|Release||25 June 2018 (Update)|
|One of the mysterious Council of Seven. A master of the Order of Seiryu.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|540 / 360 / 180|
4 ticks (2.4s)
Masuta the Ascended is the 2nd boss of the Temple of Aminishi elite dungeon.
He has 550,000 lifepoints, uses all 3 forms of the combat style, and has 3 phases.
In phase 1, Masuta attacks with melee against his primary target and ranged against other players. Like the brothers in Barrows: Rise of the Six, he can perform a hurricane attack (lasting 15 seconds) that deals increasingly punishing melee damage. He can also create images of himself which roundhouse kick all players while attacking anyone with melee range. The clones are treated as separate monsters and are not affected by Debilitate. He can also conjure purple mist in the area that deal high magic damage upon exploding. He may also shout "I'll pulverise you!" and use the Pulverise ability, which has increased AoE but does not reduce the player's damage output. Continue damaging Masuta until he reaches 50% of his health.
In phase 2, Masuta levitates above the ground and gains a massive damage reduction but stops attacking players. During this time, he continuously summons thrashing waters; each one has 8,000 health, attacks with rapid magic attacks, and has a very long attack range. Being near a thrashing water when it is destroyed grants a 5% stack to a "calm waters" buff. He summons a total of 14-15 waters before dropping back down.
In phase 3, Masuta stops using melee and begins using rapid ranged attacks that deal 1500-1900 damage. After every 3 to 6 ranged attacks, he uses a powerful magic attack in the form of a large wave of purple energy that can deal over 8000 damage. It is signalled by him using the Meteor Strike animation; he leaps into the air before crashing back down. The damage of this attack depends on the player's "calm waters" buff; with a 70% stack, this attack will have very little killing potential.
Once he is killed, a hidden staircase reveals itself.
- You interfere with a matter larger than us all.
- We are coming for everything they said we couldn't have.
- Who could possibly stop us?
- The answer is... Not you.
- Not today.
- Seiryu grants us power.
- Though it may not be willingly, it is essential.
- We will melt every crown.
- We will raze every stronghold.
- True tranquility can only be achieved through true destruction.
- We will spread this influence to the edges of the universe.
- These waters will choke you where you stand!
- No! I was not finished! I need to fulfil... I...
Attempting to use AsphyxiateEdit
- I train while my lungs are filled with water.
- Yet you believe asphyxiation will stop me?
- Your aim is acceptable at best.
- A pitiful Hurricane! You have not yet harnessed the wind.
Masuta drops onyx dust, unless his warspear or Himiko's Vision is dropped, which replaces the dust.
|Himiko's Vision||1||Rare[l 1]||Not sold|
- ^ Has a base chance of 10+X/100 where X is the amount of normal mode kills.
|Relic of aminishi (common)||1||Common||Not sold|
|Relic of aminishi (uncommon)||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Weapon poison++ (1)||1||Uncommon||7,773|
|Prayer potion (1)||1||Uncommon||776|
|Menaphite gift offering (small)||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Suspicious gunpowder||1||Uncommon||Not sold|
|Relic of aminishi (rare)||1||Rare||Not sold|
|Onyx dust||1–5||Very rare||25,862–129,310|
|Seasinger weapon upgrade kit||1||Very rare||710,003|
|Tetsu sword upgrade kit||1||Very rare||713,089|
|Steadfast scale||1||Very rare||11,933,772|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite)||1||Very rare||Not sold|
|Sirenic scale||1||Very rare||313,374|
|Draconic visage||1||Very rare||1,275,627|
|Seiryu's claw||1||Very rare||Not sold|
- Swift as the Coursing River ( 30) - Defeat Masuta the Ascended with 65% of the calm water effect or more.
- Force of a Great Typhoon ( 30) - Defeat Masuta the Ascended without any stacks of the calm waters effect.
- Strength of a Raging Fire ( 50) - Defeat Masuta the Ascended with at least 7 thrashing waters still remaining.
- I'll Pulverise You! ( 20) - Use Pulverise on Masuta the Ascended at same time he uses it.[sic]
- Masuta (マスタ) is "master" written in katakana minus the long-vowel mark.
- The titles of three of the feats from defeating Masuta are references to the song "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from the 1998 film Mulan.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Shauny's Twitter account. 29 June 2018. Mod Shauny: "#RSHotfix: Temple of Aminishi lore books now have a greater chance of dropping in story mode than in normal mode."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Orion's Twitter account. 9 July 2018. Mod Orion: "1 kc would give a 1.1/10 chance. To put it clearer: Base chance is 10% 1kc = 11% 50kc = 60% 90kc = 100%"