Mod Bond was an Audio Developer at Jagex from 2006 to 2017 and the second-longest serving member of the Audio Team at the time of his departure. He composed and reworked hundreds of music tracks and created thousands of sound effects for the Audio Team, as well as integrating the aforementioned.
Although most of his time was spent on RuneScape, he also provided music and sound effects for several FunOrb games (Steel Sentinels, Miner Disturbance, Dungeon Assault, Escape Vector, Hold the Line, Sol-Knight, Shattered Plans, Stellar Shard) and various other projects (including the unreleased MechScape/Stellar Dawn).
He also composed various music tracks for Old School RuneScape.
RuneScapeEditMod Bond has composed over 432 music tracks, including:
- Shifting Tombs (music track)
- More Than a Mouthful II
- Corruption Slayer
- Shattered Worlds VII
- Shattered Worlds VI
- Shattered Worlds V
- Shattered Worlds IV
- Shattered Worlds III
- Shattered Worlds II
Old School RuneScapeEdit
- Monkey Badness
- Mor Ul Rek
- The Militia
- Ice and Fire
- Last Man Standing
- Lava is Mine
- In 2006 he developed audio for Warriors' Guild, Death to the Dorgeshunn, Fairy Tale Part 2, Elemental Workshop II, The Eyes of Glouphrie and Animal Magnetism.
- In 2007 he developed audio for The Lair of Tarn Razorlor, Cold War, The Fremennik Isles, Tower of Life, The Great Brain Robbery, What Lies Below, Olaf's Quest, Another Slice of H.A.M., Dream Mentor, Grim Tales, Impetuous Impulses, improving the timing of skill sounds, King's Ransom, God Wars Dungeon and Clan Wars.
- In 2007, around a year after joining Jagex, he wrote a development diary about his work along with Mod Ian and Mod Dan A.
- In 2008 he developed audio for Chaos Tunnels, Summoning, Pawya and Grenwall Hunter Creatures, Catapult Construction, Vinesweeper, Chaos Tunnels: The Hunt for Surok, Kennith's Concerns, Stronghold of Player Safety, Perils of Ice Mountain, Rocking Out, Clan Wars Update, Defender of Varrock, Stealing Creation and While Guthix Sleeps.
- In 2009 he developed audio for The Chosen Commander, Mobilising Armies, Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf, Living Rock Caverns, The Temple at Senntisten, and Kuradal's Dungeon.
- He coded the original version of the Music Playlist (with guidance from Mod Ash), released on 8 February 2010.
- In 2010 he also developed audio for Strykewyrms, Love Story, Dungeoneering and Fairy Tale Part III and Halloween 2010.
- A milestone audio update released on 18 October 2010 included various new sound effects composed by Mod Bond, the first non-synthesized sound effects used in-game since RuneScape Classic.
- In 2011 he developed audio for King of the Dwarves, Nex, A Clockwork Syringe, Livid Farm, Capes of Distinction, Lava Flow Mine, Fremennik Sagas, Deadliest Catch, Troll Invasion, Clan Citadel, Salt in the Wound, Jadinko Lair, Magic Spell sound improvements, Ritual of the Mahjarrat, Deathcon II: Halloween 2011, Flash Powder Factory and One Piercing Note.
- In 2012 he developed audio for The Firemaker's Curse, Fremennik Sagas II, Bonfires, Carnillean Rising, Druidic Ritual, Wolf Whistle, Death Plateau, Let Them Eat Pie, The Elder Kiln, Stolen Hearts, Diamond in the Rough, and The Brink of Extinction.
- In 2013 he developed audio for Demon Slayer, The World Wakes, Vorago, Bringing Home the Bacon, Birthright of the Dwarves, and Missing, Presumed Death.
- Mod Bond reworked around 100 music tracks for the release of RuneScape 3 (22 July 2013) (and many more subsequently).
- In 2014 he developed audio for One of a Kind, Fate of the Gods, A Shadow over Ashdale, The Mighty Fall, Plague's End, Prifddinas, Broken Home, and Heart of Stone.
- In 2015 he developed audio for Dishonour among Thieves, Dimension of Disaster, Tuska Comes, Hero's Welcome, The Lord of Vampyrium, Call of the Ancestors, The Invasion of Falador, and Beneath Cursed Tides.
- Mod Bond played/recorded/produced himself playing violin on several of the music tracks for The Lord of Vampyrium.
- In 2016 he developed audio for Invention, Sliske & the Chocolate Factory, God Wars Dungeon 2, Nomad's Elegy, Kindred Spirits, Gower Quest, Telos, Port Sarim Invasion, The Arc, Halloween 2016, Children of Mah, and Sliske's Endgame.
- In 2017 he developed audio for Nex: Angel of Death, Back to the Freezer, Spring Fayre, Shattered Worlds, Menaphos, The Jack of Spades, Crocodile Tears, Our Man in the North, and 'Phite Club.
- The first music track he composed for the game was Warriors' Guild.
- In late 2006 and early 2007, Mod Bond built most of the instrument patches for the RuneScape soundbank, many of which are still used in Old School RuneScape today.
- Mod Bond was the second-largest contributor to the Guinness World Record for "Most original pieces of music in a videogame (including expansions)" awarded to Jagex in 2017, of which he had composed and reworked around 432 music tracks.
- ^ Mod Ian, Mod Bond and Mod Dan A. "Audio Team - Music, Sound Effects and the Sound Bank." 15 August 2007. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ Jagex claims three Guinness World Records for RuneScape. Gamasutra. 1 August 2017. (Archived from the original on 11 April 2018.)