|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|Store price|| 17 coins|
|Exchange price||20 coins (info)|
|Examine||A basic level catalytic rune.|
Mind runes are a type of non-elemental rune. Mind runes can either be bought from Aubury's Rune Shop in Varrock, created from rune essence through the Runecrafting skill, procured from drops by killing monsters or picked up from spawns on the ground. Mind runes are used for the spells Confuse and Stagger along with enchanting sapphire bolts. Other than low-level training and Stagger, mind runes are usually considered useless by many higher-levelled players.
However, with the introduction of the Wicked Pouch, Mind runes can fully charge a pouch with Runic Energy for only about 50,000, which is cheaper than filling it with many other alternative runes, exceeded only in price per charge by the Soul Rune. However, mind runes are arguably easier to obtain given their commonness.
The mind altar is located north of Falador, in between the Goblin Village and the Ice Mountain, very near to the Wilderness. Mind runes are craftable at level 1 using the Runecrafting skill. Crafting mind runes provides 5.5 Runecrafting experience per rune or pure essence used (154 xp for a full inventory).
There is a Falador Task in the hard section to craft 140 Mind runes at the same time.
- Dark Warriors' Fortress
- Lumbridge Castle (Ground floor, next to the southern stairway)
- Varrock Sewers
Players may purchase mind runes for 17 coins from:
- Ali Morrisane (after completing The Feud quest) in north-eastern part of Al Kharid (300)
- Apprentice Clara in north-east Burthorpe (30 free, 100)
- Aubury's Rune Shop in south-east Varrock (30 free, 100)
- Baba Yaga's Magic Shop on Lunar Isle (1000)
- Betty's Magic Emporium in Port Sarim (100)
- Lundail's Arena-side Rune Shop in the Mage Arena (1000)
- Mage of Zamorak northeast of Edgeville around level 5 Wilderness (100 before miniquest, 1000 after)
- Void Knight Magic Store (1000)
- Wizards' Guild in Yanille (1000)
Levels 1 to 24Edit
|Crawling corpse torso||7||22||Common|
|Skeleton (Lumbridge Catacombs)||11||32||Common|
|Zombie||13; 18; 22; 24||5–7||Uncommon|
Levels 25 to 49Edit
Levels 50 and aboveEdit
|Chaos dwarf hand cannoneer||100||37||Common|
|Cyclops||56; 76; 81||2–3||Rare|
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat update, one mind rune was required per cast for the strike spells. Its examine text was "Used for basic level missile spells."
- Mind runes used to require level 2 Runecrafting to craft, this was changed in an unknown update before March 2012.