|Release||3 July 2007 (Update)|
|Experimenting with mithril gone bad!|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|108 / 72 / 36|
|4 ticks (2.4s)|
Mithril dragons are metal dragons found in the Ancient Cavern and the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. To access the Ancient Cavern, the player needs to start the Pyre ship section of Firemaking in Barbarian Training. To access the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player must wear the Daemonheim Aura 4 from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks. These dragons have extremely high defence, but, since they are made of metal, are relatively weak to magic, with earth spells being their primary weakness. Mithril dragons are often killed for their possible drops, which includes the Dragon full helm, Draconic visage, Chewed bones and Elite clue scroll.
Mithril dragons are an excellent source of charms, as they drop four of them at a time. They are also a good source of rune weaponry.
Mithril dragons are currently the sixth strongest dragons, behind the adamant dragons, celestial dragons, rune dragons, elite rune dragons, and the Queen Black Dragon. Their release shattered the King Black Dragon's long standing record as being the strongest dragon in RuneScape.
Mithril dragons can be found on the top level of the Ancient Cavern and in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. Please note that dwarf multicannons are not allowed in the Ancient Cavern, and you must pay a small fee to enter the Brimhaven dungeon if you have not completed the Karamja Hard tasks.
- Enter the cavern by jumping into the whirlpool near Otto Godblessed's cabin. Go down the stairs, run east past Brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs to the mithril dragons. Partial completion of Barbarian Training is required to use this entrance.
- Use Fairy ring B•J•Q to teleport inside the cavern. Run east past the Waterfiends and the brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. Partial completion of Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen and repairing the fairy ring with 5 bittercap mushrooms are required before the ring can be used.
- Use a Ferocious ring to teleport to Kuradal, run north, go down the stairs, run north-east past barbarian spirits and brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs.
To use the ancient cavern, one must have completed the first part of barbarian firemaking training, and then talked to Otto about pyre ships. After the conversation is over, the player can now go in the whirlpool. Upon entering, one must climb down stairs and then run south to a set of stairs leading up to the mithril dragons.
The whirlpool entrance is closer to the stairs and only involves running past brutal green dragons. However, its drawback is that players cannot have a familiar summoned when jumping into the whirlpool, which wastes an inventory space for the pouch. Many players therefore prefer using the fairy ring or a ferocious ring.
To access the ones in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player needs to wear the Daemonheim Aura 4, obtained from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks, the area is located on the other side of the cave, through a magical barrier. This area contains 4 dragons.
|Represents a 90% confidence range.|
Based on a sample of 11,187 kills.
4 charms are dropped at a time.
Add data to the log
|Rune full helm||1||Uncommon||19,329|
|Dragon full helm||1||Very rare||6,454,923|
|Super attack mix (2)||1||Uncommon||353|
|Super strength mix (2)||1||Uncommon||969|
|Super defence mix (2)||1||Uncommon||83|
|Prayer mix (2)||1||Uncommon||1,040|
|Mithril bar||5 (noted)||Uncommon||6,610|
|Ancient page||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Chewed bones||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Rare drop table||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Mithril dragon tail-bone||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Draconic visage||1||Very rare||1,244,832|
- ^ Estimated at 1/32,873 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ This is separate from the tertiary drop; it is possible to obtain 1 shark and nothing else.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list
- ^ Estimated at 1/9,819 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
A ring of wealth or collector's insignia are not required to access the table.
|Show/hide rare drop table|
|Uncut diamond||45–55 (noted)||Rare||231,570–283,030|
|Loop half of a key||1||Common||17,579|
|Tooth half of a key||1||Common||28,962|
|Uncut dragonstone||45–55 (noted)||Rare||629,550–769,450|
|Rune platebody||15–25 (noted)||Rare||557,940–929,900|
|Shield left half||1||Rare||63,833|
|Onyx bolts||135–165||Very rare||1,066,905–1,303,995|
|Water talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||507,520–640,256|
|Earth talisman||65–82 (noted)||Rare||150,410–189,748|
|Fire talisman||25–35 (noted)||Rare||56,725–79,415|
|Raw lobster||135–165 (noted)||Common||14,040–17,160|
|Raw shark||225–275 (noted)||Uncommon||253,575–309,925|
|Big bones||76–90 (noted)||Uncommon||25,156–29,790|
|Dragon bones||180–220 (noted)||Rare||337,680–412,720|
|Gold ore||90–110 (noted)||Common||12,780–15,620|
|Adamantite ore||180–220 (noted)||Uncommon||193,680–236,720|
|Adamant bar||14–16 (noted)||Common||40,768–46,592|
|Adamant bar||135–165 (noted)||Rare||393,120–480,480|
|Runite ore||90–110 (noted)||Rare||1,005,660–1,229,140|
|Rune bar||3 (noted)||Common||42,273|
|Rune bar||45–55 (noted)||Rare||634,095–775,005|
|Grimy torstol||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||497,790–608,410|
|Grimy snapdragon||90–110 (noted)||Uncommon||349,020–426,580|
|Super restore (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||253,305–309,595|
|Prayer potion (4)||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||151,245–184,855|
|Dwarf weed seed||14–16||Uncommon||13,818–15,792|
|Palm tree seed||10||Rare||1,287,820|
|Molten glass||45–55 (noted)||Common||13,635–16,665|
|Soft clay||450–550 (noted)||Uncommon||184,050–224,950|
|Yew logs||675–825 (noted)||Rare||124,200–151,800|
|Teak plank||45–55 (noted)||Uncommon||45,855–56,045|
|Mahogany plank||270–330 (noted)||Rare||650,430–794,970|
|Brawling gloves (Melee)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Magic)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Ranged)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Agility)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Cooking)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (FM)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Fishing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Hunter)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Mining)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Prayer)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Smithing)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (Thieving)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Brawling gloves (WC)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
|Key token||1||Rare||Not sold|
- During the fusing of the dragonkin key, the mithril dragon temporarily appears as level 150.
- In a Postbag from the hedge, Oziach pointed out that there are bronze dragons, iron dragons, steel dragons, and mithril dragons when he was chatting with Evil Dave. Oziach deduced that there will be adamant dragons, rune dragons, and even Dragon dragons.
- When killed, it says on the Adventurer's Log: I killed [number] of mithril dragons. If you killed 1, it would be "I killed a mithril dragon."
- Their examine text indicates that metallic dragons, or at least mithril ones, may be the result of unnatural experimentation; of course, this may also refer to how they were created by the Dragonkin. With the release of the quest One of a Kind, this has been confirmed.
- Mithril dragons are the only metallic dragons that do not drop the dragon platelegs and plateskirt.