Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Monster killing, also called Player Versus Environment , PvE is the aspect of killing monsters as opposed to Player killing.
Some minigames, such as Barbarian Assault or Pest Control, provide an objective in which players are organised to hold off or defeat subsidiary monsters. The goal of these minigames is to promote unity and cooperation among players, while still maintaining a fair sense of fun and achievement. There is often great reward to be found while participating in such minigames.
Many players often choose to battle bosses, which occurs in large-scale events, such as the God Wars Dungeon PvE battles, in which multiples of players team up to conquer a single boss, often using the Combat triangle to provide effective killing.
Monsters vs. monstersEdit
In monster vs. monster combat, two monsters engage in combat until one is killed. Although uncommonly seen, monster vs. monster combat can be observed in a few specific locations. Some of the locations where monster vs. monster combat occurs are:
- Dwarf Cannon quest (goblins attacking dwarves)
- God Wars Dungeon
- The Heart of Gielinor
- Goblin Village (Red armoured goblins attacking green armoured goblins)
- Fremennik Isles
- Ratcatchers quest where Pox attacks rats.
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat quest final fight, temple knight vs Khazard, temple knight and Zarosian Mahjarrats vs Lucien and Zamorakian Mahjarrats.
- Khazard Battlefield (Khazard guards attacking gnomes)
- Ourania Cave
- The Lord of Vampyrium quest; first two parts of the final battle, the Myreque vs Lord Drakan.
- Rellekka Hunter Area Dungeon
- Land of Snow (2007 Christmas Event)
- Isafdar (Elves killing an Elf)
- Dorgeshuun quest series
- Chaos Dwarf Battlefield
- Zanik fighting monsters such as H.A.M. followers, Sigmund and the Bandos avatar
- Blood Runs Deep (Fremennik warriors attacking dagannoths)
- Lumbridge river where the pair of Level 18 Elite Lumbridge Guardsmen engage any goblins attempting to cross the bridge
- Summoning familiars and other NPCs allied with the player fighting other monsters.
During Gnomecopter trips (now removed from the game), player spoofs (e.g. Cow1337killr) in member-only areas are actually considered monsters, as they have unique examine options. In RuneScape one may notice that certain monsters, such as revenants, although designed to replace player killers, do NOT actually fight amongst themselves.
Monster vs. monster combat is sometimes used to an advantage by players because if they deal at least one damage, they will get the drops even though the monster dealt more damage. This is somewhat common in the God Wars Dungeon.