|Release date||6 September 2011 (Update)|
|High Alch||60 coins|
|Low Alch||40 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||3,532 coins (info)|
|Examine||They have miraculous properties.|
The Morchella Mushroom is a high-level ingredient used in Herblore. Currently, its sole use is in the prayer renewal potion. They can be grown at level 74 Farming in the mushroom patch near Canifis, by planting a morchella mushroom spore. Planting the spore yields 160 Farming experience. Harvesting them yields nine mushrooms that give 77.7 Farming experience each, for a total of 859.3 Farming experience per cycle. These mushrooms grow after three 80 minute farming cycles, for a total growth time of four hours.
After completing the Moritania Medium Tasks, the patch will not become diseased. After completing the Morytania Elite Tasks, one fixed bonus is the ability to receive double the amount of morchella mushrooms (so 18 rather than 9), from the Canifis patch.
- Morchella mushrooms are based on their real-life counterparts. They are commonly referred to as "Morel" mushrooms.
- The examine info is a reference to the fact that these mushrooms are sometimes known as "Miracle Mushrooms" in parts of the United States where they grow.
- Unlike most Farming crops which you can interact with by hovering over most of the patch, you must hover your cursor over one individual mushroom to interact with these. It does not matter which one.
- On the day of release, these were selling on the Grand Exchange for much higher than their market price, even reaching 2 million coins each. There is no evidence on the price chart to support this, however, this phenomenon happens to most items on the day of their release.
- Although it is unknown if this is a glitch or not, some players have reported that the time taken to grow Morchella Mushrooms exceeds four hours; possibly up to six hours or more.