|Release date||22 September 2014 (Update)|
|Location||Tower of Voices|
|Examine||An elf with an unfeasibly large face.|
Mod Elfborne Amlodd is an Amlodd clan elf that appears when a player uses a bacon mound, chocolate bar and bread on Seren upstairs in the Tower of Voices while the other two items are in their inventory. Doing so unlocks [Name] the Elfborne title.
Upon appearing for the player, he takes the bacon mound and cycles randomly through a number of different sayings:
- All other gods are either Zaros or Seren in disguise!
- An elf falls in love with a goblin, they are shunned for their love but the player champions them.
- Daemonheim is actually a reality TV show and the elder gods are laughing at players!
- Dragonkin are lovely really. It's just the player who sees monsters!
- Every demon has twelve names, only three of which a mortal could pronounce!
- Everybody wants a go with Armadyl's staff!
- Goblins are just elves that have shrunk in the wash!
- Guthix is actually Seren's sister and Zaros's long lost son!
- Remember all this, there will be a test!
- Sliske just wants the player to love him, but cannot work out how to share his feelings!
- The elder gods are mere pawns of the even elderer gods!
- The player is actually mad and is really in an asylum!
- The Sixth Age is over! You missed the Seventh Age! It's now the Eighth Age!
- There are twelve Elfborne crystals scattered across RuneScape! Find them all!
- What if the elder gods are actually just Zaros's practical joke?
- When goblins invent computers, BandOS will return!
- You're really a god disguised as a human!
He will eventually disappear and can be summoned again with another mound of bacon.
- He is a reference to Mod Osborne dressed up as an elf in the "Road to Prifddinas" Behind the Scenes videos. His examine text references Osborne's reputation for having a large face, as well as being known as "the face of RuneScape" according to an interview from RuneFest 2013.
- The saying concerning "BandOS" is a play on Bandos and the acronym of operating system.
- "Goblins are just elves that have shrunk in the wash!" is a reference to J.R.R. Tolkien's books. Orcs and Goblins are believed to have evolved from Elves when Melkor (later Morgoth) captured, corrupted and bred them.
- When trying to re-summon him, there used to be the message "Mod Elfborne's appetite has already been sated, he will not return again."
- The abyssal demon Grapefruit sometimes references Mod Elfborne by saying "Ellllfff...." or "...booorne..." as it wanders around.