|Release date||24 October 2005 (Update)|
The Mogre miniquest must be completed in order to fight Mogres.
|Start point||Speak to Skippy located south east of the town of Rimmington.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official difficulty||Unknown edit|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Travel south-east of Rimmington and north-west of the fishing spots, and look for Skippy along the shore. Speak to him, and he will ramble about being attacked by Mudskippers, but is unable to remember where due to being drunk.
He will get annoyed at being soaked in cold wet water, but will be a bit more sober. He will complain about being freezing and requests some nettle tea to warm him up.
If you don't already have any nettle tea, it may be made relatively quickly from the following steps:
- Pick some nettles near Draynor Village jail or in Canifis (closer to lodestone). You will need to be wearing gloves of some kind.
- Get a bowl and fill it up with water. Bowls may be obtained from the Rimmington general store and filled up at the well.
- Use the nettles on the bowl to create nettle-water, and then use this liquid on a range. Take care not to drink the nettle-water. A range can be found in the house just north of Hetty's house in Rimmington.
Head back to Skippy, and talk to him to hand over the nettle tea. He will thank you, but will now complain of having a hangover. He needs a hangover cure before he will be able to tell you what happened.
To create a hangover cure, you will need to first obtain a bucket of milk if you don't have one already. The quickest way to get one from Rimmington is to purchase a bucket from the general store, and then milk one of the Dairy cows near the Crafting Guild. While here, you might want to pick up the snape grass for the next part of the mini-quest.
Once you have your bucket of milk, you will need to use some chocolate dust on it to create Chocolatey milk. If you don't have some already, chocolate dust may be obtained by crushing a chocolate bar, which is sold in the food store in Port Sarim.
Head back to Skippy, and hand him the hangover cure. His hangover will be cured, and he will start to recall what happened to him. He will reveal that he was attacked by Mogres while fishing at Mudskipper Point using Fishing Explosives purchased from a slayer master, and mistook them for Mudskippers due to their hats.
Congratulations, you can now kill Mogres!
- Ability to slay mogres at level 32 Slayer.
- Ability to do another Falador Task.
- Ability to own a giant crab, after completing the Freeing Pirate Pete subquest of Recipe for Disaster (with 40 Summoning).
Required for CompletingEdit
- If you have already created the hangover cure in the Plague City quest, you will mention to Skippy that you know how to make the cure and have made it before.
- During the Meg-a May event in May 2016, this miniquest is incompletable. This is due to the disappearance of Skippy in one of Meg's cases, which makes you unable to start the miniquest.