|Release date||16 May 2016 (Update)|
|Location||Player-owned house or Invention Guild|
|Examine||A monkey butler domesticated by mind-control technology.|
The mind-controlled monkey butler, also known as Steve, is a servant that players can hire by speaking to the monkey in the Invention Guild while using a Monkey mind-control helmet. Hiring Steve destroys the helmet. The monkey butler is similar in abilities to a demon butler but he does not require payments. He can, like the demon butler, carry 26 items. If he is fired, another monkey mind-control helmet is required to re-hire him.
Players can acquire the mind-controlled monkey butler at the Invention Guild. Before acquiring the servant, the player must meet four requirements:
- The player must have level 60 Invention.
- The player must unlock and create the Monkey mind-control helmet from the Cave goblin technology tree.
- The player's house must have at least two bedrooms with beds constructed in each one. If one of the beds is removed, then the servant does not become present again until the bed is rebuilt and the player exits and re-enters the house.
- The player must not have a servant already hired. If you wish to hire another servant, you must fire your current servant by talking to them in your house before attempting to hire a different servant.
The services provided by servants can be cosmetic or vital resources for training Construction efficiently. The mind-controlled monkey butler can:
- Be summoned via the bell-pull in the dining room or the Call Butler button on the House Settings interface.
- Follow the player like a familiar even in building mode.
- Greet visiting players as they enter the house.
- Lead visiting players to the owner if the owner is in another room.
- Lead visiting players outside.
- Serve tea to the owner.
- Serve drinks from the barrel to the owner and the visiting players.
- Serve banana to the owner and the visiting players provided the player has a dining room with a table and a kitchen with the necessary supplies.
- Fetch building materials from the bank.
- Take building materials to the bank.
- Un-note noted items (excluding bones and ashes).
- Take logs (noted or unnoted) to the sawmill for conversion into planks.
- The mind-controlled monkey butler's name 'Steve' may be a reference to the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, where Steve serves as Flint Lockwood's coworker.
- This is a reference to the Ape Escape series of games, which prominently features monkeys wearing similar helmets.