|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|Examine||The cape worn by the most skilled miners.|
The Mining cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Mining skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Mining hood from a dwarf at the Mining Guild entrance by players who have achieved level 99 Mining. Mining capes are brown-greyish in colour, have the mining skill icon, and have a light blue trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill.
Talking to Dwarf gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a dragon keepsake key.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The Mining cape's perk provides a +2 invisible Mining level bonus. All Capes of Accomplishment can be added to a max cape, completionist cape, or trimmed completionist cape, after which players may choose to enable up to three perks.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Dwarf (Mining Guild)||99,000||Coins||∞||No|
- Currently, 111,121 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- When first released it was possible for a player to buy a Mining cape even if they did not have 99 Mining. Although it is said that the players with the Mining capes below 99 have them removed, this is not true as a couple of accounts still have them. However, you cannot equip them, and trying to will give you the message "You need level 99 Mining to equip this item."
- The number of players who have achieved 99 mining has increased significantly since the release of the Living Rock Caverns as concentrated gold rocks and concentrated coal rocks have allowed for Mining to be done without paying much attention to the game, as opposed to before the release of the Living Rock Caverns where granite was the best experience per hour (this required constant attention).
- On 25 May 2010 the Mining cape's emote was changed; the animation is smoother and the pickaxe used has been changed from steel to rune.
- The golden shadow of the pickaxe resembles the inferno adze at the top of the down swing.
- The dwarf selling the cape used to wear a unique version of it.