|Release date||3 May 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price|| 2,574,000 coins|
|Examine||A cape worn by those who've achieved 99 in all skills.|
A max cape is a cape sold by Max in Varrock. It is available to players who have attained at least 99 in all 26 skills (it does not require 120 in Dungeoneering). It has an emote which shows off the player's expertise in each skill. The minimum Total Level a player needs for max cape is 2574. When purchased, it comes along with a corresponding hood. The minimum amount of experience required to wear this cape is 338,895,206.
In order to buy the cape, players must first locate Max. He will move from location to location in eastern Varrock. Once spotted, Max will offer to sell qualified players this cape for 2,574,000 coins, which is 99,000 coins (the price of a typical skill cape) times 26 (the number of skills).
Although the Max cape might be considered to be the second best cape in the game (first being the completionist cape), there are some exceptions worth noting:
- The god capes from the Mage Arena provide a higher magic critical bonus (2.5% vs 2.2%).
- The TokHaar-Kal provides a higher melee critical bonus (2.4% vs. 2.2%).
- The superior reefwalker's cape and its inferior version provide hefty life point boosts (400 and 300 respectively), two of only three capes to do so besides the completionist cape; the other being the cape of legends which provides a 100 LP boost. The two reefwalker's capes also provide much higher armour ratings than the Max cape.
A player wearing the default Max cape
|[view] • [talk]|
Like a clan cloak, herald cape and a completionist cape, the colours of a max cape can be customised by using the option in the right-click menu of the cape. In the Skillcape Customiser interface, players have the right-click option on the either of the four colour palettes to get or set a certain colour via the HSL colour algorithm (hue, saturation, and luminosity).
The following table outlines the cape emote describing how the various 26 skills are incorporated.
|Dungeoneering||A massive boulder warps onto the ground in front of the player.|
|Thieving||The player picks a lock on a chain around the boulder.|
|Woodcutting||The player chops away a tree on the left side of the rock using an inferno adze.|
|Firemaking||The wood from the tree burns away in the air due to the power of the inferno adze.|
|Construction||The player cuts away excess rock using a saw on the right side.|
|Mining||The player mines away excess rock in front using a dragon pickaxe.|
|Fletching||The player uses a blessed hatchet to carve a tree branch into the creature's right arm.|
|Farming||The player uses a watering can to water a seed that grows into the creature's left arm.|
|Smithing||The player removes excess rock on the front of the creature's right leg with a hammer.|
|Crafting||The player chips details onto the back of the creature with a chisel and hammer.|
|Divination||The player charges the rock creature by shooting a wisp into it.|
|Runecrafting||The player imbues the face of a death rune onto the creature.|
|Summoning||The player summons spirit energy and binds it to the creature, awakening it.|
|Constitution||The player eats a fish to restore life points.|
|Fishing||The fish that the player eats also represents fishing.|
|Cooking||The fish that the player eats also represents cooking.|
|Herblore||The player drinks a potion.|
|Prayer||The player activates the turmoil curse.|
|Agility||The player evades an attack with a forward roll.|
|Hunter||The player catches a grey chinchompa with their left hand.|
|Ranged||The player throws the grey chinchompa at the creature's face.|
|Defence||The player dodges a blow from the creature's right arm.|
|Magic||The player casts a fire spell at the creature.|
|Attack||The player accurately grabs the creature around the neck with an abyssal whip.|
|Strength||The player pulls the massive creature forward with the whip.|
|Slayer||The player successfully slays the creature with the whip.|
- The cape's emote is the longest emote in Runescape, lasting 20 seconds.
- The emote can be performed even if the player has not done the quests The Temple at Senntisten for Turmoil, All Fired Up for the Inferno Adze, Mourning's Ends Part II for making Death runes, or Animal Magnetism for the blessed hatchet, all of which are used in the emote.
- After a player buys their first max cape, their Adventurer's Log reads:
For the first time after training all skills to level 99, I bought a max cape.
- The cape features the first emote to have an examine option.
- When a player receives 99 in all skills, a message is broadcasted across the entire server stating: News: (players' name) has just achieved at least level 99 in all skills!. Players with their Broadcast Messages Filter off will not see this message.