|Release||3 May 2011 (Update)|
|Examine||A cape worn by those who've achieved 99 in all skills.|
The max cape is a cape available to players who have attained at least level 99 in all 27 skills (it does not require level 120 in Dungeoneering, Slayer or Elite skills). It is sold by Max in Varrock and by Elen Anterth in the Max Guild for 2,673,000 coins. It has an emote which shows off the player's expertise in each skill. The minimum total level a player needs for max cape is 2,673. When purchased, it comes along with a corresponding hood. The minimum amount of experience required to wear this cape is 374,968,717.
Equipping the cape will unlock the Maxed [Name] title, which has the same requirements as the cape. This title can be used without wearing the cape once unlocked, and will re-lock when the cape is unable to be worn. The cape also offers a teleport to the Max Guild by right clicking it - arriving next to the skill portals inside the guild garden. Chatting with Elen Anterth provides an option to toggle the Max Cape teleport between the garden and within the tower. Players need to wear their cape after (re)obtaining it in order for Elen Anterth to appear inside the Tower.
Although the Max cape might be considered to be the second best cape in the game (first being the completionist cape), there are some exceptions worth noting:
- The god capes from the Mage Arena and the TokHaar-Kal-Mej provide a higher magic bonus (31 vs 26).
- The TokHaar-Kal-Ket provides a higher melee bonus (31 vs 26).
- The TokHaar-Kal-Xil provides a higher ranged bonus (31 vs 26).
- The Reefwalker's cape provides a 200 life point bonus and a higher armour rating (62 vs 44).
- The Superior reefwalker's cape provides a 300 life point bonus and a higher armour rating (65 vs 44).
- The Dragon Rider cape provides a higher prayer bonus (6 vs 5).
The Capes of Accomplishment each have a perk. Max, completionist, and trimmed completionist capes can hold up to three of those perks by consuming a cape by using the respective cape on the max or completionist capes. The Cape of Accomplishment cannot be retrieved, which means that switching perks effectively costs 99,000 coins each time (extra capes are easiest to get from Elen Anterth's store in the Max Guild). The added perks are shared between the max and completionist capes, including additional capes if the player owns more than one of each. For a list of perks see Cape of Accomplishment#List of Capes of Accomplishment and perks.
- Perfect juju agility potion
- Perfect juju dungeoneering potion
- Perfect juju farming potion
- Perfect juju herblore potion
- Perfect juju mining potion
- Perfect juju prayer potion
- Perfect juju smithing potion
- Perfect juju woodcutting potion
|Armour||44||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
|The Max Cape Marketplace||2,673,000||Coins||∞||Yes|
The colours of a max cape can be customised by using the option in the right-click menu of the cape. In the Skillcape Customiser interface, players have the right-click option on the either of the four colour palettes to get or set a certain colour via the HSL colour algorithm (hue, saturation, and luminosity).
The following table outlines the cape emote describing how the various 27 skills are incorporated.
|Dungeoneering||A massive boulder warps onto the ground in front of the player.|
|Thieving||The player picks a lock on a chain around the boulder.|
|Woodcutting||The player chops away a tree on the left side of the rock using an inferno adze.|
|Firemaking||The wood from the tree burns away in the air due to the power of the inferno adze.|
|Construction||The player cuts away excess rock using a saw on the right side.|
|Mining||The player mines away excess rock in front using a crystal pickaxe.|
|Fletching||The player uses a blessed hatchet to carve a tree branch into the creature's right arm.|
|Farming||The player uses a watering can to water a seed that grows into the creature's left arm.|
|Smithing||The player removes excess rock on the front of the creature's right leg with a hammer.|
|Crafting||The player chips details onto the back of the creature with a chisel and hammer.|
|Invention||An augmentor appears on the creature's chest as the player shoots a wisp.|
|Divination||The player charges the rock creature by shooting a wisp into it.|
|Runecrafting||The player imbues the face of a death rune onto the creature.|
|Summoning||The player summons spirit energy and binds it to the creature, awakening it.|
|Constitution||The player eats a fish to restore life points.|
|Fishing||The fish that the player eats also represents fishing.|
|Cooking||The fish that the player eats also represents cooking.|
|Herblore||The player drinks a potion.|
|Prayer||The player activates the turmoil curse.|
|Agility||The player evades an attack with a forward roll.|
|Hunter||The player catches a grey chinchompa with their left hand.|
|Ranged||The player throws the grey chinchompa at the creature's face.|
|Defence||The player dodges a blow from the creature's right arm.|
|Magic||The player casts a fire spell at the creature.|
|Attack||The player accurately grabs the creature around the neck with an abyssal whip.|
|Strength||The player pulls the massive creature forward with the whip.|
|Slayer||The player successfully slays the creature with the whip.|
Comparison with other capesEdit
|Completionist cape Completionist cape (t)||See notes||5,000,000 coins|| 65 |
|Max cape||See notes||2,673,000 coins|| 44 |
|Superior reefwalker's cape||85||100|| 65 |
|TokHaar-Kal-Ket TokHaar-Kal-Xil TokHaar-Kal-Mej||See notes||None|| 44 |
31 or or
|Cape of Accomplishment||99||99,000 coins|| 33 |
- The cape's emote used to be the longest emote in RuneScape, lasting 20 seconds, until the addition of the 15th Anniversary Dance emote.
- The emote can be performed even if the player has not done the quests The Temple at Senntisten for Turmoil, All Fired Up for the inferno adze, Mourning's Ends Part II for making death runes, Animal Magnetism for the blessed hatchet or Plague's End for the crystal pickaxe all of which are visible in the emote.
- The emote is updated to incorporate every new skill as they are released. To date, Divination and Invention have been released after the Max cape.
- After a player buys their first max cape, their Adventurer's Log reads:
For the first time after training all skills to level 99, I bought a max cape.
- The cape features the first emote that temporarily creates NPCs for the purposes of the emote who can then be examined.
- When a player reaches level 99 in all skills, a message is broadcasted across all servers: News: Player has just achieved at least level 99 in all skills!
- The cape turns to 2,673,000 coins if the player dies in the Wilderness.