|Logs||Magic logs (1,689 coins)|
|Examine||The tree shimmers with a magical force.|
Magic trees are rare trees that can be found in selected members-only areas, and they are shown on the minimap by a rare tree mark - . Level 75 Woodcutting is required to chop these trees, each log gives 250 Woodcutting experience.
They are mainly cut by players looking for an income through selling Magic logs, rather than gaining experience due to their slow experience rate. Players can expect to gain up to 120 magic logs per hour using a Dragon Hatchet.
Magic Trees can be found in these locations:
- 6 trees in the Varrock Sewers resource dungeon by the Moss giants. (Usually abandoned because of the far distance from the bank and the level 65 dungeoneering requirement). Their look hasn't been updated yet.
- 3 trees (4 when using the Farming patch) scattered within the Tree Gnome Stronghold In a straight line west to east. The centre tree is just a little south-west from the bank. The west tree is on the other side of the river next to the Terrorbird pen (south-west corner). (Note: There is a south gate on the pen.) The east tree is just outside the Agility training area (south-east corner).
- 4 trees at the Sorcerer's Tower
- 3 trees east of the Ranging Guild (they are also just northwest of the Sorcerer's Tower, so players can go back and forth between the two locations).
- 2 trees surrounding the Mage Training Arena. With so few magic trees it is not popular, but the distance to the bank is relatively short.
- 3 trees in the south-east area of Isafdar, just south-west of Lletya (less popular due to high quest requirements).
- 1 tree in the Wilderness, which has a counterpart: the cursed magic tree that is found in the Spirit Realm (unpopular due to its distance from a bank). Must finish Spirit of Summer to get to.
Magic trees in Construction
|Examine text||The tree shimmers with a magical force.|
A magic tree can be planted in the Garden of a Player-owned house for decoration. It requires 1 bagged magic tree, a watering can, and 75 Construction; when added, it earns the player 223 experience. Players cannot use a crystal saw to gain a +3 Construction boost to plant this tree.
Magic trees in Farming
Members can grow a magic tree at level 75 Farming by planting a magic sapling in a players tree patch, giving 145.5 experience for planting the sapling and a further 13768.3 experience when the tree is full grown. A nearby Gardener will ask for 25 Coconuts in payment for ensuring that the player’s tree will not die while growing. After 460 minutes (about seven and a half hours) the tree is fully grown. It can be chopped as normal, and will also grow back normally when it is chopped down. At level 80 Summoning, a player can use a Hydra familiar’s scroll to instantly regrow a tree grown in a farming patch, allowing for continuous chopping without competition from other players. This method results in a fast way to make money.
- Magic trees used to have a much louder, constant ambient sound. However, this was reduced because players complained that the sound was annoying.
- Magic trees are the only trees to possess a constant animation.
- Although Magic trees are the only trees that are supposed to glow, there is a "normal" tree next to the Magic trees east of the Ranging Guild that glows slightly. This is because any object is programmed to glow when in close proximity to a magic tree.
- The stump of a chopped down magic tree has no texture, yet the trunk of a full magic tree has texture.
- Magic trees can be seen on free-to-play world; however, they can only be seen through an Orb of Oculus while standing just south of the mage training area.
- With the update on 13 May 2007, Magic trees are much taller, and seem to have a curved trunk.
- Magic trees were originally blue in colour years ago, much like the colour of magic bows now, until changed to have green leaves with the "sparkle effect". When the trees were changed from blue, the bark was also much darker and straight instead of curved. They are blue once again.
- When you drop the logs, they are animated with the sparkle effect.
- Although the inside of a magic log is blue, the inside of a magic trunk is not.
- The stump of magic tree can be seen to glow once the tree has been cut down.
- Magic trees look strikingly similar to regular trees in Runescape Classic.
- When you are growing your own Magic tree. the "adolescent" form of the tree looks like the former appearence of Magic trees prior to this update.
- Unlike other trees which leave behind stumps bearing the same name of the tree, magic trees simply leave behind a "Tree stump".
- When using a farming patch, the newer looking magic tree will have the same ambient sounds as the older magic trees had.
Tree • Dying tree • Dead tree • Dead tree covered in snow • Evergreen • Burnt tree • Jungle tree • Achey tree • Oak tree • Willow tree • Teak tree • Maple tree • Hollow tree • Mahogany tree • Arctic pine • Eucalyptus tree • Yew tree • Magic tree • Cursed magic tree • Bloodwood tree
Ailanthus tree • Cedar tree • Cinnamon tree • Dramen tree • Dream tree • Mastic tree • Sassafras tree • Swaying tree • White tree • Windswept tree • Evil holly tree • Evil hawthorn tree • Blisterwood tree
Calquat tree • Dramen Tree Spirit • Fyburglars tree • Giant ent • Golden Apple Tree • Grand Tree • Ivy • Leafy palm tree • Nice tree • Tree spirit • Undead tree • Scrapey tree • Spirit tree • Sq'irk tree • Strong tree • Wintumber tree • Witchwood tree • Young tree
|Small plants (1)|
|Small plants (2)|
|Big plants (1)|
|Big plants (2)|