|Release date||3 May 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 2,475,000 coins|
|Examine||A cape worn by those who've achieved 99 in all skills.|
A max cape is a cape sold by Max in Varrock. It is available to players who have attained at least 99 in all 25 skills (it does not require 120 in Dungeoneering, however). It has an emote which shows off the player's expertise in each skill. The minimum Total Level a player needs for max cape is 2475.
In order to buy the cape, players must first locate Max. He will move from location to location in eastern Varrock, as he is obsessed with skilling and rarely stops for a breath. However, once spotted, Max will offer to sell qualified players this cape for 2,475,000 coins, which is 99,000 coins times 25, the number of skills.
Although the Max cape might be considered to be the second best cape in the game (First being the Completionist cape) there are some exceptions worth noting:
- The Max Cape's prayer bonus of +5 is surpassed by both the Soul Wars cape and the Completionist Cape, the Soul Wars cape offers a +6 prayer bonus where as the Completionist Cape has a +7 prayer bonus.
- The TokHaar-Kal provides a +2.4% critical melee bonus whereas the Max Cape has a 2.2% critical bonus in Melee, Magic, and Range. The TokHaar-Kal also has a defensive bonus of 240 while the Max Cape has 297. Lastly, the TokHaar-Kal has a prayer bonus of +2 while the Max Cape has +5.
A player wearing the default Max cape
|[view] • [talk]|
Like a clan cloak and a completionist cape, the colours of a max cape can be customised by using the option in the right-click menu of the cape. In the Skillcape Customiser interface, players have the right-click option on the either of the four colour palettes to get or set a certain colour via the HSL colour algorithm (hue, saturation, and luminosity).
The following table outlines the cape emote describing how the various 25 skills are incorporated.
|Dungeoneering||A massive boulder warps onto the ground in front of the player.|
|Thieving||The player picks a lock on a chain around the boulder.|
|Woodcutting||The player chops away a tree on the left side of the rock using an inferno adze.|
|Firemaking||The wood from the tree burns away in the air due to the power of the inferno adze.|
|Construction||The player cuts away excess rock using a saw on the right side.|
|Mining||The player mines away excess rock in front using a dragon pickaxe.|
|Fletching||The player uses a blessed hatchet to carve a tree branch into the creature's right arm.|
|Farming||The player uses a watering can to water a seed that grows into the creature's left arm.|
|Smithing||The player removes excess rock on the front of the creature's right leg with a hammer.|
|Crafting||The player chips details onto the back of the creature with a chisel and hammer.|
|Runecrafting||The player imbues the face of a death rune onto the creature.|
|Summoning||The player summons spirit energy and binds it to the creature, awakening it.|
|Constitution||The player eats a fish to restore life points.|
|Fishing||The fish that the player eats also represents fishing.|
|Cooking||The fish that the player eats also represents cooking.|
|Herblore||The player drinks a potion.|
|Prayer||The player activates the turmoil curse.|
|Agility||The player evades an attack with a forward roll.|
|Hunter||The player catches a grey chinchompa with their left hand.|
|Ranged||The player throws the grey chinchompa at the creature's face.|
|Defence||The player dodges a blow from the creature's right arm.|
|Magic||The player casts a fire spell at the creature.|
|Attack||The player accurately grabs the creature around the waist with an abyssal whip.|
|Strength||The player pulls the massive creature forward with the whip.|
|Slayer||The player successfully slays the creature with the whip.|
- The cape's emote is the longest emote in Runescape, lasting 25 seconds.
- The emote can be performed even if the player has not done the quests The Temple at Senntisten for Turmoil, All Fired Up for the Inferno Adze, Mourning's Ends Part II for making Death runes, or Animal Magnetism for the blessed hatchet, all of which are used in the emote.
- After a player buys their first max cape, their Adventurer's Log reads:
For the first time after training all skills to level 99, I bought a max cape.
- The cape features the first emote to have an examine option.
- A player who wears this cape is guaranteed to have gained at least 325,860,775 experience and a total level of 2475. Dungeoneering may make this total level even higher, by up to 21 levels.
- There was a glitch where the player could purchase the Max cape without having 99 in all skills. This was caused by the player's total level being higher than 2475 by having more than 99 in Dungeoneering to back up the missing levels. Theoretically, a player could have had 120 Dungeoneering and 78 in a skill and still be able to buy the cape. This could've indicated that the game calculated the requirement to buy the Max cape by Total levels and not the actual level in individual skills. This has now been fixed.
- When a player receives 99 in all skills, a message is broadcasted across the entire server stating: News: (players' name) has just achieved at least level 99 in all skills!. Players with the game set to filter will not see this message.
- Before the Evolution of Combat , the stats of this cape had +5 to all attack bonuses, +11 to all defense bonuses, a +4 strength bonus, a +10 prayer bonus, and lastly it weighed 0.4 kg.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the Ardougne Cloak 3 and 4 surpassed both the magic and stab attack bonuses of the Max cape by +1 by providing a +6 in both.