|Release date||17 March 2014 (Update)|
|Quest series||Mahjarrat quest series|
Mahjarrat Memories is a miniquest wherein players help the Mahjarrat Kharshai recover the memories of some of his kin - both dead and alive - so he can learn what they've been up to. There are 15 memories in total, and they reveal information on the Zarosian empire, demons and the Mahjarrat themselves.
Each Mahjarrat mentioned in Zemouregal's notes has their own memory, with the exception of Zamorak, because he has become a god, and Khazard and Moia, because they did not exist in the Second Age. In addition to 15 lore books, they reward a hefty amount of (bonus) Divination experience, two titles, a pet and a cosmetic override.
This miniquest was released one week before Fate of the Gods.
Speak to Kharshai in his dungeon beneath Skulgrimen's Battle Gear in Rellekka (If you cannot access the dungeon, you still need to complete Koschei's Troubles), and he will tell you that he has created a device that can capture the memories of Mahjarrat that have stayed in a place for a long time, which he wishes to use to learn about their current plans and activities. He gives you an engrammeter to store the memories, similar to Kharshai storing his original memories.
However, the engrammeter must be charged with divination memories, from any tier above, or equal to, vibrant memories. 500 memories are required to recharge the engrammeter and enriched memories count as two memories. After charging the engrammeter at one of the Divination spots around the world, you must find each Mahjarrat memory. After storing one memory, you must return to Kharshai to translate the Mahjarrat memory before you can recharge the engrammeter again. Note that 25,000 divination experience will also be awarded for every memory he translates.
Memories of the MahjarratEdit
7,500 memories are required to complete the miniquest. Each set of 500 memories will take approximately 20~25 minutes to collect depending how many enriched memories you collect, leaving the overall time to complete the miniquest in excess of five hours.
|Mahjarrat||Memory||Location||How to reach||Map Location|
|Akthanakos's memory||The final chamber of Enakhra's Temple||Camulet Teleport or use Bandit Camp Lodestone and run south.|
|Azzanadra's memory||The final chamber of the Jaldraocht Pyramid, near the Zarosian altar.||Use a Pharaoh's sceptre, Sceptre of gods or Camulet or use Bandit Camp Lodestone and run south. Enter the passage at the back of the Pyramid.|
|Bilrach's memory||In the castle above Daemonheim||Ring of Kinship|
|Enakhra's memory||Enakhra's Temple||Camulet Teleport or use Bandit Camp Lodestone and run south.|
|Hazeel's memory||Cultists' hideout in the Ardougne Sewers||Use an Ardougne Cloak or Spirit Tree and enter the cave southeast of Clock Tower, then take the raft. Refer to the Hazeel's Cult quest guide for proper valve alignment.|
|Jhallan's memory||Cave from Tale of the Muspah||Mask of the White Wyrm or use fairy ring D•K•S, The Fremennik Province Lodestone or an Arctic Bear teleport and enter the cave on the mountainside, then hop over the river and enter another cave.|
|Kharshai's memory||In Kharshai's cave, where you begin the miniquest||Enchanted lyre, Rellekka tablet, Fremennik Province Lodestone|
|Lamistard||Lamistard's memory||Lamistard's Tunnel OR Zemouregal's Fort (inside)||The fort can be quickly accessed from the Mahjarrat Ritual Site with the Glacor Cave's fairy ring, code D•K•Q. Alternatively, to use the tunnel, enter the cave atop Trollweiss Mountain by going through Trollweiss Dungeon then enter dungeon on top of the mountain.|
|Lucien's memory||Lucien's ruined house east of Edgeville, across River Lum||Fairy Ring D•K•R, Varrock Teleport, Edgeville Lodestone, Spirit Tree, or Varrock Lodestone|
|Mizzarch||Mizzarch's memory||Senntisten Temple||Digsite pendant, Senntisten Teleport, Varrock Lodestone, Wicked hood|
|Palkeera||Palkeera's memory||Mahjarrat Ritual Site||Fairy Ring D•K•Q, run to the north of the glacor cave and leave through the staircase, then run north west toward the ritual.|
