|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||900 coins|
|Low alch||600 coins|
|Exchange||1,445 coins (info)|
|Examine||A plank of expensive mahogany.|
Use in ConstructionEdit
The planks may then be used to make furniture in a player-owned house. Making items with mahogany planks gives 140 Construction experience per plank used. Mahogany planks are the most expensive of the four types of planks. Mahogany planks are also sometimes used to make flatpacks, which are then sold to people with low Construction levels, but the demand for such furniture is very low. Daily challenges however typically require furniture to be made as flatpacks, which in turn are exchanged for construction experience with a big bonus. The biggest demand for mahogany planks is from people power-training Construction by building and removing Flotsam prawnbrokers. You can see more info about the cost of experience using various planks here.
|Log||Cost in coins|
|Sawmill[a 1]||Portable sawmill||Plank Make
+ 1,095 for runes[a 2]
+ 418.9 [a 3]
|High capacity plank maker
+ 363.1 [a 4]
|Mahogany logs||1,500/1,350[a 5]||1,350/1,200[a 5]||1,050/900[a 5]||0||0|
|Log (Value)||Plank (Value)||Profit via sawmill||Profit via portable sawmill||Profit via plank make||Profit via plank maker||Profit via high capacity plank maker|
|Mahogany logs 815||Mahogany plank 1,445||-870/-720[a 5]||-720/-570[a 5]||-1,515/-1,365[a 5]||211.06||266.92|
- ^ 2 special mahogany logs (can be noted) can be used to convert up to 27 regular mahogany logs when given to a Sawmill operator.
- ^ Assumes the use of a staff to save Earth runes.
- ^ Each log costs 17.3 machine charge to process
- ^ Each log costs 15 machine charge to process
- ^ a b c d e f With the Construction Cape Perk cost reduction.
Players can chop down mahogany trees using the Woodcutting skill, and there is a small chance of getting a special log. If players get 2 of these, they can exchange them for a completely free conversion of the logs in your inventory into planks. That means that construction could be completely free, just extremely time-consuming. This method is not recommended for players that can make more money elsewhere at a decent rate because of the lack of efficiency. However, the Special mahogany log page analyses the expected return on cutting Mahogany, which can be surprisingly high compared to other Woodcutting activities.
Players can also get mahogany planks as a reward from level 3 Treasure Trail Clue scrolls, a reward from the Dwarven instinct aura, a reward from opening mermaid purses in a POH Aquarium, or as reward from a Challenge Mystery Bag, acquired through Daily Challenges. It's also a possible drop from the Rare drop table.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Casket (CS Week)||N/A||24||Common|
|Falador resource bundle||N/A||1–6||Unknown|
|Mystery box (Court Cases)||N/A||30||Unknown|
|Nex: Angel of Death||7000||43||Uncommon|
|Rare drop table||N/A||270–330||Uncommon|
|Security casket (CS Week)||N/A||24||Common|
- Cold War, 1 needed. Mahogany planks are used to make Bongo drums which can be played while in penguin costume.
- Catapult Construction, requires 10 mahogany planks to build the catapult.