RuneScape Wiki

Master wand

on this wiki
2007 rune
This weapon has an off-hand variant: Mages' book
Master wand
Master wand
Release date 4 January 2006 (Update)
Members? Yes
Quest item? No
Tradeable? Yes
Equipable? Yes
Stackable? No
High Alch 1,500 coins
Low Alch 1,000 coins
Destroy Drop
Store price 240, 240, 2,400, 240 pizazz points
Exchange price 411,004 coins (info)
Buy limit 10
Examine A master level wand.
Weight 0.1 kg
[view] [talk]
Master wand detail

The master wand is a wand that requires 60 Magic to wield. It can be obtained either by exchanging pizazz points at the Mage Training Arena or through purchase from another player. Purchasing the master wand from the Mage Training Arena requires 240 Telekinetic, 240 Alchemist, 2400 Enchantment, and 240 Graveyard points, as well as a teacher wand to upgrade from. This can take up to 15-16 hours to complete from scratch.

With the Evolution of Combat update, the master wand is one of the few weapons to receive a +2% magical crit bonus. If wielded with an ancient book or an unholy book, a total of +2.5% magical crit can be obtained to increase overall damage per second. If players complete the quest One Piercing Note and crafts an illuminated unholy book, +2.6% magical crit is possible for both main and off-hand slots. With one of the 3 god capes, arcane stream necklace, Superior Scrimshaw of Magic and a seers' ring (i), a magical crit bonus of +15.7% can be achieved. Although only players with a completionist cape using a master wand will get a 16.2% maximum magical crit bonus, 16.2% magic crit is currently the highest possible. The Smoke and Ice Nihil familiars also add a 5% magic boost, making a total of 21.2% magic crit boost.

Despite the master wand having a magical critical bonus, it is still preferred to purchase higher-tiered wands such as the wand of treachery - which costs Coins 1000 299,635 more/less than the master wand. This is because without the critical bonus, the wand of treachery is able to hit harder than the master wand, as it is a level 70 Magic weapon. Note that the grifolic wand only costs Coins 1000 29,320 and only lacks the critical bonus, else being identical to the master wand, so this should be kept in mind as well when choosing a wand.

If casting with a staff, one's spell damage is increased according to the staff, but cast speed is lower compared to a wand. If casting with a wand then one's spell damage is 100%, and cast speed is unaffected. When dual casting one's cast speed is doubled, but spell damage is reduced to 75%. The cost of runes can be offset by using a tome of frost for unlimited water runes for water spells.

Using a wand also allows the use of a shield, which can be very useful in boss fights where extra armour and lifepoints is needed to save food and take less damage, in comparison to only using a staff which does not allow the use of a shield. With the new shield abilities in the Evolution of Combat, a mage can use a wand and take full advantage of shield abilities such as Rejuvenate to heal, Reflect to deflect 50% of damage, Debilitate to reduce damage received, and Resonance to heal damage on the next attack received. Ultimate abilities such as Barricade can completely block all damage for 10 seconds and Immortality can reduce damage received by 25% for 30 seconds, making a wand a much better choice for allowing one to use these abilities to mage tank.

Combat Stats
Skill requirements
60 Magic-icon
Class Slot
Magic Magic Weapon slot
Weapons Main Off
Damage - -
Accuracy 1132 -
Style - -
Defence-icon Armour rating0
Constitution-icon Life bonus0
Prayer-icon Prayer bonus0
Style bonuses
Attack-icon0 Ranged-icon0 Magic-icon0
Attack speed
FastestInterval: 2.4 secondsAttack speed fastest
Master wand equipped
A player wielding a master wand


Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki