Members, pay-to-play or P2P, are players who have paid subscriptions or redeemed bonds to have access to the full version of RuneScape. The pay-to-play version of RuneScape was first announced on 4 October 2001, and fully instated on 27 February 2002.
Jagex, the company that owns RuneScape, introduced Membership as a way to cover the vast majority of the costs of RuneScape, such as in-game updates, extra staffing, server hosting, etc. As a benefit, members have many more privileges and usable features in the game and on the RuneScape website.
Many people's critiques of the game are due solely to the limitations of a non-member in the game, specifically at a higher level as content and areas become repetitive and dull. However, a large portion of the community do not see this as an issue, arguing that free players aren't entitled to the same benefits as paying customers.
See Membership subscription for payment options
In order to become a member and access the pay-to-play version of RuneScape, players must first have a subscription. When players subscribe, they receive members credit which allows them to access the pay-to-play version of RuneScape. When you start a subscription by credit card, it will be paid monthly (every 30 days). Subscriptions through different payment methods may have varying lengths, although there is a minimum length of one month. Jagex is affiliated with several payment providers, each providing different subscription payment methods and prices. Different payment methods require different information to be given during a secure payment process.
Furthermore, players may use bonds, an in-game item that allows a player to pay for selected account-related and out-of-game benefits such as membership, RuneCoins and Treasure hunter keys with in-game resources. Since these Bonds may be purchased directly from the Grand Exchange or other players, this essentially means that players may instead opt to pay for their own memberships through coins, the in-game currency, rather than real world money.
Extra featuresEditMembership unlocks many features of RuneScape that are not available to free players: almost all recent updates to RuneScape have been for members, with the exception of a few major updates in the past months. There are very few quests available to free players, while new quests available to members are added at a rate of one or two a month. This is a condensed list of features unlocked with membership below:
- Ability to change character names.
- Ten extra skills, as well as more capabilities in free-to-play skills.
- Ability to purchase skill capes when achieving level 99 and 120 in a skill.
- Higher capabilities in other skills.
- Use of several transportation systems.
- Much larger explorable area (around 3 times as big).
- More accessible servers (members can access free-to-play worlds and pay-to-play worlds, although they cannot access most members only features in free-to-play worlds).
- More minigames, such as Pest Control, Soul Wars, and Stealing Creation.
- Ability to do Distractions and Diversions, such as Treasure Trails, Penguin Hide and Seek, Evil Trees and Shooting Stars.
- Better (and a more varied range of) equipment, such as Dragon, Barrows, Bandos, Crystal etc. weapons and armour.
- More bank space. Non-members' 103 (353 if all bank boosters are purchased) bank slots versus members' 571 (821 if all bank boosters are purchased).
- More space for Grand Exchange offers (non-members have only 3 spaces, while members have 8).
- Members can create their own house using the POH system along with the Construction skill.
- Full access to Player-owned Ports (requires 90 in at least one of the following skills: Fishing, Slayer, Runecrafting, Herblore, Prayer, Thieving, Cooking, Construction or Hunter).
- A huge amount of members-only items.
- Many more quests.
- Many more titles obtainable.
- More music and sound effects.
- A few more emotes such as air guitar (requires 500 unlocked songs), Faint (requires the completion of the mime Court Case) and Taskmaster (requires all tasks to be completed in the Task system).
- Ability to post on the RuneScape Official Forums regardless of their character's level/experience (The only non-members who can post on the forums are those with at least 2.5 million experience total or have an overall skill total exceeding or equal to 350).
- More efficient ways to make money.
- The ability to access fullscreen mode on the main screen in the Java client (Free players can access fullscreen mode using the NXT client).
- The ability to take a photo using the Photo Booth feature for use on the forums as an avatar.
- The ability to fight many high level bosses like the Queen Black Dragon, God War Bosses and more.
- The ability to fight a wide variety of other monsters, ranging from Yaks to Dragons, which drop items such as Dragon bones that are worth a reasonable amount of money on the Grand Exchange.
- Many more pets to own.
- Access to the Members Loyalty Programme to gain extra features such as Auras, Emotes and Outfits.
- The ability to create and enter Clan citadels for clans.
- More keys on the Treasure Hunter.
- A 10% discount from Solomon's General Store.
- Full access to official seasonal and holiday events.
- Full access to all Abilities.
- Access to 2 more Action bars
- Every year, extra bonuses when buying the Premier Club, like bonus Loyalty Points and cosmetic rewards.
These benefits will only be available if the member logs onto a members server. If a members-only item is on a non-members server it will not be usable.
Although if you go onto a free server while membership is activated, the bank space will still be increased beyond the normal free limit, and you may still place things in even if there isn't one already in there. Fullscreen mode is also available on free servers while membership is activated.
Currently there are 10 skills in RuneScape that are only available to members out of a total of 27 skills. The members-only skills are listed in alphabetical order below:
There are many benefits upon unlocking these skills. Many members quests have members skill requirements. Agility allows run energy to recharge faster, allows players to run for longer amounts of time, and allows entry to certain areas and use of many shortcuts. With Construction, players can build their own player-owned house and erect God statues across the map which then become altars to recharge prayer. Farming allows players to grow fruits, vegetables, herbs, and trees that only they will be able to cut. Herblore lets players make potions to aid them in combat and the training of other skills. Hunter is a great money maker, and items from it help train several other skills. Thieving allows entry into certain areas as well as being an easy money source. Slayer unlocks new monsters and items, as well as the Slayer Dart spell, Broad-tipped bolts, and Broad arrows. Summoning allows members to summon helpful beasts that can aid the player by holding items, boosting stats, helping in combat, restoring health, among other abilities. Some familiars have secondary abilities such as the pack yak can bank items and the bunyip can allow you to eat raw fish. Invention allows you to augment equipment.
Free players have strictly limited access to the world of RuneScape. Free players can only access the kingdoms of Asgarnia and Misthalin, the north-eastern most point of Karamja, and the Wilderness. Membership allows full access to the entire world.
Here is a list of some, but not all of the lands reserved for members:
- Ape Atoll
- Feldip Hills
- Fremennik Province
- Karamja Mainland
- Kharidian Desert
- Troll Country
- Zanaris (Dimension of the Fairies)
- Many Dungeons and similar areas
Most of the minigames in RuneScape are members only. Minigames are interactive competitions between players and usually require or involve cooperation and communication. However, some minigames are just for players to play on their own. Minigames can also be good methods to gain experience in combat or non-combat skills, or to just invoke fun competition. Minigames are arguably one of the most enjoyable aspects of RuneScape, and a common reason that impel many to become Members as most of them are restricted to members.
Here is an alphabetical list of the currently available members-only minigames, along with a short explanation:
- Agility Pyramid - Another way for players to quickly train Agility, as well as a decent source of money.
- Barbarian Assault - A fun team combat minigame which unlocks new armour.
- Barrows - A single player combat minigame with valuable rewards, including Barrows equipment
- Blast Furnace - A way to smelt bars of metal.
- Brimhaven Agility Arena - A great Agility trainer for players with moderately high Agility levels.
- Castle Wars - An extremely popular competitive game of combat Capture the Flag, in which two teams infiltrate each the enemy castle and fight to score. Tickets rewarded to the winners can be exchanged for decorative Castle Wars armour and capes.
- Champion Challenge - Fight champions of various races for an XP reward
- Conquest - A turn-based strategy game where two players command a squad of Void Knights and try to eliminate their opponent.
- Dominion Tower - Refight past quests bosses for Xp books
- Fight Cauldron - Kill TokHaar creatures for shards to create Obsidian equipment
- Fight Kiln - Win Uncut onyxes that can be sold for 1,752,473
- Fishing Trawler - A fishing minigame in which players sail along the sea trying to keep a leaking ship afloat while they fix their net and catch some fish. Rewards scale to the player's fishing level/
- Flash Powder Factory - Players show their deft abilities as they navigate this tricky maze filled with traps and obstacles. Players earn Brianpoints that can be exchanged for Agility and Thieving experience as well as Factory outfit that helps in Herblore.
- Gnome Ball - A challenging Agility minigame where players try to pass and charge with a small ball towards a hoop to score a goal, while defending gnomes attempt to tackle them before they can throw it. Players earn both Agility and Ranging experience.
- Gnome Restaurant - Players try their hand at delivering food to NPCs. A variety of unique items and other rewards are available.
- Heist - Earn points that can be exchanged for Thieving bonus experience
- Mage Arena - Learn the Divine Storm and earn god capes and god staves.
