|Role||Lead Designer for RuneScape|
David James Osborne, also known as Mod Osborne, is the Lead Designer for RuneScape at Jagex. Prior to this, he was an editor at Jagex, mainly filtering content for typos and grammar as well as writing QuestHelp entries and Postbags from the Hedge. His job includes making sure that all content that is released to RuneScape is consistent with storylines and lore in the game, although he also designs various content. After that, he became Senior Narrative Designer, largely in charge of the game's overall story, and he is the conceiver of the Sixth Age storyline. He was promoted to Lead Designer in May 2015, succeeding Mod Mark. He was also the leader of The Guardians scrum team.
Mod Osborne has appeared in many Behind the Scenes videos, RuneCast episodes, podcasts as well as the official (lore) livestreams and Q&As. As Senior Narrative Designer, he usually worked with Mod Mark when discussing matters relating to lore. Osborne was the main speaker in the Above the Lore episodes, and also usually participates in lore Q&As or so-called campfires on the forums.
Mod Osborne previously worked as Sports Editor at Chapters Sports, Diary Planner & Order Coordinator at Inca Interiors and Sales Assistant at Paperchase Products before joining Jagex. He graduated from the University of Kent in Britain before that.
Most of the dialogue in Dimension of Disaster was written by him and he designed various significant recent updates, including The World Wakes and Prifddinas. He is the author of the Lores and Histories:
|Preceded by||Title||Succeeded by|
|Mark Ogilvie||Lead Designer for RuneScape||Incumbent|
- For the behind the scenes video of A Stray In A Manger, Osborne was painted blue and acted as 'Mod Santa'.
- Due to his work as editor, Mod Osborne has played each quest in RuneScape at least fifteen times.
- In The Road To Elf City mini-series, David Osborne went by the alias Mod Elfborne, his alleged cousin, before the release of Prifddinas. He also went to RuneFest 2014 as Mod Elfborne.
- Osborne has several references in and related to Prifddinas; Mod Elfborne and Daffyd are both based on him, and a reference to him is included in the Tirannwn Achievement Diary. Outside Prifddinas, the turkey Osborne and the demon Ospawn are also based on Mod Osborne.
- ^ Mod Osborne. Mod Osborne responding to the disappearance of his twitter account. 25 September 2018. (Archived from the original on 25 September 2018.) "Apologies, I hadn’t meant to cause a fuss. I am very much still lead designer on RuneScape, and will still be available on Reddit."
- ^ Jagex. Story Exposed: Part 1 Mod Osborne RuneScape podcast, 12 April 2014.
- ^ Mod Pips. "RuneScape Team Changes." 29 May 2015. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. Official lore livestream with Mod Osborne Official lore livestream, 2 August 2013.
- ^ Jagex. Elf City Part 2 Mod Osborne RuneScape podcast, 13 November 2014.
|Old School RuneScape||