Mithril equipment is equipment stronger than black equipment but weaker than adamant equipment. All Mithril items are coloured a dark shade of blue; they are often mistaken for rune equipment because of the similarity in colour. Because of this, they are used in scams where a player will swap rune armour for mithril armour. They are also notably popular due to being lighter than equipment made of other conventional metals, while still providing decent defensive bonuses.
Weapons EditMithril weapons provides medium attack bonuses. Players require 30 Attack to wield them. Mithril equipment is less expensive than black weapons, is very popular because of the significantly greater bonuses than black equipment and because black equipment cannot be smithed. As a result of their great availability, however, mithril weapons are often easy to sell on the Grand Exchange.
- Mithril dagger 78 coins
- Off-hand mithril dagger 39 coins
- Mithril hatchet 113 coins
- Mithril mace 124 coins
- Off-hand mithril mace 88 coins
- Mithril claw 37 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril claw 19 coins (members)
- Mithril sword 204 coins
- Off-hand mithril sword 157 coins
- Mithril longsword 363 coins
- Off-hand mithril longsword 287 coins
- Mithril scimitar 226 coins
- Off-hand mithril scimitar 223 coins
- Mithril spear 188 coins (members)
- Mithril warhammer 722 coins
- Off-hand mithril warhammer 669 coins
- Mithril battleaxe 520 coins
- Off-hand mithril battleaxe 464 coins
- Mithril two-handed sword 869 coins
- Mithril halberd 7,884 coins (members)
- Mithril pickaxe 406 coins
- Mithril hasta 213 coins (members)
- Mithril defender Non-tradeable (members)
Note: The mithril defender is an off-hand weapon with some defensive bonuses.
- Mithril crossbow 257 coins (members)
- Mithril 2h crossbow 481 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril crossbow 529 coins (members)
- Mithril bolts 46 coins (members)
- Mithril arrow 22 coins
- Mithril brutal 160 coins (members)
- Mithril dart : 4 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril dart 34 coins (members)
- Mithril javelin 76 coins
- Mithril throwing axe 22 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril throwing axe 19 coins (members)
- Mithril knife 23 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril knife 61 coins (members)
In the March 2012 Behind the Scenes, it was announced that this armour, black-dragon equipment, and various other armours were to be given a graphical overhaul.
- Mithril helm 158 coins
- Mithril sq shield 439 coins
- Mithril full helm 401 coins
- Mithril chainbody 645 coins
- Mithril kiteshield 765 coins
- Mithril platelegs 1,021 coins
- Mithril plateskirt 950 coins
- Mithril platebody 2,678 coins
- Mithril boots 2,524 coins (members)
- Mithril gloves Non-tradeable (members); players can buy a pair from the Culinaromancer's Chest after they completed 5 subquests of Recipe for Disaster for 1,500 coins
- Mithril gauntlets 100 Fist of Guthix tokens
Generally, mithril sets are considered "fine armour with great protection" for players sporting a low Defence level. Since they are inexpensive and rather easy to obtain, mithril armour sets are used in the Wilderness even by higher levelled players. However, this is more uncommon than lower levelled players wearing it. It also weighs less than other conventional armour.
- Mithril (also called "truesilver") is a fictional metal invented by J.R.R. Tolkien for his fantasy writings (Lord of the Rings, etc.). Notable is a mithril chainmail shirt worn by Bilbo and then Frodo, described by the former as "light as a feather, but as hard as dragon scales". This may not be completely accurate in RuneScape, but full mithril is lighter than (for example) steel armour, which weighs 60 kg; because of this, one could conclude that Jagex wished to make a tribute to Tolkien. In Lord of the Rings, Mithril is more like rune, than the dark blue RuneScape variant.
- Mithril is similar in appearance to initiate armour, although they are both different colours.