|Release date||24 September 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||120 coins|
|Low Alch||80 coins|
|Store price|| 300 coins|
|Exchange price||134 coins (info)|
|Examine||Magical seeds in a mithril case.|
Mithril seeds are items that can be planted, in order to produce flowers of a random colour. When planted, they will appear underneath your feet, and then you will automatically move to an adjacent square. Immediately after this action, players are given the choice of picking up the flowers, or leaving them. It is advised that the player take the flowers, due to their monetary value.
On 18 March 2013, an anti-gambling update changed the way flowers would appear. All flowers planted show as the same colour, but picking them still gives a randomly chosen colour flower. This measure was done to prevent “hot or cold” games that were introduced when Free Trade was brought back to the game on 11 February 2011. Hosts took cash and would return a multiplied amount as promised if the player was right. Although this was a trust trade, players were very likely to lose their money in their bets.
Obtaining Mithril Seeds Edit
Forty mithril seeds can be obtained as a reward from the Waterfall Quest
Players can purchase 500 of them at Legends Guild
|Flower colour||Grand Exchange price||Profit/loss made|
|Flowers (pastel)||394 coins||260|
|Flowers (mixed)||384 coins||250|
|Red flowers||616 coins||482|
|Blue flowers||352 coins||218|
|Yellow flowers||341 coins||207|
|Purple flowers||339 coins||205|
|Orange flowers||348 coins||214|
|White flowers||21,044 coins||20,910|
|Black flowers||3,925 coins||3,791|
- They are not made of mithril, despite their name; the examine info shows that the case is made of mithril, however.
- Despite their name, Mithril seeds cannot be made using mithril bars via the smithing skill nor are the colour that mithril items usually are. However, they are put in a mithril case.
- In RuneScape Classic, when one planted a mithril seed, the product would be a tree, and one would not back up a space after planting. Thus, if one planted a mithril seed in RuneScape Classic, they would be "inside" or occupying the same space as a temporary tree. These seeds were also allowed to be planted in the Wilderness.
- They were used to disrupt other players' Hunter training such as in the laying box trap. As of now, players are unable to plant the seeds in hunting areas.
- These were also commonly used to detect Firemaking bots. When placed directly under a player before they could perform the action, the bot wouldn't be able to respond and would wait until the flower was gone.
- These seeds are in no way related to the Farming skill, as they existed long before its release.
- Mithril seeds once jumped in price since the re-release of Free Trade in 2011 due to players hosting the Flower Game; therefore making them in high demand. However, with the removal of dicing and flower games the price of the item has crashed.
- On June 6, many players plant mithril seeds in Falador to remember the infamous bug abuse, named the Falador Massacre.
- Due to their high price, it was a common way to earn around 100k daily buying 300 mithril seeds from the Legends' Guild then selling them all in the Grand Exchange. However, due to an update, the price of this item has crashed, making this money-making method obsolete.