|Release date||26 May 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can get another from Diango in Draynor Village.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||For all your monkey business.|
The monkey cape was an exclusive reward from the last Wild Weekend. It was obtainable after finding all 10 monkeys in Monkey Hide and Seek, after which the cape would have appeared in the player's inventory. It is possible to store the cape in the toy box of a player owned house. The cape is a cosmetic item adding no bonuses whatsoever.
A player wearing a monkey cape
|[view] • [talk]|
- The news article on the main page says "If you've found all 10 monkeys, head over to Diango in Draynor Market to claim your prize!", even though the cape is automatically added to your inventory after finding all ten monkeys. However, it can be reclaimed from Diango if lost.
- This cape could be a reference to the phrase 'Having a monkey on your back', which is anything you find to be a constant burden.
- Despite there being a monkey on the cape when worn, there is no monkey on it when it is inside the inventory.
- It is currently one of the only capes in Runescape to descend from the character's shoulders to the ground.
- This item is currently "limited" and rare as only the players who completed the final event of Mad May can own this cape.
|Capes of Accomplishment(m)||
Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Dungeoneering (Master) • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting • Quest point
|Capes of Distinction(m)|
Ardougne cloak(1)(2)(3)(4) • Fremennik cloak • Ghostly cloak • H.a.m. cloak • Warlock cloak • Witch cloak • Web cloak • Mourner cloak • Saradomin cloak • Zamorak cloak • Guthix cloak • Armadyl cloak • Bandos cloak • Ancient cloak • Clan cloak • Hati cloak • Hallowed cloak • Unhallowed cloak
|Non-combat, quest- and minigame-related capes|