Mithril equipment is equipment stronger than black equipment but weaker than adamant equipment. All Mithril items are coloured a dark shade of blue; they are often mistaken for rune equipment because of the similarity in colour. Because of this, they are used in scams where a player will swap rune armour for mithril armour. They are also notably popular due to being lighter than equipment made of other conventional metals, while still providing decent defensive bonuses.
Weapons EditMithril weapons provides medium attack bonuses. Players require 30 Attack to wield them. Mithril equipment is less expensive than black weapons, is very popular because of the significantly greater bonuses than black equipment and because black equipment cannot be smithed. As a result of their great availability, however, mithril weapons are often easy to sell on the Grand Exchange.
- Mithril dagger 76 coins
- Off-hand mithril dagger 52 coins
- Mithril hatchet 99 coins
- Mithril mace 129 coins
- Off-hand mithril mace 103 coins
- Mithril claw 49 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril claw 29 coins (members)
- Mithril sword 204 coins
- Off-hand mithril sword 182 coins
- Mithril longsword 349 coins
- Off-hand mithril longsword 322 coins
- Mithril scimitar 326 coins
- Off-hand mithril scimitar 277 coins
- Mithril spear 181 coins (members)
- Mithril warhammer 728 coins
- Off-hand mithril warhammer 738 coins
- Mithril battleaxe 520 coins
- Off-hand mithril battleaxe 514 coins
- Mithril two-handed sword 994 coins
- Mithril halberd 8,492 coins (members)
- Mithril pickaxe 468 coins
- Mithril hasta 233 coins (members)
- Mithril defender Non-tradeable (members)
Note: The mithril defender is an off-hand weapon with some defensive bonuses.
- Mithril crossbow 228 coins (members)
- Mithril 2h crossbow 559 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril crossbow 590 coins (members)
- Mithril bolts 46 coins (members)
- Mithril arrow 21 coins
- Mithril brutal 156 coins (members)
- Mithril dart : 5 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril dart 38 coins (members)
- Mithril javelin 94 coins
- Mithril throwing axe 24 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril throwing axe 21 coins (members)
- Mithril knife 25 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril knife 66 coins (members)
In the March 2012 Behind the Scenes, it was announced that this armour, black-dragon equipment, and various other armours were to be given a graphical overhaul.
- Mithril helm 168 coins
- Mithril sq shield 431 coins
- Mithril full helm 427 coins
- Mithril chainbody 688 coins
- Mithril kiteshield 748 coins
- Mithril platelegs 996 coins
- Mithril plateskirt 978 coins
- Mithril platebody 2,695 coins
- Mithril boots 2,933 coins (members)
- Mithril gloves Non-tradeable (members); players can buy a pair from the Culinaromancer's Chest after they completed 5 subquests of Recipe for Disaster for 1,500 coins
- Mithril gauntlets 100 Fist of Guthix tokens
Generally, mithril sets are considered "fine armour with great protection" for players sporting a low Defence level. Since they are inexpensive and rather easy to obtain, mithril armour sets are used in the Wilderness even by higher levelled players. However, this is more uncommon than lower levelled players wearing it. It also weighs less than other conventional armour.
- Mithril (also called "truesilver") is a fictional metal invented by J.R.R. Tolkien for his fantasy writings (Lord of the Rings, etc.). Notable is a mithril chainmail shirt worn by Bilbo and then Frodo, described by the former as "light as a feather, but as hard as dragon scales". This may not be completely accurate in RuneScape, but full mithril is lighter than (for example) steel armour, which weighs 60 kg; because of this, one could conclude that Jagex wished to make a tribute to Tolkien. In Lord of the Rings, Mithril is more like rune, than the dark blue RuneScape variant.
- Mithril is similar in appearance to initiate armour, although they are both different colours.