|Release date||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||59,400 coins|
|Low Alch||39,600 coins|
|Store price|| 99,000 coins|
(Dwarf (Mining Guild))
|Examine||The cape worn by the most skilled miners.|
The Mining cape is considered one of the most difficult skillcapes to achieve and is the 4th rarest Skillcape after the Farming Cape. However, with the introduction of Mineral deposits, Level 99 has been made significantly easier to obtain.
A player wearing a trimmed Mining cape
A player wearing an untrimmed Mining cape
|[view] • [talk]|
- Currently, 39,721 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- When first released it was possible for a player to buy a Mining cape even if they did not have 99 Mining. Although it is said that the players with the Mining capes below 99 have them removed, this is not true as a couple of accounts still have them. However, you cannot equip them, and trying to will give you the message "You need level 99 Mining to equip this item."
- The number of players who have achieved 99 mining has increased significiantly since the release of Concentrated gold rocks and Concentrated coal rocks in the Living Rock Caverns as this has allowed for Mining to be done without paying much attention to the game, as opposed to before Concentrated gold and coal rocks where Granite had to be mined (this required constant attention).
- On 25 May 2010 the Mining Cape emote was changed; the animation is smoother and the pickaxe used has been changed from steel to rune.
- The golden shadow of the pickaxe resembles the inferno adze at the top of the down swing.
Agility(Hood) • Attack(Hood) • Constitution(Hood) • Construct.(Hood) • Cooking(Hood) • Crafting(Hood) • Defence(Hood) • Divination(Hood) • Dungeoneering(Hood) • Farming(Hood) • Firemaking(Hood) • Fishing(Hood) • Fletching(Hood) • Herblore(Hood) • Hunter(Hood) • Magic(Hood) • Mining(Hood) • Prayer(Hood) • Ranging(Hood) • Runecraft(Hood) • Slayer(Hood) • Smithing(Hood) • Strength(Hood) • Summoning(Hood) • Thieving(Hood) • Woodcutting(Hood) • Quest point(Hood)
Agility • Attack • Constitution • Construction • Cooking • Crafting • Defence • Divination • Dungeoneering • Farming • Firemaking • Fishing • Fletching • Herblore • Hunter • Magic • Mining • Prayer • Ranging • Runecrafting • Slayer • Smithing • Strength • Summoning • Thieving • Woodcutting