Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Dust mask" redirects here. For the regular mask, see Face mask.
|Release||12 July 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 10,000 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|On death||Always lost|
|Examine||A mask that displays your affinity with dust devils. Requires Defence (40).|
|Armour||76||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0.75%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be Dust devils. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Chaeldar, Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel/Lapalok, Kuradal)– if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment.
- You will also need either Quest Desert treasure (Smokey well) or What Lies Below (Chaos Tunnels) completed to be assigned Dust Devils.
- Twice per day, the mask allows the player to teleport to a location where Dust devils can be found.
- The mask confers the same damage boost against dust devils (but only while on assignment) as the Slayer helm.
- Killing dust devils while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer XP equivalent to the Slayer level required to fight them (in this case, 65). This is given regardless of the current assignment the player has and in addition to assignment and/or contract xp. The XP awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
- Killing dust devils while wearing the mask will grant double drops for every 10th kill.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer XP and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 999,999 kills.
- A right-click option outputs total kills of that creature. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- This mask will also act as a face mask.