|Release date||6 June 2005 (Update)|
|Location||Catherby, Draynor Village, Taverley, North of East Ardougne and south of Varrock|
|Examine|| A master at farming.|
A Master Farmer is a farmer who cannot be attacked and can only be acted on by pickpocketing. It takes level 38 Thieving to pickpocket them. If the theft is successful, then the player will receive 43 Thieving experience and a random seed or seeds, excluding tree and fruit tree seeds. If the theft attempt fails, then the player is stunned for three seconds and takes damage depending on current life points, from 30 up to 250 life points.
After a theft attempt from a Master Farmer, the player will be unable to buy seeds from Olivia, a seed seller who is in Draynor Village market, for the next fifteen minutes. One way to overcome this is to have a vial of stench (a), a reward from A guild of our own, one of the Thieving Guild capers.
A player with level 39 Thieving can gain around 20,000 experience an hour from thieving master farmers.
Master farmers can be found:
- In Catherby
- In the market at Draynor Village. This farmer only needs to be left clicked to pickpocket, it is the only way to interact with him.
- In the sheep pen south of Varrock.
- By the farming shop north of East Ardougne.
- Near the seed shop in Taverley
Notable Master FarmersEdit
- Martin the Master Gardener - Found in Draynor. He wears the Farming skillcape, and can be pickpocketed. He requires a right-click to pickpocket, so it is advised to pick the other Master Farmer near him, however Martin can be trapped in the pig pen so is optional if you don't want to follow the Master Farmers around. He is also the starting point of A Fairy Tale Part I quest.
- The Master Farmer located in North East Ardougne can be looted twice in one attempt, by trapping him in the farmer trade shop and cornering him and clicking your cursor consecutively. After about 5–6 minutes of this, he will respawn outside of the shop. Getting him into the trade shop is extremely hard doing it solo, but can be easily done with 2-3 people.
- The Master Farmer in Draynor Village can be easily stuck behind Diango's Toy Store with fences.
|Poison ivy seed||1||Uncommon||76|
|Avantoe seed||1||Very rare||227|
|Kwuarm seed||1||Very rare||5,539|
|Snapdragon seed||1||Very rare||353|
|Cadantine seed||1||Very rare||4,842|
|Lantadyme seed||1||Very rare||910|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||Very rare||969|
|Torstol seed||1||Very rare||2,784|
|Fellstalk seed||1||Very rare||359|
|Bittercap mushroom spore||1||Rare||27|
|Morchella mushroom spore||1||Very rare||162|
|Cactus seed||1||Very rare||244|
- Every time you fail to pickpocket a Master farmer they will say "Cor blimey, mate! What are ye doing in me pockets?" This is a reference to Cockney Slang.
- It seems that the rarest loot from pickpocketing Master Farmers is a Fellstalk seed.