- Mage Training Arena - One of the fastest ways to earn Magic experience; the Arena offers four different minigames each involving a different type of magic. Players can earn Pizazz points to exchange for runes or the valued Infinity Robes
- Pest Control - This immensely popular team combat minigame involves protecting the vulnerable Void Knight while you fight incoming monsters. Commendation Points which can be exchanged for experience in any combat skill as well as a selection of items are rewarded to successful teams.
- Player-owned port - Get a free lamp from Meg once a week, along with sailing for resources that can be made into level 85 gear
- Pyramid Plunder - A source of extremely fast Thieving experience.
- Ranging guild minigames - A fast way to train Ranging. Players can even exchange tickets earned as rewards for rune arrows.
- Shades of Mort'ton - Build up a temple and defend it from attacking evil spirits. One of the best ways to train Crafting, a good source of Firemaking experience. Shades of Mort'ton quest must be completed before you can play this minigame.
- Sorceress's Garden - Players attempt to sneak around watchful elementals guarding their gardens to get the a Sq'irk Tree to pick Sq'irk fruits. Fast Thieving experience.
- Soul Wars - A challenging minigame where you kill avatars with your team. Rewards combat experience and pets.
- Stealing Creation - Join other players in non-combat games for points that can be exchanged for bonus experience tools
- Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup - Help clean up the village of Tai Bwo Wannai. Players earn the village currency of trading sticks for a reward.
- Tears of Guthix - Collect the tears of the God of Balance in a sacred cave guarded by his faithful snake servant Juna. The tears give experience in the players' lowest skill.
- Temple Trekking - Escort citizens through the dangerous Mort Myre Swamp in Morytania to a temple on the River Salve. If successful, players earn tokens exchangeable for a random reward, including resources such as herbs or ores, or tomes exchangeable for experience in specific skills.
- Treasure Trail - Players follow cryptic clues on wild chases to valuable rewards. Rewards include runes, God pages, Ornamental armour, Rune god armour, Third age armour, and others.
- Trouble Brewing - Two teams compete as each try to brew the most bottles of rum. Experience in a variety of skills can be earned for performing the many complicated tasks needed in the process of rum production.
- TzHaar Fight Cave - Players fight alone against an army of Tzhaar. A popular minigame for players who wish to earn Tokkul or the much-sought Fire cape.
- TzHaar Fight Pit - A PvP game that awards Tokkul.
Unlockable capabilities in skillsEdit
Free players are limited in their access to the skills available in RuneScape. Since areas and training methods are also limited, it can be difficult for free players to obtain high levels in much of the free-to-play skills. Free players cannot use members items for combat and cannot use some of the abilities or items reached at higher levels in the free skills. Many guilds are also located in members only areas. Membership brings full access to not only several members skills, but also the free skills. Prior to the Evolution of Combat update, it also gave special attacks to specific weaponry.
The vast majority of quests in RuneScape are restricted to members. These quests unlock many important features, new areas, various transportation systems, and many new methods to train skills. There are currently 35 free-to-play quests and 180 members-only quests. A complete list of members quests is found here.
Some quests granting useful abilities are listed below:
- Extra key tokens daily - win more experience per day
- Complete access to the Lodestone Network along with quick teleports from them using Vis Wax
These quests are highly recommended to finish, as this allows access to a larger variety of weaponry and armour and just as important, faster and easier transportation.
- Eadgar's Ruse - ability to use Trollheim Teleport (with 61 Magic)
- Fairytale II - Cure a Queen - access to Fairy Rings during and after the quest (you must be wielding either a Dramen staff or Lunar staff to use fairy rings).
- Fairytale III - Battle at Orks Rift - ability to use fairy rings without the need of a Dramen staff or Lunar staff.
- The Fremennik Isles - access to Fremennik armour and many islands of the Lunar Sea
- Tree Gnome Village and The Grand Tree - ability to use Gnome gliders and Spirit trees
- Heroes' Quest - ability to use Dragon battleaxe and Dragon mace
- Horror from the Deep - ability to combine and use God books
- Lost City - ability to use Dragon dagger and Dragon longsword, access to Zanaris
- Smoking Kills - ability to gather Slayer reward points
- Tears of Guthix - access to the Tears of Guthix Distraction and Diversion
- Watchtower - ability to use Watchtower Teleport (with 58 Magic)
- Desert Treasure - access to the Ancient Magicks
- Crocodile Tears - Immunity from desert heat
- Dream Mentor - access to some new lunar spells
- Legends Quest - ability to use Dragon square shield and Cape of Legends
- Lunar Diplomacy - access to the Lunar spells (further expanded after Dream Mentor)
- Monkey Madness - ability to use a Dragon scimitar
- Mourning's End Part II - ability to Runecraft Death runes (at 65 Runecrafting)
- Legacy of Seergaze - ability to Runecraft Blood runes (at 77 Runecrafting)
- Recipe for Disaster - See full list of rewards
- Regicide - ability to use a Dragon halberd
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat - Access to Glacors and Stone of Jas boosts in the north such as God Wars Dungeon.
