|Release date||29 November 2004 (Update)|
|Kingdom(s)||Miscellania (and Etceteria to some extent)|
|No. of banks||1|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of obelisks||0|
|Teleportation||Sailor at Rellekka|
Fairy ring CIP
Miscellania teleport scroll
Ring of wealth
Miscellania is a small island off the northernmost part of the Fremennik Isles. Once a player has completed the Throne of Miscellania quest, all inhabitants will view that player as Prince or Princess Regent of the island of Miscellania, and will work for the player if his or her popularity is high.
While talking to local inhabitants, players will be always referred to by their Fremennik name.
- There is a boat run by the Sailor on the second westernmost dock in Rellekka which can be used to travel to Miscellania but requires completion of The Fremennik Trials to use.
- The ring of wealth can be used to teleport next to Advisor Ghrim, which is useful for those who do Miscellania Management, but requires completion of Throne of Miscellania.
- A Miscellania teleport scroll can be used to teleport to the square of Miscellania. They can be bought from the Grand Exchange or obtained from clue scrolls. These scrolls can only be used upon completion of The Fremennik Trials.
- Fairy ring code CIP will teleport players west of the mine on Miscellania. The code only works on completion of The Fremennik Trials, otherwise the rings treat the code as unrecognised and teleport you just a few spaces from the main ring.
- A spirit tree can be grown with level 83 Farming in nearby Etceteria.
- The Fremennik Province lodestone (Alt+F while interface is open) is just east of Rellekka. A side entrance to Rellekka is available north-west of the lodestone, along the south fence of the mine.
- Those with level 30 Construction can move their house to Rellekka for 10,000 coins. Use house teleport and walk a short distance north to the boat to Miscellania.
- The enchanted lyre teleports just south of the entrance to Rellekka, a short distance from the boat to Miscellania.
Managing Miscellania is a repeatable reward from the Throne of Miscellania quest in which the player is the regent of the nation Miscellania. The player is in charge of the subjects on the island by assigning them to collect resources. If a high approval with the citizens is maintained, and a considerable number of coins invested, the subjects will share a portion of their collected resources with the player. Because many of these resources are valuable, this quest reward is considered to be highly profitable. Approval drops 1% every day the kingdom is left unattended but will not drop below 25%, though committing crimes such as theft or crime will decrease approval faster and is the only way to decrease it below 25%. Murder decreases approval by 5%.
In the courtyard of the Miscellanian castle are market areas which include fish and vegetable stalls where you may practice Thieving. At level 2 Thieving, you may steal cabbages, garlic, onions, potatoes, or tomatoes from the vegetable stalls. With level 42 Thieving you can pilfer raw salmon, tuna or lobster.
If you are caught stealing, you cannot buy anything from the stalls for about 48 hours instead of the usual 15–30 minutes.
The Greengrocer of Miscellania sells vegetables for a small price. It can be stolen from with level 2 Thieving.
The Island Fishmonger sells fish for a price. It can be stolen from with level 42 Thieving.
A flower girl in the Miscellanian market sells coloured flowers for 15 coins each. She sells the red/blue/yellow flower combination; no other colours are available. Flowers are used during the Throne of Miscellania quest.
There is a flax patch, but this is only used in Kingdom management; players cannot grow crops here.
- Advisor Ghrim
- King Vargas
- Prince Brand
- Princess Astrid
- Fisherman Frodi
- Miner Magnus
- Gardener Gunnhild
- Lumberjack Leif
- Flower Girl
- Halla (Miscellania and Etceteria dungeon)
- Etcetera - when arriving.
- Miscellania - Miscellania
- Meddling Kids - unlocked during Royal Trouble
- Slither and Thither - sea snake cave below Miscellania
- Land Down Under - when you enter the Miscellania dungeon during Royal Trouble
- Corridors of Power - after repairing the scaffold and entering the tunnel in Miscellania Dungeon during Royal Trouble
- The name Miscellania is based on the words "miscellaneous".
- Many of the people who live on Miscellania and Etceteria have names of Norse origin, such as Einar, Ragnvald and Ingrid.
- On 4 August 2010 some users started to receive huge amounts of supplies from Miscellania. People received around one thousand of each herb, one thousand nests and 102,000 maples with a value of 70M. After the glitch was discovered, Jagex stopped users from accessing their kingdom before it was fixed.
- Even though you can't collect the items you raise your popularity with, you can obtain strange rocks.
- The maple trees here have the old sound effect when cut down.
- Along with many other places, Miscellania received a graphical update on 20 March 2012, that included newer tree and ground textures.
|Part 3 of the Fremennik quest series|
|Part 4 of the Fremennik quest series|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|