Moia is the main protagonist of Nadir, one of the Fremennik Sagas. This story dates back both 500 years ago, precursing the events leading up to her search for Bilrach and explaining the origins of Moia, and one year ago when the actual story is being told. Under orders from Lucien, she searches for Bilrach so that he may be used as a sacrifice during the 18th Mahjarrat Ritual of Rejuvenation. She is Lucien's daughter, effectively (or ineffectively in the eyes of Lucien and Zemouregal due to lacking certain Mahjarrat traits, such as telepathy) making her half Mahjarrat, although the identity of the mother is currently unknown. The fact that she is only half Mahjarrat is something that makes Lucien despise her and has drawn the interest of Zemouregal as well. It appears that other Mahjarrat do not know of her existence as Lucien trusts her well enough to spy upon them, specifically Bilrach in this case.
She uses magic to disguise herself as various inhabitants of the dungeons of Daemonheim, and later on in the saga she also uses the magic drained from the portals scattered throughout the Occult and Warped floors to combat said inhabitants with increasingly powerful magic based on how much Portal Energy she has accumulated. During the saga, depending on any four choices taken (giving virtually 2 similar endings), she either tries to probe Bilrach's mind which gets her knocked out then revived, or decides to follow Bilrach and explore Daemonheim with him in order to "rule over Gielinor." The following are a list of her choices:
- Choice 1 - She states that she will inform the other Mahjarrat about Daemonheim, and they will destroy it. Bilrach then knocks out Moia.
- Choice 2 - She states that she will take Daemonheim for herself, and tries to take Bilrach's identity by looking at his memories. Looking at his memories knocks Moia out, and Bilrach revives her.
- Choice 3 - She follows Bilrach to the bottom of Daemonheim.
- Choice 4 - She follows Bilrach to the bottom of Daemonheim with the intent of betraying him and taking all the power for herself.
Lucien is not fond of his daughter; in fact, he frequently threatens Moia with death or worse during her mission to locate Bilrach. However, she is still inexplicably fiercely loyal to him. When Moia told him through her device that she failed her mission, he immediately made it clear that he intended to strangle her with his own hands if they meet again, but all Moia said was "Goodbye, father."
Unlike her cruel and merciless father and despite her apparently harsh upbringing, Moia retained much humanity in her character. While she does not hesitate to slay all those who oppose her on her hunt for the elusive Bilrach, she expressed regret and remorse after killing Captain Toma, an honourable warrior, and promised to tell his lover that his last thoughts were of her.
In combat, she wields her dagger, later Captain Toma's sword and Yudura's staff. All have the same special attack, which drains 75% of the special attack bar. It instantaneously takes effect if the bar is clicked while there are targets within close range. Moia would vanish briefly and reappear on the other side of the target(s), dealing heavy damage. This could hit multiple targets, and doesn't seem to miss. The highest recorded hit with this special attack is 478. However, it was reported that a 393 hit has a golden hitsplat. This might be a glitch.
When charged with portal energy, she could fight with three different types of magic. Fire magic is fastest and interrupts enemy attacks when it hits, but hits the lowest, with the highest recorded hit as 110. Water magic deals moderate damage (highest recorded hit around 190) at moderate speed and slows down targets. Earth magic deals heavy damage (highest recorded hit over 400) but with no special effects and is incredibly slow.
- She uses a different animation from players and other NPCs when casting her Earth magic.
- She was first referenced to in 2002 when Lucien says "My daughter is more of a hero than you!" should the player refuse to help Lucien steal the Staff of Armadyl during Temple of Ikov.
- Some of Lucien's dialogue at the start of Nadir suggests that Moia was created, and not born naturally.
- There is currently a glitch that causes Moia, disguised as Captain Toma, utilise punches or kicks rather than using the Captain's sword when attacking enemies until the player swap his current attack style once which will result in fixing the glitch.
- It is not explicitly stated that Moia's mother is human. The closest thing is when Bilrach says he senses her humanity. However, Mod Osborne later confirmed in a Q&A that her mother was in fact human.
- When the player completes the Nadir saga, Skaldrun will state that a disaster is coming, and that he is weary to face it, a reference to the result of the "union" of Bilrach and Moia. However, according to Ali the Wise, a Mahjarrat died in the Daemonheim, so their union possibly does no longer exist.
- Moia is not skilled with Summoning as examining a summoning obelisk during Nadir would result in a message saying that it can't help her.
- Despite being a Mahjarrat, she does not appear in Zemouregal's Notes. This is likely because he doesn't consider her a "true Mahjarrat" due to her being half-human.