|Release||11 August 2014 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You cannot reclaim it.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||Deploy this to create an elite training dummy, on which to train your melee skills.|
The melee training dummy is a dummy won from Treasure Hunter. It has 100,000 life points and can have a maximum combat level of 99. When deployed, it will place a melee training dummy onto the ground. It can be placed down in most locations, excluding banks, the wilderness, player-owned houses, and certain minigames.
The dummy can be attacked and destroyed up to 5 times. Each time the dummy is destroyed you will receive a certain amount of Constitution experience, as well as experience in either Attack, Strength, Defence, depending on your settings. Once it has been defeated 5 times, the dummy will be permanently destroyed. Killing the dummy a fifth time will provide an extra amount of experience.
The dummy can be attacked by other players as well. Other players can deal up to 10% of the damage necessary to kill it and will receive 10% of the experience that they would have gained if they had owned it. The experience is given once the owner has defeated the dummy. Experience gained from the dummy is scaled to the attacker's current combat level and is based on whatever combat style is chosen.
The dummy will not provide experience for augmented weapons or armour. If the owner is not doing any damage to the dummy, other players cannot do damage.
The dummies have a few restrictions:
- Abilities that affect multiple tiles or multiple targets will not work on them.
- Attacks that drain life will not work.
- Summoning familiars cannot damage the dummies.
- The dwarven multicannon does not work on the dummies.
- Dummies cannot be placed directly next to each other.
- Poison does not work.
- Ironmen are unable to attack a deployed dummy, unless it is their own.
- Placing a training dummy on a second floor of a house or bottom floor of a bank, will make it disappear if the player leaves the floor and re-enter.
- If a dummy is placed inside an instance and the instance is left, it will disappear and cannot be reobtained.
Melee training dummies, like all other combat training dummies, can be converted at a 3:2 ratio into other combat training dummies.