- Roving Elves - ability to use Crystal bow and Crystal ward
- Summer's End - ability to use Spirit shields
- Swan Song - ability to fish and cook Monkfish (with 62 Fishing and Cooking)
- While Guthix Sleeps - Part of Dragon platebody, 400,000 experience, ability to kill Tormented demons (randomly drop Dragon claws or Dragon platebody parts)
- World Wakes - Access to Automations
- Nomad's Requiem - Ability to have Soul Wars as your respawn point.
When you become a member, some of the first things you should do are the "Easy" parts of the Task System. The rewards are listed below:
- Varrock: Easy - Possibility to mine 2 ores and smith 2 bars instead of one, access to the Edgeville Furnace, and the ability to buy 16 Battlestaves from Zaff.
- Karamja: Easy - Lowers boat trip costs from Port Sarim - Musa Point and Ardougne - Brimhaven from 30 coins to 15. Dell Monti will give 40 pineapples to the wearer daily.
- Falador: Easy - Shield restores 25% of Prayer daily and gives +3 Prayer boost.
- Ardougne: Easy - Unlimited Monastery teleport, better chance at Thieving in Ardougne, twice as many Death Runes when selling a cat to a citizen in West Ardougne, more noted drops in the Tower of Life and a 10% Prayer boost upon entering Castle Wars.
- Fremennik Province: Easy - Peer The Seer works as a Bank Deposit Box, you can talk to the Fossegrimen via the boots to charge your Enchanted Lyre, and the Fossegrimen will give extra charges when charging in person.
- Seers' Village: Easy - Works as a dull Light Source, 30 free Flax from Geoffrey in the Flax field, an extra log cutting normal Trees anywhere, and the Coal Trucks now hold 140 coal.
- Morytania: Easy - Double fungi when casting Bloom, 5% extra Temple Trekking rewards, 50% chance of a Ghast ignoring you rather than attacking you.
Members can access and log into servers reserved for the pay-to-play version of RuneScape. If members wish to, they may also log into free-to-play worlds, although on these servers they can't use any in-game features that are accessible only in pay-to-play worlds. There are 86 members-only worlds out of a total of 171 worlds.
Additional website featuresEdit
Players who opt for pay-to-play are given access to a few sections of the RuneScape website that are unavailable to free players:
- The forums - Free players may use the official forums if they have more than 2.5 million experience or a skill total of 350+. This makes it more difficult to use a valuable method of communication, which can limit contact with other players in the Marketplace, Game, RS-Classic, and Community forum sections for trading, clan recruitment, clan discussion, game discussion, or other reasons, as well as removing the only easy way to contact Jagex: the Support section of the forums, which allows for suggestion of updates, rants, complaints and feedback.
- The Adventurer's Log
- The Hiscores (Previously members and free players could use this. After 31 March 2014 by the power to player, it is open again to free players.)
In order to save money, some players will pay for a few months of membership and then cancel or end payments. Before becoming a member, they will prepare for the new features by obtaining items that will allow them to quickly train members only skills and do members only quests. After they have completed their desired goals, they will cancel their membership and begin preparation again. While most members do not choose to switch like this, it is a good idea to obtain items that new members will need in large amounts before beginning membership.
Soon-to-be member checklist:
- Food such as cakes or lobsters to train Agility and/or Thieving with less chance of dying.
- Vials and secondary ingredients for Herblore (such as Red spider's eggs and Limpwurt root).
- Coal and other ores to take advantage of Artisans Workshop for Smithing.
- Enough coins to pay for all the equipment and skill items that you plan to buy once you are a member (this may seem difficult due to the limiting method and efficiency of making money in F2P).
- Some levels for following member's Money making guides to buy another bond for 2 more weeks of subscription.
- Items to utilise new capabilities in free skills that come with membership.
- Items required to do basic member quests you plan to complete.
