- This article has a related strategy guide here.
|Release date||3 July 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1,085.4 (and 358.1 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and 3 Mithril bars|
|Examine text||Experimenting with mithril gone bad!|
|Assigned by||Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
Mithril dragons are found in the Ancient Cavern and the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. To access the Ancient Cavern, the player needs to start the Pyre ship section of Firemaking in Barbarian Training. To access the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player must wear the Daemonheim Aura 4 from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks. These dragons have extremely high defence, but since they are made of metal, are relatively weak to magic, with earth spells being their primary weakness. Mithril dragons are often killed for their possible drops, which includes the Dragon full helm, Draconic visage, Chewed bones and Elite clue scroll. Due to their high stats, using abilities when fighting them is highly recommended.
Mithril dragons are an excellent source of charms, as they drop four of them at a time. They are also a good source of rune weaponry.
Mithril dragons are currently the third strongest dragons, behind the Queen Black Dragon and Celestial dragons. Their release shattered the King Black Dragon's long standing record as being the strongest dragon in RuneScape.
Mithril dragons can be found on the top level of the Ancient Cavern and in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. Please note that dwarf multicannons are not allowed in the Ancient Cavern, and you must pay a small fee if you have not completed the Karamja Hard tasks.
- Enter the cavern by jumping into the whirlpool near Otto Godblessed's cabin. Go down the stairs, run east past Brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs to the mithril dragons. Partial completion of Barbarian Training is required to use this entrance.
- Use Fairy ring B•J•Q to teleport inside the cavern. Run east past the Waterfiends and the brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. Partial completion of Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen and initial repairs of ring B•J•Q are required before the ring can be used.
- Use a Ferocious ring to teleport to Kuradal, run north, go down the stairs, run north-east past barbarian spirits and brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. A ferocious ring can only be obtained in Kuradal's Dungeon and only when on a Slayer task assigned by Kuradal.
To use the ancient cavern, one must have completed the first part of barbarian firemaking training, and then talked to Otto about pyre ships. After the conversation is over, the player can now go in the whirlpool. Upon entering, one must climb down stairs and then run south to a set of stairs leading up to the mithril dragons.
The whirlpool entrance is closer to the stairs and only involves running past brutal green dragons. However, its drawback is that players cannot have a familiar summoned when jumping into the whirlpool, which wastes an inventory space for the pouch. It is also very far from a bank. Many players therefore prefer using the fairy ring or a ferocious ring.
To access the ones in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player needs to wear the Daemonheim Aura 4, obtained from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks, the area is located on the other side of the cave, through a mystery barrier. This area contains 4 dragons.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 8,821 kills.
4 charms are dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and ArmourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune battleaxe 1 Common 24,054 Rune dart 14 Common 1,078 Rune javelin 8 Common 1,408 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 7,908 Runite bolts 10–27 Uncommon 4,740–12,798 Rune knife 8–18 Uncommon 864–1,944 Rune arrow 8–42 Uncommon 1,184–6,216 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,395 Rune spear 1 Uncommon 11,312 Dragon full helm 1 Very rare 6,084,114
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Blood rune 27 Common 5,616 Soul rune 10 Uncommon 1,410 Law rune 4 Rare 1,172
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Super attack mix (2) 1 Uncommon 205 Super strength mix (2) 1 Uncommon 564 Super defence mix (2) 1 Uncommon 31 Prayer mix (2) 1 Uncommon 1,067
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 283–8,441 Common Not sold Shark 1–6 Uncommon 1,438–8,628 Ancient page 1 Rare Not sold Mithril dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Chewed bones 1 Rare Not sold Rune bar 1–2 Rare 13,124–26,248 Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare 1,245,239
- ^ Estimated at 1/32,873 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Also dropped in unison with other drops.
- ^ a b Ancient cavern only?
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list
- ^ Estimated at 1/9,819 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,421 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,161 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,358 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,875 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,784 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 41,520 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,612 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,352 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,556 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,054 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,160 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,543 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,312 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,482 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 827,800 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,141 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,689 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,192 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 60,015 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,257,300 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,200–74,000 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,604,800 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 3,072,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,225,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 139,818 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 11,536 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 35,050–49,070 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 41,850–58,590 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 665 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 447 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 6,500–195,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,860–27,440 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,820 Law rune 45 Rare 13,185 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,750–13,915 Blood rune 50 Rare 10,400 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 39,875–319,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 404,000–808,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 89,100–297,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,800–1,440,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 369,300–1,969,600 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,300 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,055,500 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,470,000–24,290,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,124–1,968,600 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 105,303 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 108,925–1,089,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 128,490–513,960 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 62,840–628,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 101,000 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,922 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 71,783–3,589,150 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 155,959–1,091,713 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,016,350 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,406 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 15,974–495,194 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,874 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 26,350–10,540,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- During the fusing of the dragonkin key, the mithril dragon temporarily appears as level 150.
- In a Postbag from the hedge, Oziach pointed out that there are bronze dragons, iron dragons, steel dragons, and mithril dragons when he was chatting with Evil Dave. Oziach deduced that there will be adamant dragons, rune dragons, and even Dragon dragons.
- When killed, it says on the Adventurer's Log: I killed [number] of mithril dragons. If you killed 1, it would be "I killed a mithril dragon."
- Their examine text indicates that metallic dragons, or at least mithril ones, may be the result of unnatural experimentation; of course, this may also refer to how they were created by the Dragonkin.
Brutal green dragon • Waterfiend • Mithril dragon • Skeleton warlord • Skeleton hero • Skeleton brute • Skeleton thug • Skeleton heavy • Angry barbarian spirit • Berserk barbarian spirit • Enraged barbarian spirit • Lost barbarian • Confused barbarian
Dragons and dragon-like races