|Release date||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|Location||Player-owned house or Servants' Guild|
|Examine|| Very neat.|
A Maid is a servant that players with at least level 25 Construction can hire to do various services in their player-owned house. The maid has the second lowest wage at 1,000 coins (750 coins after the completion of Love Story). Players must pay her the wage every eight uses of her services. The maid has inventory space for 10 items and a trip time of 30 seconds.
Players can hire the maid at the Servants' Guild, which is located north of the marketplace in East Ardougne. All five servants wander inside the building except for the servant you have hired (if any). Before hiring any servant, the player must meet three requirements:
- The player must have the required Construction level.
- The player's house must have at least two bedrooms with beds constructed in each one. If one of the beds is removed, then the servant will not become present again until the bed is rebuilt and the player exits and re-enters the house.
- The player must not have a servant already hired. If you want to switch servants, you must fire your current servant by talking to him or her in your house before going to the Servants' Guild.
The services provided by servants can be cosmetic or vital resources for training Construction efficiently. Actions marked with an (*) count as one service before payment is required. The maid can:
- Be summoned via the bell pull in the dining room
- Follow the player like a familiar even in building mode
- Greet visiting players as they enter the house
- Lead visiting players to the owner if the owner is in another room
- Lead visiting players outside
- Serve stew to visiting players provided the player has a dining room with a table and a kitchen with the necessary supplies*
- Serve tea to the owner of the house
- Fetch building materials from the bank*
- Take building materials to the bank*
- Un-note noted items (excluding bones and ashes)*
- Serve drinks a player might have in their kitchen, from a beer barrel.
The maid cannot:
- Many players hire her if they are doing Evil Dave's section of Recipe for Disaster because she serves stew, an important aspect in making Evil stew to finish the sub-quest.
- She is agoraphobic, which explains her refusal to go to the sawmill.
- She seems to be extremely afraid of making a mistake, though she is much nicer than the Cook servant.