Mazchna is a low-level Slayer master. He will give slayer assignments to any player at combat with level 30 or higher. He is located in north-eastern Canifis. Mazchna is noted for usually giving assignments close to his area.
After the Smoking Kills quest, players can receive Slayer reward points for completing slayer tasks, based on how many tasks players have accomplished in a row. Completion of a task assigned by Mazchna will grant you:
- 2 slayer points per normal task
- 5 for every 10th
- 15 for every 50th
This means that if using Mazchna over the long term, an average of 2.5 points will be granted per task.
However, he is not recommended to use for every 10th and 50th task. Using Kuradal, Duradel or even Sumona for these tasks gives a greatly increased amount of points. For example, Duradel gives 75 points for completing a 10th task and 225 points for a 50th task. Kuradal gives even more points: 90 for every 10th task, and 270 points for every 50th task.
After the release of Smoking Kills, Mazchna became one of the most popular slayer masters, even among higher-level players in pursuit of slayer reward points. Because Mazchna's tasks are easy to complete by high-level players, a player can accomplish the first 9 tasks with ease and then use a higher level master like Kuradal or Duradel for tasks which are a multiple of ten, thereby gaining easy Slayer reward points.
|Monster||Amount||Combat Levels||Slayer Experience||Slayer Level Required|
15,35 (quest requirement)
|Cave crawler||23,138, 180 (Monster)||22,122||10|
|Crawling Hand||7,8,11,12, 80 (Skeletal), 90 (Zombie)||15,16,18,19, 100||5|
|Cyclopes||30-60||56,74, 81, 86 (Revenant)||75, 100, 105||1|
|Ghost||19,24,29,36,76,77,79||Varies from 25 to 157||1|
|Hobgoblin||23,28,36,42,47, 60 (Revenant)||28,29,49,51, 88||1|
|Kalphite||28,85,141, 303 (Queen)||40,90,170, 255||1|
|Pyrefiend||43,48, 52 (Revenant)||45,48||30|
|Skeleton||21-142||Varies from 17 to 112||1|
|Vampyre||61,68 (Revenant) 72,77||40,50,60||1|
|Wolf||40-70||11,14,25,38,64,73...||Varies from 15 to 100||1|
|Varies from 22 to 102||1|
*Many slayer monsters have numerous variants of the monster assigned. Please check the monster's page for more specific information about the different variants.
NOTE: Slayer masters assign higher-levelled monsters more frequently if the player's combat level is high.
Slayer Challenge Edit
After a player has performed several slayer tasks for Mazchna, he will occasionally offer a special task in place of a regular slayer task. The player can decline to take the special task without penalty. If the player accepts the special task, completing the task:
- Earns 2000 Slayer exp (no experience is earned during the task itself).
- Earns 3 Slayer reward points, if the player has completed the Smoking Kills quest, beyond the normal points received for a task from Mazchna.
- Counts as a task for the player's consecutive task count, which is used for slayer reward points.
- CKS near Canifis (a safe area until Mazchna is contacted)
- ALQ in the Haunted Woods (Vampyres and Leeches are present).
- BKR in the Mort Myre Swamp (Ghasts and the Mort Myre Swamp effect are present; a Blessed silver sickle and Druid pouches are recommended).
At each ring, the player must contact Mazchna using an Enchanted gem. If the player does not have a gem in inventory when the task is assigned, Mazchna will give the player a gem for free (even if the player has an enchanted gem in the bank). However, Mazchna will not give the player a gem if the player's inventory is full (and still won't if the player later returns with an empty inventory slot and speaks to him about the task again).
The player does not have to use the fairy ring transport network; simply walking to the rings is sufficient. When near a ring, the player activates the enchanted gem to contact Mazchna. The player does not get the usual choices when the gem is activated (if the usual choices appear, then the player is not near enough to the ring).
The three monsters you have to fight are a Ravenous snail (level 70) at ring BKR, a Ravenous vampyre (level 120) at ring ALQ, and a Ravenous ghoul (level 90) at ring CKS. The fairy rings can be done in any order.
The player does not have to finish the conversation with Mazchna after each kill, they can go to the next fairy ring immediately after killing one monster.
While Guthix SleepsEdit
Mazchna plays a small role in the While Guthix Sleeps quest. He is one of the band of eight heroes who attempt to save the player from Lucien after the player's identity is compromised. Mazchna is one of only two among them (along with Harrallak Menarous) to survive the ensuing battle. Because he, like the other survivor, was fighting the undead that Lucien raised rather than Lucien himself, Lucien did not cast his spell on them. All six who attacked Lucien directly perished. In any event, Mazchna is not invulnerable and appeared to be seriously injured during the Battle at the Chaos Temple, contradicting his statement that he is immortal.
Immediately after the battle, he teleported away to his normal spot in Canifis.
During the quest it can be seen that he has a combat level of 197.
- At one point, an image in the Knowledge Base showed a character doing Desert Treasure while wielding a sword very similar to Mazchna's. The image has since been removed. With the release of Smoking Kills, the leaf bladed sword was released, which is similar to the one that Mazchna is wielding.
- It seems that Mazchna is wearing an Adamant helm along with an Adamant platebody and Adamant platelegs.
- In a Postbag from the Hedge, Mazchna revealed that he is a demon, and that he chased all other demons in Morytania away so that he would guarantee his Slayer Master monopoly in the region.
- For a time after a player completed While Guthix Sleeps, when Mazchna gave tips to the player, his name would appear as "slayer_master_2_multi_wounded", whereas before it was just slayer_master_2_multi. This has since been fixed.
- With the release of the Festival for the Dead, Mazchna received a graphical update.
|God Wars Dungeon|