|Release date||3 July 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1,085.4 (and 358.1 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and 3 Mithril bars|
|Examine text||Experimenting with mithril gone bad!|
|Assigned by||Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran|
Mithril dragons are found in the Ancient Cavern and the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. To access the Ancient Cavern, the player needs to start the Pyre ship section of Firemaking in Barbarian Training. To access the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player must wear the Daemonheim Aura 4 from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks. These dragons have extremely high defence, but since they are made of metal, are relatively weak to magic, with earth spells being their primary weakness. Mithril dragons are often killed for their possible drops, which includes the Dragon full helm, Draconic visage, Chewed bones and Elite clue scroll. Due to their high stats, using abilities when fighting them is highly recommended.
Mithril dragons are an excellent source of charms, as they drop four of them at a time. They are also a good source of rune weaponry.
Mithril dragons are currently the third strongest dragons, behind the Queen Black Dragon and Celestial dragons. Their release shattered the King Black Dragon's long standing record as being the strongest dragon in RuneScape.
Mithril dragons can be found on the top level of the Ancient Cavern and in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. Please note that dwarf multicannons are not allowed in the Ancient Cavern, and you must pay a small fee to enter the Brimhaven dungeon if you have not completed the Karamja Hard tasks.
- Enter the cavern by jumping into the whirlpool near Otto Godblessed's cabin. Go down the stairs, run east past Brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs to the mithril dragons. Partial completion of Barbarian Training is required to use this entrance.
- Use Fairy ring B•J•Q to teleport inside the cavern. Run east past the Waterfiends and the brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. Partial completion of Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen and initial repairs of ring B•J•Q are required before the ring can be used.
- Use a Ferocious ring to teleport to Kuradal, run north, go down the stairs, run north-east past barbarian spirits and brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. A ferocious ring can only be obtained in Kuradal's Dungeon and only when on a Slayer task assigned by Kuradal.
To use the ancient cavern, one must have completed the first part of barbarian firemaking training, and then talked to Otto about pyre ships. After the conversation is over, the player can now go in the whirlpool. Upon entering, one must climb down stairs and then run south to a set of stairs leading up to the mithril dragons.
The whirlpool entrance is closer to the stairs and only involves running past brutal green dragons. However, its drawback is that players cannot have a familiar summoned when jumping into the whirlpool, which wastes an inventory space for the pouch. Many players therefore prefer using the fairy ring or a ferocious ring.
To access the ones in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player needs to wear the Daemonheim Aura 4, obtained from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks, the area is located on the other side of the cave, through a magical barrier. This area contains 4 dragons.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 9,052 kills.
4 charms are dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and ArmourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune battleaxe 1 Common 24,170 Rune dart 14 Common 1,400 Rune javelin 8 Common 1,464 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 7,806 Runite bolts 10–27 Uncommon 4,310–11,637 Rune knife 8–18 Uncommon 616–1,386 Rune arrow 8–42 Uncommon 1,208–6,342 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,276 Rune spear 1 Uncommon 11,499 Dragon full helm 1 Very rare 6,779,648
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Soul rune 10 Uncommon 2,100
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super attack mix (2) 1 Uncommon 241 Super strength mix (2) 1 Uncommon 654 Super defence mix (2) 1 Uncommon 30 Prayer mix (2) 1 Uncommon 1,031
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600 Common Not sold Shark 1–6 Uncommon 1,015–6,090 Ancient page 1 Rare Not sold Mithril dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Chewed bones 1 Rare Not sold Mithril bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 8,240 Rune bar 1–2 Rare 14,165–28,330 Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare 1,373,642
- ^ Estimated at 1/32,873 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Also dropped in unison with other drops.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list
- ^ Estimated at 1/9,819 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,282 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,561 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,027 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,572 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,719 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 34,489 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,477 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,933 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,686 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,170 Rune javelin 5 Rare 915 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,220 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,468 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,499 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,368 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,554,000 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,166 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,864 Shield left half 1 Very rare 63,182 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 58,770 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 13,000 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,273,200 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 96,512 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 10,516 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 63,700–89,180 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 64,525–90,335 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 730 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 463 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 17,000–25,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 18,420–24,560 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,200 Law rune 45 Rare 19,080 Death rune 50 Rare 15,050 Blood rune 50 Rare 24,500 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 59,625–119,250 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 281,000 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 87,300–104,760 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 134,750–171,500 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 195,900–326,500 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,400 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,108,200 Rune bar 1 Common 14,165 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 708,250 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 119,700–153,900 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 107,460–125,370 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 91,616–194,684 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,533 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 21,263 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,547 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 522,369–1,218,861 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,349,520 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 159,750–195,250 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- During the fusing of the dragonkin key, the mithril dragon temporarily appears as level 150.
- In a Postbag from the hedge, Oziach pointed out that there are bronze dragons, iron dragons, steel dragons, and mithril dragons when he was chatting with Evil Dave. Oziach deduced that there will be adamant dragons, rune dragons, and even Dragon dragons.
- When killed, it says on the Adventurer's Log: I killed [number] of mithril dragons. If you killed 1, it would be "I killed a mithril dragon."
- Their examine text indicates that metallic dragons, or at least mithril ones, may be the result of unnatural experimentation; of course, this may also refer to how they were created by the Dragonkin. With the release of the quest: One of a kind, this has been confirmed.