|Release date||21 March 2013 (Update)|
|Value|| 25,000 coins |
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 25,000 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|On death||Not reclaimable from gravestone|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A mask that displays your affinity with abyssal demons.|
The Mask of the Abyss is obtained from the Treasure Hunter. It provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, including bonus XP, extra damage, and double drops. After killing 900 Abyssal demons, the mask will become a Helm of Warping. The helm has similar benefits, but does not provide bonus XP, extra damage, or double drops. It requires 50 Defence to wear.
Upon death, the mask does not appear under your gravestone and is turned into 17,500 coins. However, if lost, it may be reclaimed from Diango for 25,000 gp.
A player wearing the Mask of the Abyss
|[view] • [talk]|
- Once per day (day resets at midnight UTC), while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be abyssal demons. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Sumona, Duradel/Lapalok, Kuradal or Morvran) – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op Slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where abyssal demons can be found.
- The mask confers the same damage boost against abyssal demons (but only while on assignment) as the slayer helm.
- Killing abyssal demons while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer experience equivalent to the Slayer level required to fight them (in this case, 85). This is given regardless of the current assignment the player has, and in addition to assignment and/or contract experience. The experience awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
- Killing abyssal demons while wearing the mask will grant additional drops for every 10th kill. This does not double effigy or clue scroll drops, but does double charm drops.
- The odds of receiving the abyssal demon head drop is doubled.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 999,999 kills.
- A right-click option announces total kills of that creature,The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat bar but is seen above your character by those around you. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
- This mask will also act as a face mask.