|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Logs||Maple logs (72 coins)|
|Examine||I bet this makes good syrup!|
Maple trees are trees that can be cut down with level 45 Woodcutting, giving the player 100 woodcutting experience per maple log. This can be increased to 110 woodcutting experience per log by equipping a Seers' headband 2 or better. On Miscellania cutting maple trees raises popularity and only gives 0.1 experience.
- Seers' Village (9 trees; 4 behind bank, 3 in front, 2 right of courthouse)
- North of the Seers' Village lodestone (25 trees before the trail, 17 on the farside)
- North of McGrubor's Wood (42 trees)
- West of Sinclair Mansion (24 trees)
- Miscellania (10 trees, gives 0.1 experience per tree)
- Daemonheim Peninsula resource dungeon (9 trees) (level 30 Dungeoneering) (free-to-play)
- Mage Arena (2 trees)
Free players can only chop maple trees at the Daemonheim Peninsula resource dungeon. The most efficient way to bank the logs is to use the ring of kinship to teleport to Daemonheim and then run back to the mysterious entrance. There is also a ship nearby that can sail to Al Kharid where there is a bank near the dock.
Maple seeds may be grown into a Maple tree, which gives Maple logs when harvesting it with a hatchet. A fully grown and healthy maple tree will give 3,403.4 farming exp. When cut down, the tree will automatically regrow after a period of time. Alternatively, it can be dug up using a spade, yielding some Maple roots in the process. Pay the farmer one basket of oranges to watch the tree.
- Before the Dungeoneering update on 19 July 2010, maple trees could only be cut on a members world, despite maple logs not being a members-only item. Free players could only obtain maple logs by buying them from members.
- When a player chops down a maple tree in Runescape HD, the tree stump appears similar to its low detail counterpart.
- This tree's examine text is a reference to the sap obtained from Maple trees that is used make syrup in real life.
- Previously, Maple trees looked like Yew trees, but with red-orange leaves.
- Maple trees received a graphical update on 17 August 2011. The new look could only be seen on the Daemonheim Woodcutting Island or player-grown trees, however.
- After the 6 March 2012 update for the gnome lands, the wood-bearing tree patches that were planted in the area were glitched.
- On 20 March 2012, all Maple trees were graphically updated except for ones that were planted in Player-owned houses.
- Until the release of Elder and Crystal trees, maple trees were marked on the map with the "rare tree" symbol.
- Respawn time does not depend on world population and will always respawn in 53 seconds.