Mithril equipment is equipment stronger than black equipment but weaker than adamant equipment. All Mithril items are coloured a dark shade of blue; they are often mistaken for rune equipment because of the similarity in colour. Because of this, they are used in scams where a player will swap rune armour for mithril armour. They are also notably popular due to being lighter than equipment made of other conventional metals, while still providing decent defensive bonuses.
Weapons EditMithril weapons provides medium attack bonuses. Players require 30 Attack to wield them. Mithril equipment is less expensive than black weapons, is very popular because of the significantly greater bonuses than black equipment and because black equipment cannot be smithed. As a result of their great availability, however, mithril weapons are often easy to sell on the Grand Exchange.
- Mithril dagger 71 coins
- Off-hand mithril dagger 71 coins
- Mithril hatchet 102 coins
- Mithril mace 104 coins
- Off-hand mithril mace 156 coins
- Mithril claw 89 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril claw 42 coins (members)
- Mithril sword 206 coins
- Off-hand mithril sword 245 coins
- Mithril longsword 382 coins
- Off-hand mithril longsword 402 coins
- Mithril scimitar 281 coins
- Off-hand mithril scimitar 266 coins
- Mithril spear 192 coins (members)
- Mithril warhammer 830 coins
- Off-hand mithril warhammer 849 coins
- Mithril battleaxe 525 coins
- Off-hand mithril battleaxe 607 coins
- Mithril two-handed sword 986 coins
- Mithril halberd 6,950 coins (members)
- Mithril pickaxe 425 coins
- Mithril hasta 279 coins (members)
- Mithril defender Non-tradeable (members)
Note: The mithril defender is an off-hand weapon with some defensive bonuses.
- Mithril crossbow 283 coins (members)
- Mithril 2h crossbow 625 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril crossbow 653 coins (members)
- Mithril bolts 38 coins (members)
- Mithril arrow 20 coins
- Mithril brutal 161 coins (members)
- Mithril dart : 5 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril dart 49 coins (members)
- Mithril javelin 87 coins
- Mithril throwing axe 36 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril throwing axe 28 coins (members)
- Mithril knife 34 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril knife 83 coins (members)
In the March 2012 Behind the Scenes, it was announced that this armour, black-dragon equipment, and various other armours were to be given a graphical overhaul.
- Mithril helm 212 coins
- Mithril sq shield 493 coins
- Mithril full helm 489 coins
- Mithril chainbody 680 coins
- Mithril kiteshield 881 coins
- Mithril platelegs 1,016 coins
- Mithril plateskirt 1,016 coins
- Mithril platebody 2,622 coins
- Mithril boots 495 coins (members)
- Mithril gloves Non-tradeable (members); players can buy a pair from the Culinaromancer's Chest after they completed 5 subquests of Recipe for Disaster for 1,500 coins
- Mithril gauntlets 100 Fist of Guthix tokens
Generally, mithril sets are considered "fine armour with great protection" for players sporting a low Defense level. Since they are inexpensive and rather easy to obtain, mithril armour sets are used in the Wilderness even by higher levelled players. However, this is more uncommon than lower levelled players wearing it. It also weighs less than other conventional armour.
- Mithril (also called "truesilver") is a fictional metal invented by J.R.R. Tolkien for his fantasy writings (Lord of the Rings, etc.). Notable is a mithril chainmail shirt worn by Bilbo and then Frodo, described by the former as "light as a feather, but as hard as dragon scales". This may not be completely accurate in RuneScape, but full mithril is lighter than (for example) steel armour, which weighs 60 kg; because of this, one could conclude that Jagex wished to make a tribute to Tolkien. In Lord of the Rings, Mithril is more like rune, than the dark blue Runescape variant.
- Mithril is similar in appearance to initiate armour, although they are both different colours.