Mithril equipment is equipment stronger than black equipment but weaker than adamant equipment. All Mithril items are coloured a dark shade of blue; they are often mistaken for rune equipment because of the similarity in colour. Because of this, they are used in scams where a player will swap rune armour for mithril armour. They are also notably popular due to being lighter than equipment made of other conventional metals, while still providing decent defensive bonuses.
Weapons EditMithril weapons provides medium attack bonuses. Players require 30 Attack to wield them. Mithril equipment is less expensive than black weapons, is very popular because of the significantly greater bonuses than black equipment and because black equipment cannot be smithed. As a result of their great availability, however, mithril weapons are often easy to sell on the Grand Exchange.
- Mithril dagger 83 coins
- Off-hand mithril dagger 39 coins
- Mithril hatchet 117 coins
- Mithril mace 132 coins
- Off-hand mithril mace 88 coins
- Mithril claw 37 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril claw 18 coins (members)
- Mithril sword 204 coins
- Off-hand mithril sword 154 coins
- Mithril longsword 359 coins
- Off-hand mithril longsword 295 coins
- Mithril scimitar 275 coins
- Off-hand mithril scimitar 233 coins
- Mithril spear 175 coins (members)
- Mithril warhammer 731 coins
- Off-hand mithril warhammer 669 coins
- Mithril battleaxe 571 coins
- Off-hand mithril battleaxe 465 coins
- Mithril two-handed sword 973 coins
- Mithril halberd 7,860 coins (members)
- Mithril pickaxe 480 coins
- Mithril hasta 213 coins (members)
- Mithril defender Non-tradeable (members)
Note: The mithril defender is an off-hand weapon with some defensive bonuses.
- Mithril crossbow 311 coins (members)
- Mithril 2h crossbow 480 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril crossbow 539 coins (members)
- Mithril bolts 41 coins (members)
- Mithril arrow 24 coins
- Mithril brutal 171 coins (members)
- Mithril dart : 4 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril dart 34 coins (members)
- Mithril javelin 72 coins
- Mithril throwing axe 22 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril throwing axe 19 coins (members)
- Mithril knife 21 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril knife 60 coins (members)
In the March 2012 Behind the Scenes, it was announced that this armour, black-dragon equipment, and various other armours were to be given a graphical overhaul.
- Mithril helm 172 coins
- Mithril sq shield 465 coins
- Mithril full helm 417 coins
- Mithril chainbody 701 coins
- Mithril kiteshield 777 coins
- Mithril platelegs 972 coins
- Mithril plateskirt 990 coins
- Mithril platebody 2,758 coins
- Mithril boots 2,658 coins (members)
- Mithril gloves Non-tradeable (members); players can buy a pair from the Culinaromancer's Chest after they completed 5 subquests of Recipe for Disaster for 1,500 coins
- Mithril gauntlets 100 Fist of Guthix tokens
Generally, mithril sets are considered "fine armour with great protection" for players sporting a low Defence level. Since they are inexpensive and rather easy to obtain, mithril armour sets are used in the Wilderness even by higher levelled players. However, this is more uncommon than lower levelled players wearing it. It also weighs less than other conventional armour.
- Mithril (also called "truesilver") is a fictional metal invented by J.R.R. Tolkien for his fantasy writings (Lord of the Rings, etc.). Notable is a mithril chainmail shirt worn by Bilbo and then Frodo, described by the former as "light as a feather, but as hard as dragon scales". This may not be completely accurate in RuneScape, but full mithril is lighter than (for example) steel armour, which weighs 60 kg; because of this, one could conclude that Jagex wished to make a tribute to Tolkien. In Lord of the Rings, Mithril is more like rune, than the dark blue RuneScape variant.
- Mithril is similar in appearance to initiate armour, although they are both different colours.