Mithril equipment is equipment stronger than black equipment but weaker than adamant equipment. All Mithril items are coloured a dark shade of blue; they are often mistaken for rune equipment because of the similarity in colour. Because of this, they are used in scams where a player will swap rune armour for mithril armour. They are also notably popular due to being lighter than equipment made of other conventional metals, while still providing decent defensive bonuses.
Weapons EditMithril weapons provides medium attack bonuses. Players require 30 Attack to wield them. Mithril equipment is less expensive than black weapons, is very popular because of the significantly greater bonuses than black equipment and because black equipment cannot be smithed. As a result of their great availability, however, mithril weapons are often easy to sell on the Grand Exchange.
- Mithril dagger 76 coins
- Off-hand mithril dagger 42 coins
- Mithril hatchet 108 coins
- Mithril mace 121 coins
- Off-hand mithril mace 91 coins
- Mithril claw 36 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril claw 20 coins (members)
- Mithril sword 203 coins
- Off-hand mithril sword 156 coins
- Mithril longsword 369 coins
- Off-hand mithril longsword 301 coins
- Mithril scimitar 307 coins
- Off-hand mithril scimitar 229 coins
- Mithril spear 187 coins (members)
- Mithril warhammer 718 coins
- Off-hand mithril warhammer 690 coins
- Mithril battleaxe 559 coins
- Off-hand mithril battleaxe 466 coins
- Mithril two-handed sword 925 coins
- Mithril halberd 7,786 coins (members)
- Mithril pickaxe 440 coins
- Mithril hasta 222 coins (members)
- Mithril defender Non-tradeable (members)
Note: The mithril defender is an off-hand weapon with some defensive bonuses.
- Mithril crossbow 209 coins (members)
- Mithril 2h crossbow 500 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril crossbow 524 coins (members)
- Mithril bolts 39 coins (members)
- Mithril arrow 21 coins
- Mithril brutal 152 coins (members)
- Mithril dart : 4 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril dart 35 coins (members)
- Mithril javelin 77 coins
- Mithril throwing axe 23 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril throwing axe 19 coins (members)
- Mithril knife 23 coins (members)
- Off-hand mithril knife 62 coins (members)
In the March 2012 Behind the Scenes, it was announced that this armour, black-dragon equipment, and various other armours were to be given a graphical overhaul.
- Mithril helm 176 coins
- Mithril sq shield 427 coins
- Mithril full helm 412 coins
- Mithril chainbody 594 coins
- Mithril kiteshield 726 coins
- Mithril platelegs 947 coins
- Mithril plateskirt 867 coins
- Mithril platebody 2,374 coins
- Mithril boots 1,922 coins (members)
- Mithril gloves Non-tradeable (members); players can buy a pair from the Culinaromancer's Chest after they completed 5 subquests of Recipe for Disaster for 1,500 coins
- Mithril gauntlets 100 Fist of Guthix tokens
Generally, mithril sets are considered "fine armour with great protection" for players sporting a low Defence level. Since they are inexpensive and rather easy to obtain, mithril armour sets are used in the Wilderness even by higher levelled players. However, this is more uncommon than lower levelled players wearing it. It also weighs less than other conventional armour.
- Mithril (also called "truesilver") is a fictional metal invented by J.R.R. Tolkien for his fantasy writings (Lord of the Rings, etc.). Notable is a mithril chainmail shirt worn by Bilbo and then Frodo, described by the former as "light as a feather, but as hard as dragon scales". This may not be completely accurate in RuneScape, but full mithril is lighter than (for example) steel armour, which weighs 60 kg; because of this, one could conclude that Jagex wished to make a tribute to Tolkien. In Lord of the Rings, Mithril is more like rune, than the dark blue RuneScape variant.
- Mithril is similar in appearance to initiate armour, although they are both different colours.