be a bug that could cause players to receive irregular amounts of Slayer reward points for completing tasks assigned by Morvran. This was fixed on 13 October 2014.
- In his warbanding gear, both his eyes can be seen intact through his visor.
- If attempting to talk to Morvran in his warbanding gear a standard 'Nothing interesting happens.' message is shown.
|Part 7 of the God quest series • Part 3 of the Enchanted key quest series • Related to the Elf quest series|