- This article has a related strategy guide here.
|Release date||3 July 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1,085.4 (and 358.1 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and 3 Mithril bars|
|Examine text||Experimenting with mithril gone bad!|
|Assigned by||Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
Mithril dragons are found in the Ancient Cavern and the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. To access the Ancient Cavern, the player needs to start the Pyre ship section of Firemaking in Barbarian Training. To access the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player must wear the Daemonheim Aura 4 from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks. These dragons have extremely high defence, but since they are made of metal, are relatively weak to magic, with earth spells being their primary weakness. Mithril dragons are often killed for their possible drops, which includes the Dragon full helm, Draconic visage, Chewed bones and Elite clue scroll. Due to their high stats, using abilities when fighting them is highly recommended.
Mithril dragons are an excellent source of charms, as they drop four of them at a time. They are also a good source of rune weaponry.
Mithril dragons are currently the third strongest dragons, behind the Queen Black Dragon and Celestial dragons. Their release shattered the King Black Dragon's long standing record as being the strongest dragon in RuneScape.
Mithril dragons can be found on the top level of the Ancient Cavern and in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. Please note that dwarf multicannons are not allowed in the Ancient Cavern, and you must pay a small fee if you have not completed the Karamja Hard tasks.
- Enter the cavern by jumping into the whirlpool near Otto Godblessed's cabin. Go down the stairs, run east past Brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs to the mithril dragons. Partial completion of Barbarian Training is required to use this entrance.
- Use Fairy ring B•J•Q to teleport inside the cavern. Run east past the Waterfiends and the brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. Partial completion of Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen and initial repairs of ring B•J•Q are required before the ring can be used.
- Use a Ferocious ring to teleport to Kuradal, run north, go down the stairs, run north-east past barbarian spirits and brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. A ferocious ring can only be obtained in Kuradal's Dungeon and only when on a Slayer task assigned by Kuradal.
To use the ancient cavern, one must have completed the first part of barbarian firemaking training, and then talked to Otto about pyre ships. After the conversation is over, the player can now go in the whirlpool. Upon entering, one must climb down stairs and then run south to a set of stairs leading up to the mithril dragons.
The whirlpool entrance is closer to the stairs and only involves running past brutal green dragons. However, its drawback is that players cannot have a familiar summoned when jumping into the whirlpool, which wastes an inventory space for the pouch. It is also very far from a bank. Many players therefore prefer using the fairy ring or a ferocious ring.
To access the ones in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player needs to wear the Daemonheim Aura 4, obtained from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks, the area is located on the other side of the cave, through a magical barrier. This area contains 4 dragons.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Dragon bones 1 Always 4,034 Mithril bar 3 Always 5,940
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 8,947 kills.
4 charms are dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and ArmourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune battleaxe 1 Common 23,910 Rune dart 14 Common 1,204 Rune javelin 8 Common 1,408 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 7,858 Runite bolts 10–27 Uncommon 5,370–14,499 Rune knife 8–18 Uncommon 696–1,566 Rune arrow 8–42 Uncommon 1,208–6,342 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,349 Rune spear 1 Uncommon 11,285 Dragon full helm 1 Very rare 6,445,931
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Blood rune 27 Common 8,694 Soul rune 10 Uncommon 1,640 Law rune 4 Rare 1,088
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Super attack mix (2) 1 Uncommon 216 Super strength mix (2) 1 Uncommon 621 Super defence mix (2) 1 Uncommon 31 Prayer mix (2) 1 Uncommon 1,033
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 283–8,441 Common Not sold Shark 1–6 Uncommon 1,647–9,882 Ancient page 1 Rare Not sold Mithril dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Chewed bones 1 Rare Not sold Rune bar 1–2 Rare 14,480–28,960 Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare 1,260,845
- ^ Estimated at 1/32,873 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Also dropped in unison with other drops.
- ^ Ancient cavern only?
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list
- ^ Estimated at 1/9,819 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,368 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,997 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,806 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,277 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,487 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 44,314 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,516 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,710 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,445 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 23,910 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,060 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,386 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,285 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 35,975 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 822,250 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,436 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,191 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,290 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,080 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 22,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,265,850 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,650–75,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,622,200 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,630,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,084,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 101,881 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 13,794 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 80,150–112,210 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 82,800–115,920 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 960 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 303 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 9,000–270,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,000–24,000 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,280 Law rune 45 Rare 12,240 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 8,450–20,449 Blood rune 50 Rare 16,100 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 46,000–368,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 406,000–812,000 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 90,600–302,000 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 33,300–1,665,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 323,100–1,723,200 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,200 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,155,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,165,000–22,155,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 14,480–2,172,000 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 122,760 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 119,375–1,193,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 147,810–591,240 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 76,080–760,800 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 178,250 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,913 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 68,615–3,430,750 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 153,198–1,072,386 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,001,410 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,391 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 23,156–717,836 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 2,242 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 24,250–9,700,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- During the fusing of the dragonkin key, the mithril dragon temporarily appears as level 150.
- In a Postbag from the hedge, Oziach pointed out that there are bronze dragons, iron dragons, steel dragons, and mithril dragons when he was chatting with Evil Dave. Oziach deduced that there will be adamant dragons, rune dragons, and even Dragon dragons.
- When killed, it says on the Adventurer's Log: I killed [number] of mithril dragons. If you killed 1, it would be "I killed a mithril dragon."
- Their examine text indicates that metallic dragons, or at least mithril ones, may be the result of unnatural experimentation; of course, this may also refer to how they were created by the Dragonkin.
Monsters Brutal green dragon • Waterfiend • Mithril dragon • Skeleton warlord • Skeleton hero • Skeleton brute • Skeleton thug • Skeleton heavy • Angry barbarian spirit • Berserk barbarian spirit • Enraged barbarian spirit • Lost barbarian • Confused barbarian Items Chewed bones • Mangled bones • My notes • Ancient page Other Dragon head • Mithril doorDragons and dragon-like races Chromatic dragons Green dragon (brutal) (Daemonheim) (baby) • Blue dragon (baby) • Red dragon (baby) (Daemonheim) • Black dragon (baby) (Daemonheim) • White dragon ( Celestial dragon) Metal dragons Bronze dragon • Iron dragon (Daemonheim) • Steel dragon • Mithril dragon Other Frost dragon (Daemonheim) • Skeletal Wyvern • Revenant dragon • Fairy Dragon Notable dragons King Black Dragon•Queen Black Dragon • Elvarg • Mr. Mordaut• Therragorn • K'klik • Tutorial dragon • Three-headed dragon Dragonkin Dragonkin (NPC) • Sakirth • Sithaph • Strisath • Kerapac • Taraket
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 8,947 kills.