The Merchant district is the third-largest district of Menaphos, and the economic centre of the city. It contains most of the shops in the market and also access to the Grand Exchange. Its associated faction is the Merchant faction whose leader Grand Vizier Ehsan (Merchant) is located in her house to the south-west of the district.
Features of districtEdit
- Grand Vizier Ehsan (Merchant) and Grand Vizier Hassan in the south-western corner of the district.
- Assistant Librarian Subotai next to the Bank Deposit box near the centre of the district, who can give the player the Menaphos journal.
- Urluk the camel warrior near the centre of the district, who gives the Palapa Cape for participating in activities around the city.
- Several Menaphite marketeers for pickpocketing.
- A Silk stall, Gem Trader, Lamp stall, General Store (Menaphos), Fish trader, Nefertari's Bread Stall, and Loyalty Programme Shop run by Wafa in the eastern market.
- An entrance to Shifting Tombs in the centre of the market.
- The Merchant district musician outside the entrance to Shifting Tombs.
- Azibo, who stores Treasure Hunter and holiday items, similar to Diango in Draynor Village, can be found in the south-east part of the market place.
- Bank stalls and Grand Exchange clerks after completion of The Jack of Spades in the south-east.
- A Bank deposit unlocked at Tier 2 reputation with the Merchant faction and a Bank chest unlocked at Tier 6.
- A Summoning obelisk north of the Lamp stall.
- A shoe store run by Qaseem, just north of the market place.
- Several water sources and various NPCs.
|2||6,000||Gain access to a bank deposit box within the Merchant district.|
|3||18,000||Faction head (merchant district)||Unlock the faction head for the Merchant district.|
|4||36,000||Merchant district teleport||Unlock the ability to create Merchant district, shifting tombs and Sophanem Slayer Dungeon teleportation tablets in your player-owned house.|
|5||60,000||Faction legs (merchant district)||Unlock the faction legs for the Merchant district.|
|6||90,000||Gain access to a bank chest within the Merchant district.|
|7||129,000||Faction body (merchant district)||Unlock the faction body for the Merchant district.|
|8||177,000||Merchant district skilling boost||Permanently improve your Thieving success rate within the Merchant district when stealing from Menaphite Marketeers.|
|9||231,000||'of the merchant district' title||Unlock the '[Name] of the Merchant district' title.|
|10||300,000||Magic carpet||Unlock the magic carpet pet from the Merchant district.|
- Urluk the camel near the centre of the district, who gives the Palapa Cape for participating in activities around the city
- Gem trader (Menaphos)
- Merchant district musician
- Several Menaphite marketeers
- Fish trader (Menaphos)
- Lamp trader
- General store Shopkeeper and Shop assistant
- Grand Exchange clerks
- Menaphite beggars
- Menaphite Dentist
- Menaphite royal guard
- Assistant Librarian Subotai near the centre of the district, who can give the player the Menaphos journal
- Grand Vizier Ehsan (Merchant) (faction leader)
- Grand Vizier Hassan
- Menaphite Embalmer
- Menaphite Architect
- Menaphite Perfume Seller
- Several Menaphite guards
- Several Menaphite citizens
- A Handful of Coins (at the musician)
- A Purse Full of Silver
- Eastern Promise
- Make Ends Meet
- Upon examining chairs in the Merchant district, the examine is 'No, you can't sit on it. Riot on world 66.' is a reference to the players' feature requests of being able to sit on chairs like in Player owned house and also riots.
- When examining the barrel of fish, the examine is 'Drum and bass' which is a reference to the Drum and bass branch of electronic music.