Mithril equipment is equipment stronger than black equipment but weaker than adamant equipment. All Mithril items are coloured a dark shade of blue; they are often mistaken for rune equipment because of the similarity in colour. Because of this, they are used in scams where a player will swap rune armour for mithril armour. They are also notably popular due to being lighter than equipment made of other conventional metals, while still providing decent defensive bonuses.
Weapons EditMithril weapons provides medium attack bonuses. Players require 30 Attack to wield them. Mithril equipment is less expensive than black weapons, is very popular because of the significantly greater bonuses than black equipment and because black equipment cannot be smithed. As a result of their great availability, however, mithril weapons are often easy to sell on the Grand Exchange.
- Mithril dagger 73 coins
- Off-hand mithril dagger 56 coins
- Mithril hatchet 105 coins
- Mithril mace 121 coins
- Off-hand mithril mace 124 coins
- Mithril claw 56 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril claw 31 coins (members)
- Mithril sword 214 coins
- Off-hand mithril sword 191 coins
- Mithril longsword 397 coins
- Off-hand mithril longsword 361 coins
- Mithril scimitar 289 coins
- Off-hand mithril scimitar 246 coins
- Mithril spear 226 coins (members)
- Mithril warhammer 800 coins
- Off-hand mithril warhammer 760 coins
- Mithril battleaxe 558 coins
- Off-hand mithril battleaxe 538 coins
- Mithril two-handed sword 1,040 coins
- Mithril halberd 8,033 coins (members)
- Mithril pickaxe 511 coins
- Mithril hasta 246 coins (members)
- Mithril defender Non-tradeable (members)
Note: The mithril defender is an off-hand weapon with some defensive bonuses.
- Mithril crossbow 220 coins (members)
- Mithril 2h crossbow 571 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril crossbow 669 coins (members)
- Mithril bolts 54 coins (members)
- Mithril arrow 20 coins
- Mithril brutal 165 coins (members)
- Mithril dart : 3 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril dart 42 coins (members)
- Mithril javelin 81 coins
- Mithril throwing axe 29 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril throwing axe 22 coins (members)
- Mithril knife 34 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril knife 69 coins (members)
In the March 2012 Behind the Scenes, it was announced that this armour, black-dragon equipment, and various other armours were to be given a graphical overhaul.
- Mithril helm 190 coins
- Mithril sq shield 508 coins
- Mithril full helm 418 coins
- Mithril chainbody 700 coins
- Mithril kiteshield 756 coins
- Mithril platelegs 988 coins
- Mithril plateskirt 992 coins
- Mithril platebody 2,673 coins
- Mithril boots 2,156 coins (members)
- Mithril gloves Non-tradeable (members); players can buy a pair from the Culinaromancer's Chest after they completed 5 subquests of Recipe for Disaster for 1,500 coins
- Mithril gauntlets 100 Fist of Guthix tokens
Generally, mithril sets are considered "fine armour with great protection" for players sporting a low Defence level. Since they are inexpensive and rather easy to obtain, mithril armour sets are used in the Wilderness even by higher levelled players. However, this is more uncommon than lower levelled players wearing it. It also weighs less than other conventional armour.
- Mithril (also called "truesilver") is a fictional metal invented by J.R.R. Tolkien for his fantasy writings (Lord of the Rings, etc.). Notable is a mithril chainmail shirt worn by Bilbo and then Frodo, described by the former as "light as a feather, but as hard as dragon scales". This may not be completely accurate in RuneScape, but full mithril is lighter than (for example) steel armour, which weighs 60 kg; because of this, one could conclude that Jagex wished to make a tribute to Tolkien. In Lord of the Rings, Mithril is more like rune, than the dark blue RuneScape variant.
- Mithril is similar in appearance to initiate armour, although they are both different colours.