|Release date||3 July 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1,085.4 (and 358.1 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and 3 Mithril bars|
|Examine text||Experimenting with mithril gone bad!|
|Assigned by||Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
Mithril dragons are found in the Ancient Cavern and the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. To access the Ancient Cavern, the player needs to start the Pyre ship section of Firemaking in Barbarian Training. To access the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player must wear the Daemonheim Aura 4 from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks. These dragons have extremely high defence, but since they are made of metal, are relatively weak to magic, with earth spells being their primary weakness. Mithril dragons are often killed for their possible drops, which includes the Dragon full helm, Draconic visage, Chewed bones and Elite clue scroll. Due to their high stats, using abilities when fighting them is highly recommended.
Mithril dragons are an excellent source of charms, as they drop four of them at a time. They are also a good source of rune weaponry.
Mithril dragons are currently the third strongest dragons, behind the Queen Black Dragon and Celestial dragons. Their release shattered the King Black Dragon's long standing record as being the strongest dragon in RuneScape.
Mithril dragons can be found on the top level of the Ancient Cavern and in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. Please note that dwarf multicannons are not allowed in the Ancient Cavern, and you must pay a small fee to enter the Brimhaven dungeon if you have not completed the Karamja Hard tasks.
- Enter the cavern by jumping into the whirlpool near Otto Godblessed's cabin. Go down the stairs, run east past Brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs to the mithril dragons. Partial completion of Barbarian Training is required to use this entrance.
- Use Fairy ring B•J•Q to teleport inside the cavern. Run east past the Waterfiends and the brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. Partial completion of Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen and initial repairs of ring B•J•Q are required before the ring can be used.
- Use a Ferocious ring to teleport to Kuradal, run north, go down the stairs, run north-east past barbarian spirits and brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. A ferocious ring can only be obtained in Kuradal's Dungeon and only when on a Slayer task assigned by Kuradal.
To use the ancient cavern, one must have completed the first part of barbarian firemaking training, and then talked to Otto about pyre ships. After the conversation is over, the player can now go in the whirlpool. Upon entering, one must climb down stairs and then run south to a set of stairs leading up to the mithril dragons.
The whirlpool entrance is closer to the stairs and only involves running past brutal green dragons. However, its drawback is that players cannot have a familiar summoned when jumping into the whirlpool, which wastes an inventory space for the pouch. It is also very far from a bank. Many players therefore prefer using the fairy ring or a ferocious ring.
To access the ones in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player needs to wear the Daemonheim Aura 4, obtained from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks, the area is located on the other side of the cave, through a magical barrier. This area contains 4 dragons.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 8,947 kills.
4 charms are dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and ArmourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune battleaxe 1 Common 24,216 Rune dart 14 Common 1,288 Rune javelin 8 Common 1,376 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 7,878 Runite bolts 10–27 Uncommon 3,680–9,936 Rune knife 8–18 Uncommon 448–1,008 Rune arrow 8–42 Uncommon 1,208–6,342 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,373 Rune spear 1 Uncommon 11,389 Dragon full helm 1 Very rare 6,132,041
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Blood rune 27 Common 8,640 Soul rune 10 Uncommon 2,440 Law rune 4 Rare 1,288
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Super attack mix (2) 1 Uncommon 221 Super strength mix (2) 1 Uncommon 626 Super defence mix (2) 1 Uncommon 31 Prayer mix (2) 1 Uncommon 991
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 283–8,441 Common Not sold Shark 1–6 Uncommon 1,578–9,468 Ancient page 1 Rare Not sold Mithril dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Chewed bones 1 Rare Not sold Rune bar 1–2 Rare 14,436–28,872 Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare 1,270,789
- ^ Estimated at 1/32,873 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Also dropped in unison with other drops.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list
- ^ Estimated at 1/9,819 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,543 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,792 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,819 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,238 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 17,339 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 38,320 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,219 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,390 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,551 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,216 Rune javelin 5 Rare 860 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,549 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,389 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,901 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 827,550 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,011 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,727 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,266 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,038 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,258,050 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,650–75,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,598,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 104,649 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 12,616 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 69,275–96,985 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 69,450–97,230 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 968 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 368 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 9,500–285,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 5,600–22,400 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,880 Law rune 45 Rare 14,490 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 10,450–25,289 Blood rune 50 Rare 16,000 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 51,625–413,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 478,000–956,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 106,200–354,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 41,250–2,062,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 319,350–1,703,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,800 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,132,400 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,688,000–25,816,000 Rune bar 1, 50 (noted) Rare 14,436–721,800 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 132,550–1,325,500 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 136,950–547,800 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 93,630–936,300 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,130 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 68,298–3,414,900 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 139,158–974,106 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,368,780 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,514 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 20,750–8,300,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- During the fusing of the dragonkin key, the mithril dragon temporarily appears as level 150.
- In a Postbag from the hedge, Oziach pointed out that there are bronze dragons, iron dragons, steel dragons, and mithril dragons when he was chatting with Evil Dave. Oziach deduced that there will be adamant dragons, rune dragons, and even Dragon dragons.
- When killed, it says on the Adventurer's Log: I killed [number] of mithril dragons. If you killed 1, it would be "I killed a mithril dragon."
- Their examine text indicates that metallic dragons, or at least mithril ones, may be the result of unnatural experimentation; of course, this may also refer to how they were created by the Dragonkin. With the release of the quest: One of a kind, this has been confirmed.