This article is about Saradominist monks. For other uses, see Monk (disambiguation).
|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Combat level||3, 5|
|XP per kill||80 and 20 constitution experience)|
|Examine text||A holy man.|
A Monk is a non-player character usually found in monasteries, churches, and the island of Entrana. Monks will heal a few of a player's Life points if the player talks to them and asks them to do so. Monks are useful for training at lower combat levels, as players can talk to another monk and ask him to heal the player.
Contrary to popular belief, monks do not drop monk's robes. Instead, monk robes spawn on a table in the upper floor of the Monastery.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 83
- It is possible to have a monk heal you after you kill him, as long as you begin a conversation after you have dealt the killing blow before he dies. Also, you can be healed while someone else is fighting the monk.
- If you are wearing adamant armour or better, they will hardly ever hit you. Chances are 1/100>.
- Monks used to be able to heal themselves 2 HP (Equivalent to 20 life points) each time (the monks on Entrana still heal themselves), instead of an attack. This enabled some users who focused on one combat skill (Most commonly Defence) to be able to attack the same Monk for a long amount of time as they couldn't hit more than 10 or 20.
- Contrary to the popular belief, monks don't cure poison when they heal you.
- Monks heal 30% of your LP when asked to, using the Option "Talk-to". However, other players prefer to speak to Abbot Langley, but he heals exactly the same amount of health (30% of your lifepoints).
- Male characters can look exactly like a monk by wearing monk robes and having a shaved head hairstyle.