|Release date||22 March 2013 (Update)|
|Value|| 15,000 coins |
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 15,000 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A mask that displays your affinity with kurasks. Requires Defence (45).|
The Mask of the Kura is obtained from Treasure Hunter and provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, including bonus XP, extra damage, and double drops. After killing 800 Kurasks, the mask will become a Helm of the Kuraski. The helm has similar benefits, but does not provide bonus XP, extra damage, or double drops.
Upon death, the mask does not appear under your gravestone however, if lost, it may be reclaimed from Diango for 15,000 coins.
A player wearing the Mask of the Kura
|[view] • [talk]|
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment that players receive will be Kurask. They still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Chaeldar or Sumona). If they do not, the players will be told which Slayer Master assigns them.. The task guarantee does not work if players are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where kurask can be found.
- The mask confers the same damage boost against kurask (but only while on assignment) as the Slayer helm.
- Killing kurask while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer XP equivalent to the Slayer level required to fight them (in this case, 70). This is given regardless of the current assignment the player has, and in addition to assignment and/or contract xp. The XP awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
- Killing kurask while wearing the mask will grant additional drops for every 10th kill.
- The odds of receiving the kurask head drop is doubled.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer XP and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 999,999 kills.
- A right-click option outputs total kills of that creature. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- This mask will also act as a face mask.
Slayer masks and helms