Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|A Zamorakian human cleric.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|2 / 1 / 0|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
Monks of Zamorak worship the god of chaos, Zamorak. The monks have formed groups and worship together at altars scattered throughout RuneScape. They attack with melee and magic attacks. Unlike Saradomin monks, they do not heal players and do not have a "Talk-to" option. The only place that monks of Zamorak talk is in the Wilderness. Some monks are aggressive and attack when players approach them. They are able to use stat draining magic attacks.
- Free to Play
- Level 43 and 46 monks can be found in the Captured Temple south of Goblin Village. Player should keep in mind that these monks are aggressive towards anybody who attempts to take the Wine of Zamorak by any means, even with the Telekinetic Grab spell.
- One level 46 monk is locked up in a cell on the ground floor of Varrock Palace, although he is currently unreachable.
- Level 23 monks are located in Paterdomus, accessible during and after the Priest in Peril quest. After the River of Blood quest, they were cleared out by the player.
- Several level 46 monks are located just outside the entrance to the Ourania Cave, north of the Observatory.
- Level 54 monks can be found in the Taverly Dungeon and Chaos Tunnels.
In one Treasure Trails clue, a Zamorak Monk must be slain to obtain a key that opens drawers in the Monastery. Monks of Zamorak at the Chaos Temple and the entrance to the Ourania altar will drop this key. Monks of Zamorak at Paterdomus do not.
|Golden key||1||Always||Not sold|
|Represents a 90% confidence range.|
Based on a sample of 1,333 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
Add data to the log
|Spirit sapphire||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit emerald||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Spirit ruby||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- During the Defender of Varrock quest, when the zombies attack the Varrock Palace, the imprisoned Monk of Zamorak can be shouting various phrases: "Kill those guards!" "Let me out! I'm a bad guy too!" "Someone want to get me out of here?" "So are any of you zombies gonna break me out?" "Hey! Zombies, I'm on your side." "Haha, mash those guards" "Let me out, I'll help with the invasion!" or "Oi, Mr. Zombie, Can you let me out?"
- The chant of the monks in the Black Knights' Fortress is a reference to the Pie Jesu from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
|Related to the Myreque quest series|
|Related||Quick guide • Transcript|