- Moderately high levels, as this removes possible time wasted while training F2P skills in Member's worlds as you could have trained these without a subscription.
Recommended members questsEdit
If you plan to do members quests, it is a good idea to get any Free Player levels before you become a member, so you can spend more time doing members-only quests or skills without wasting membership credit for something you could do in free player worlds. Immediate Quests (these quests open the members world to you):
- Buyers and Cellars - Unlocks the thieving guild.
- Lost City - Allows Dragon longsword and Dragon dagger to be wielded and allows access to Zanaris.
Basic members quest that gives good experience and is required for further quests.
- Biohazard - Easy, continuation of Plague City series.
- Dwarf Cannon - Allows use of Dwarf multicannon.
- Family Crest - Unlocks the Cooking gauntlets
- Fremennik Trials - Begins exploration of Fremennik Province, good skill rewards.
- Holy Grail - 11,000 prayer experience along with 15,300 defence.
- Jungle Potion - Begins Karamja quests. Also a a prerequisite for A Fairy Tale Part I
- Nature Spirit - Prerequisite for A Fairy Tale Part I
- Plague City - Simple quest that's a prerequisite for Plague's End
Short term quest goals (these will unlock new features and build your list of completed quests) - some items should be gathered:
- The Dig Site - Unlocks 3 threshold abilities
- The World Wakes - The beginning of the 6th age, and explains world events; several new combat abilities.
Development quests (these will expand your members knowledge and prepare you for further questing) - build on quests completed previously:
- A Fairy Tale Part I - Better harvests with Farming with the Magic secateurs
- Eagle's Peak - Have you been training Hunter?
- Ghosts Ahoy - Explore Morytania and gain free access to Port Phasmatys.
- Tree Gnome Village - The Gnome series begins.
- The Elder Kiln - Unlocks the Fight Kiln. Uncut onyxes won at the end sell for 1,752,473
- The Grand Tree - Continues Gnome series.
- Heroes' Quest - Allows Dragon battleaxe and Dragon mace to be wielded and allows access to Heroes' Guild.
- In Aid of the Myreque - Access to Burgh de Rott
- In Search of the Myreque - Build on your work in Nature Spirit.
- Shilo Village - Welcome to Shilo.
- Tourist Trap - Working towards Desert Treasure.
- Troll Stronghold - Great reward-2 x 10,000 experience lamps.
- The Feud - Easy desert quest that helps with Thieving.
- Underground Pass -Challenging, but rewards Iban's staff.
- Waterfall Quest - A very rewarding quest about Elves.
Long-term quests (these are where you begin to become a strong player):
- Branches of Darkmeyer - Access to Darkmeyer, another bank in Morytania, Vyrewatch slayer task and the Drakan Medallion .
- Contact! - A new bank deep in the desert, and a dagger.(Keris)
- Darkness of Hallowvale - Access to Meiyerditch and useful experience reward.
- Desert Treasure - Gives access to the Ancient Magicks.
- Fight Arena - Short quest which rewards a quick 12,175 Attack experience.
- Horror from the Deep - Ability to wield prayer books.
- In Aid of the Myreque - a new bank in deep Morytania.
- Legacy of Seergaze - Ability to craft Blood runes.
- Legends Quest- Ability to wear the Legend's cape.
- The Light Within - Unlocks new spells for Ancient Magicks
- Monkey Madness - Unlocks Ape Atoll
- One Small Favour - the reward is a helpful keyring (stores keys).
- Regicide - into the Elven lands.
- Roving Elves - Unlocks the Crystal bow
- Tai Bwo Wannai Trio - Exploring Karamja.
- While Guthix Sleeps - Unlocks new monsters, and equipment. You can only start after completing most of the other quests (requirement of 270 quest points).
- Another Slice of H.A.M. - unlocks the Dorgesh-Kaan - Keldagrim Train System, transportation orbs also unlocked.
- Desert Treasure - Ancient Magicks teleports.
- Eagles' Peak - Eagle transport system.
- Lunar Diplomacy - Lunar spells teleports.
- The Grand Tree - Allows the access to gnome gliders.
- One Small Favour - Unlocks another gnome glider route.
- Ghosts Ahoy - Free access to Port Phasmatys. The Ectophial can be used for quick teleportation to the port.
- Fairy Tale quest series - Access to the Fairy rings, which covers a vast area.
