|Release date||3 July 2007 (Update)|
|XP per kill||1,085.4 (and 358.1 experience)|
|Always drops||Dragon bones and 3 Mithril bars|
|Examine text||Experimenting with mithril gone bad!|
|Assigned by||Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran|
Mithril dragons are found in the Ancient Cavern and the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. To access the Ancient Cavern, the player needs to start the Pyre ship section of Firemaking in Barbarian Training. To access the extended area of the Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player must wear the Daemonheim Aura 4 from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks. These dragons have extremely high defence, but since they are made of metal, are relatively weak to magic, with earth spells being their primary weakness. Mithril dragons are often killed for their possible drops, which includes the Dragon full helm, Draconic visage, Chewed bones and Elite clue scroll. Due to their high stats, using abilities when fighting them is highly recommended.
Mithril dragons are an excellent source of charms, as they drop four of them at a time. They are also a good source of rune weaponry.
Mithril dragons are currently the third strongest dragons, behind the Queen Black Dragon and Celestial dragons. Their release shattered the King Black Dragon's long standing record as being the strongest dragon in RuneScape.
Mithril dragons can be found on the top level of the Ancient Cavern and in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon. Please note that dwarf multicannons are not allowed in the Ancient Cavern, and you must pay a small fee to enter the Brimhaven dungeon if you have not completed the Karamja Hard tasks.
- Enter the cavern by jumping into the whirlpool near Otto Godblessed's cabin. Go down the stairs, run east past Brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs to the mithril dragons. Partial completion of Barbarian Training is required to use this entrance.
- Use Fairy ring B•J•Q to teleport inside the cavern. Run east past the Waterfiends and the brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. Partial completion of Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen and initial repairs of ring B•J•Q are required before the ring can be used.
- Use a Ferocious ring to teleport to Kuradal, run north, go down the stairs, run north-east past barbarian spirits and brutal green dragons, and climb the stairs. A ferocious ring can only be obtained in Kuradal's Dungeon and only when on a Slayer task assigned by Kuradal.
To use the ancient cavern, one must have completed the first part of barbarian firemaking training, and then talked to Otto about pyre ships. After the conversation is over, the player can now go in the whirlpool. Upon entering, one must climb down stairs and then run south to a set of stairs leading up to the mithril dragons.
The whirlpool entrance is closer to the stairs and only involves running past brutal green dragons. However, its drawback is that players cannot have a familiar summoned when jumping into the whirlpool, which wastes an inventory space for the pouch. Many players therefore prefer using the fairy ring or a ferocious ring.
To access the ones in Brimhaven Dungeon resource dungeon, the player needs to wear the Daemonheim Aura 4, obtained from the elite set of the Daemonheim tasks, the area is located on the other side of the cave, through a magical barrier. This area contains 4 dragons.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 9,102 kills.
4 charms are dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and ArmourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune battleaxe 1 Common 24,133 Rune dart 14 Common 1,358 Rune javelin 8 Common 1,400 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 7,793 Runite bolts 10–27 Uncommon 4,920–13,284 Rune knife 8–18 Uncommon 488–1,098 Rune arrow 8–42 Uncommon 1,192–6,258 Rune full helm 1 Uncommon 20,110 Rune spear 1 Uncommon 11,181 Dragon full helm 1 Very rare 7,488,350
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Soul rune 10 Uncommon 1,910
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Super attack mix (2) 1 Uncommon 238 Super strength mix (2) 1 Uncommon 691 Super defence mix (2) 1 Uncommon 30 Prayer mix (2) 1 Uncommon 1,025
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 600 Common Not sold Shark 1–6 Uncommon 1,025–6,150 Ancient page 1 Rare Not sold Mithril dragon tail-bone 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Chewed bones 1 Rare Not sold Mithril bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 8,135 Rune bar 1–2 Rare 14,265–28,530 Starved ancient effigy 1 Very rare Not sold Draconic visage 1 Very rare 1,385,824
- ^ Estimated at 1/32,873 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
- ^ Also dropped in unison with other drops.
- ^ Only during the Fur 'n' Seek wish list
- ^ Estimated at 1/9,819 using gathered Adventurer's Log data as of 18 September 2012.
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350,3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,095 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,021 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,007 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 4,953 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 27,977 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 31,433 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,828 Dragonstone 1 Rare 9,436 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,362 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,133 Rune javelin 5 Rare 875 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,160 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,205 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,181 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,337 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,567,800 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 21,900 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,569 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,027 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,051 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,264,050 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,350 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 95,344 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 11,055 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 67,750–94,850 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 65,775–92,085 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 551 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 344 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 20,700–27,600 Soul rune 20 Rare 3,820 Law rune 45 Rare 18,000 Death rune 50 Rare 16,950 Blood rune 50 Rare 23,950 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 53,625–107,250 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 295,500 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 75,600–90,720 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 144,100–183,400 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 195,300–325,500 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 8,500 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,089,200 Rune bar 1 Common 14,265 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 713,250 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 115,745–148,815 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 115,560–134,820 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 93,120–197,880 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 1,330 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 16,898 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,416 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 472,410–1,102,290 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,570,340 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 160,200–195,800 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- During the fusing of the dragonkin key, the mithril dragon temporarily appears as level 150.
- In a Postbag from the hedge, Oziach pointed out that there are bronze dragons, iron dragons, steel dragons, and mithril dragons when he was chatting with Evil Dave. Oziach deduced that there will be adamant dragons, rune dragons, and even Dragon dragons.
- When killed, it says on the Adventurer's Log: I killed [number] of mithril dragons. If you killed 1, it would be "I killed a mithril dragon."
- Their examine text indicates that metallic dragons, or at least mithril ones, may be the result of unnatural experimentation; of course, this may also refer to how they were created by the Dragonkin. With the release of the quest: One of a kind, this has been confirmed.