|Ralvash||Ralvash's memory||Ghorrock||Fairy Ring D•K•Q, run to the north of the glacor cave and leave through the staircase, run north through the hill towards the castle, run through the Wilderness, or use Erjolf's boat to get to the North from the Rellekka Hunter area.|
|Sliske's memory||Empyrean Citadel throne room||Invitation box|
|Wahisietel's memory||Ali the Wise's house in north Nardah||Desert amulet 2 or above, Fairy Ring code D•L•Q|
|Zemouregal's memory|| South of the Heart room in the Chaos Temple Dungeon|
(requires Insulated boots and Macaw to access)
|Bring insulated boots and a macaw or ravenous locust familiar pouch. Talk to Hartwin in Varrock Palace. After going down the trapdoor, (you will be attacked by zombies) pass through three gates, crawl into the pipe in the kitchen, and exit the other end of the sewers after having your familiar inspect the other side. Note: you must have "hide familiar options" disabled in order to be able to interact with the macaw to activate remote view.|
Once you bring Kharshai your final memory, he will be disappointed that all of the memories were ancient, and thus of no use in learning of the plans of the other Mahjarrat, but will remark that he became slightly more powerful by absorbing the memories, although not enough for it to be of any practical use. Despite this, he thinks the creation of the memories may be linked to why the Mahjarrat's power dissipates before each Ritual of Rejuvenation, and thus considers it an avenue worth investigating.
He also wonders what would happen if you used the charged Engrammeter on the Mahjarrat homeworld of Freneskae, although thinks it very unlikely that you would ever go there. Nevertheless, he thanks you for your help, and you will receive your rewards.
Congratulations, miniquest complete!
- An Engrammeter that Kharshai states could be useful in Freneskae when charged.
- 15 lore books
- A total of 375,000 Divination experience.
- 150,000 bonus experience in Divination.
- 2 Titles
- Pontifex [Name]
- Legatus [Name]
- A Tiny Lucien pet.
- Dr Nabanik's old trilby cosmetic override.
|This article on a quest has an associated dialogue page.|
Click here for a transcript of possible conversations encountered throughout the quest.
- A Mahjarrat's memory is coloured after the god that is followed by that Mahjarrat, therefore Zamorakian Mahjarrat have red memories, Zarosian Mahjarrat have purple memories, and Kharshai, being ultimately neutral, has a grey memory.
- The "engrammeter" is a reference to the concept of an engram in neuropsychology.
- Despite being classified as a mini-quest, Mahjarrat Memories can take longer to complete than any actual quest.
- The two title rewards are explained in Jhallan's memory, Legatus means "Commander of a whole Legion"; and Pontifex means "Leader in the church". They both refer to ancient Rome, where a legatus was a general of the Roman army, and the Pontifex maximus was the High Priest of the Collegium Pontificum, the most important position in the ancient Roman religion.
- Despite Kharshai's curiosity in what would happen if you used the Engrammeter on Freneskae, if you take the Distorted engrammeter to him after Fate of the Gods, nothing happens. There is no chat option about it and 'nothing interesting happens' if you use it with him. Furthermore, if you tell him that you need the engrammeter, he will give you another distorted engrammeter, even if you already have one in your inventory.
- Assuming that 2 vibrant energies are collected per memory at level 60, players would make 1,245,000 coins from selling the energies in the Grand Exchange, although this does not take into account receiving enriched memories.
- When you receive the rewards, it says "But wait, there's more." This is a reference to phrases often found in television infomercials.
- Some may find it faster, upon reaching level 70, to continue converting vibrant memories, due to the higher likelihood of receiving enriched memories at level 70, compared to the lower likelihood at the higher level divination spot.