- Tree Gnome Village - Allows access to Spirit tree transportation method.
- Regicide - Allows use of Arandar also the charter ship to Port Tyras, avoiding the Underground Pass.
- In Search of the Myreque - Allows shortcut through Mort Myre Swamp via boat.
- Garden of Tranquility - Activates Ring of Charos, making transportation (and other things) quick and cheap.
- Enakhra's Lament - Reward is Camulet , which can teleport you into the desert.
- The Fremennik Trials - Gives the ability to make an enchanted lyre which can teleport a player to Rellekka.
- Love Story - Gives the ability to chip House Teleport Tablets to teleport you to any house portal, not just your own.
- Plague's End - Unlocks the entire elf city with tons of skilling areas along with skill portals at the Max guild garden
These are easy quests that can be done for 2 key tokens
- Clock Tower
- Elemental Workshop I
- Fishing Contest - Allows use of passage under White Wolf Mountain
- Hazeel Cult
- Merlin's Crystal
- Monk's Friend
- Murder Mystery
- Observatory Quest
- Recruitment Drive
- Rune Mechanics
- Sheep Herder
- Tower of Life
Preparing for an ending membershipEdit
When going from Pay-to-play to Free-to-play, there are many things you want to consider before your membership ends. Along with being restricted by the smaller free world area and limited to the free skills, bank space is an important aspect to consider. Non-members are mostly limited to 103 bank spaces whereas Members have 468 extra bank spaces (for a total of 571 bank spaces).
- Even if you are planning on becoming a member again you will have to sell most of the items. If you still have more than 83 (or 103) non-member items in the bank after your membership ends, the extra items will still be in the bank, but you cannot deposit anymore items unless duplicate of the item is already there. To see how many extra F2P items you have in your bank move your mouse cursor over the number that indicates how many members items you hold in your bank.
- Member items are not usable and equipable in the Free-to-play servers, but you may keep them in the bank. You may consider selling every valuable P2P items if you are NOT willing to become a member again. Less expensive ones and some quest-related items are more worthy to be kept, and more importantly, don't take up F2P bank space. These cheaper items may quicken your process if you subscribe again.
- Using bank tagging is useful for sorting out the items, you may also see some convenient tools like Pot, which is barely useful inside F2P playing. Disposal of these cheap items would lead to efficient bank sorting.
- When the membership ends and you still have members armour equipped, you will still be wielding the armour, weapons, shields, etc., but they will have the special abilities & stats disabled. You cannot train Dungeoneering if you wish to keep these items equipped. Once unequipped you cannot reequip them until you log into a members world. For skill cape wearers (including Max cape), dropping and selling all other capes will lessen the hazard of accidentally unequipping the cape. A questing cape is not recommended, as it will unequip when the next quest is released. Also, a completionist cape (or even trimmed) is strongly NOT recommended as it will unequip when new content is released.
- Keeping useful Free-to-play items and armour might be an acceptable idea. Some of these items/armour include, but are not limited to: Rune/Blue d'hide equipment(from crafting/smithing or kept before starting membership), cooked/raw Swordfish (eventually as rewards from the Managing Miscellania minigame or kept before starting membership), Attack potions, Strength potions and/or Defence potions (from training Herblore), etc.
- Players can only initiate a trading request on top-left and top-middle slots in Grand Exchange inside free worlds. However, transactions can be completed in all slots even if a player has terminated subscription.
Other RuneScape ServersEdit
The membership of an account also apply to OldSchool RuneScape.
If a member has logged onto RuneScape Classic during one of its reopening periods, they can play on the RuneScape Classic servers as a member.
- Jagex reached the one million member count mark on 4 May 2007.
- If you train combat and you are wielding a members' item on a free to play world in the weapon slot, this will result in 'you are wearing an item which prevents you from attacking' and you cannot fight unless you unequip it. When the free version of RuneScape Classic existed, members' weapons would automatically become unequipped when the player logs in to a free world.
- In the God letters, members were referred to as 'nobility' while free players were peasants. It was also said that they paid taxes to the counsel.
- Paul Gower stated that the first members benefit was being able to login any time players wanted.
- Members will have all their members' skills drained to 5 on a free world, and instantly recover on a member's world.
- ^ http://services.runescape.com/m=news/runescape-reaches-one-million-members NEWS - 4 May 2007 - RuneScape reaches one million members!
- ^ http://twitter.com/RuneFest/status/22349419276