"MMG" redirects here. This abbreviation may also refer to the current CEO of Jagex, Mark Gerhard.
This provides players with a list of ideas that can help them make money in RuneScape. When using this guide, players should keep in mind that the economy of RuneScape is constantly changing, which means that not all of the information given here will be completely accurate. Although the vast majority of these methods were and still are accurate for many of the players who've contributed to sharing these methods, they are not guaranteed to work for every single player. Making money can be a long and arduous process, so bearing in mind that no matter how fast and effective one method may be, it still takes time and patience to earn and hold onto large amounts of money.
Before you make your first edit or addition, please view the guidelines for adding information. These are so that these guides may be as effective and accurate as possible in helping players.
Also, please make sure that Free-to-play methods are found under both sections as members may still wish to use them as references, but that Pay-to-play methods should not be found under free-to-play sections.
|Non-members guides||Members guides|
Making money without skills
- Advanced Trading Guide
- Money making guide/Miscellaneous and Merchanting (F2P)
- Money making guide/Miscellaneous and Merchanting (P2P)
- Money making guide/Stronghold
- Note: Some quests involve a monetary reward at completion.
Buying items from shops and selling them at the Grand Exchange.
Money can be made daily through certain Repeatable events for from 10k to 150k per event.
Tips and hints
- Begging is one of the least efficient money making methods. With the same effort you could easily kill cows for their cowhide or beef, mine rune/pure essence, or collect Mort myre fungi or Blue dragon scales, which would make money a lot more easily.
- Make sure to pick up as much money left on the ground as you can when training or travelling. Although it seems pointless to do so, even small amounts of money can add up to thousands, so picking up that extra small drop from a guard or rock crab counts toward your earnings. This is especially a good idea now that we have the coin pouch.
- The RuneScape Official Forums or the Forums of a clan site can be used to help money makers buy and sell items more efficiently and easily.
- The Grand Exchange in the specified trade worlds (Worlds 1-6, etc.) is the busiest trading centre for both free players and members, and as such, can help players find the item they need quicker and help players sell their items quicker.
- As time passes, and more players join the game demand for items generally increase. As a result, prices may inflate and your coins will be worth less. See the CTI for a rough measure of inflation.
- Certain items which are not tradeable over the Grand Exchange can still be bought and sold normally from other players.
- There is a limit to buying 2 discontinued or Treasure Trails items every 4 hours.
- When buying/selling items through the Grand Exchange, it's helpful if you buy items for a few coins higher or sell for a few coins lower. This way, you can automatically place your trade at the head of all the market price offers.
- A general equation for determining the amount of profit or loss is: If k is negative then players are losing money. In order to use this equation to determine how much one would make players need to give values to the variables. I is the initial investment; t is the number of times that you are going to perform your "method"; this will then give you F which is the final price.
- Example: Assume one has 5,000 coins. Materials cost 500 coins and the product sells for 1,000 coins. You want to do this 5 times, this gives you F = 500*10*5, which comes out to 25,000 coins.
- If you are training to get a skill to 99, you could try to make money out of this.
- Example: if you were getting 99 woodcutting, instead of doing ivy or sawmill you could do magic/yew trees to 99.
- For a dangerous and unsteady way of making a fair profit, is to enter the Wilderness in worlds 1 or 18, and loot drops. Though the drops can be ranging from a few hundred to a few million coins, depending on the amount of inventory space by the killer, and how many looters there are in the area.
If a money making method is out of date, you can this page to improve it.
Money making guides
Combat • Combined • Agility • Cooking • Construction • Crafting • Dungeoneering • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting