|Release||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||960 coins|
|Low alch||640 coins|
|Exchange||1,021 coins (info)|
|Short and magical, but still effective.|
The magic shortbow is the second most powerful shortbow available to free players. The magic shortbow requires a Ranged level of 50 or higher to wield. The attack range of the magic shortbow is 7 spaces. It is one of the best bows for simple training that F2P players can wield, second only to the gravite shortbow, although the latter degrades over time.
Members can make a magic shortbow through the Fletching skill at level 80. First, a player must cut an unstrung magic shortbow from magic logs, granting 83.0 Fletching experience. Then, the player must string the unstrung magic shortbow with a bow string, granting a further 83.0 experience.
This is the most frequently used bow by middle to high level rangers for training (especially in F2P) due to its damage and accuracy bonuses, along with its decent speed and use by many well-known player killers. The price and availability of magic shortbows also contributes to their popularity.
It was a common player killing weapon until the Wilderness update in December 2007, but regained much of its former popularity with the release of PVP worlds. In 2011, an update removed the PvP worlds and the Wilderness becomes an area for dangerous player killing once more. Nevertheless, magic shortbows failed to regain their former popularity, until the release of the Evolution of Combat, which made them available to free-to-play, where they are currently one of the most commonly used player killing weapons.
Interval: 3.0 seconds
|[view] • [talk]|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Abyssal demon (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Ancient mage (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Ancient ranger (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Ancient warrior (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Automaton (Heart of Gielinor)||115||1||Common|
|Black Knight (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Black Knight champion||115||1||Common|
|Blood reaver (Heart of Gielinor)||115||1||Common|
|Bloodveld (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Champion of Infernus||119||1||Common|
|Chaos dwarf (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Hellhound (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Mighty Blood reaver||118||1||Common|
|Nechryael (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Necromancer (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Skeleton (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Wolf (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
|Zamorakian sniper (Heart of Gielinor)||108||1||Common|
The magic shortbow has a special attack called Snap-Shot (not to be confused with the ability Snap Shot) which attacks twice with reduced accuracy. It uses 55% adrenaline. This special attack is only usable on members servers - the special attack will not work on free worlds.
- When the bow was first released in 2002, the special attack used less than 50% of special attack energy, allowing players to use two special attacks in a row. It was not changed to use 55% of special attack energy until sometime between February and March 2005.
- Before the Evolution of Combat this weapon used to have a special attack called Snap-shot. It would quickly fire two arrows at a cost of lower accuracy. It consumed 55% of the special attack bar. It was added back to the weapon with the release of Legacy Mode as a threshold ability of the same name.
- The magic shortbow used to be the fastest firing bow in RuneScape when used with the rapid setting. However, after the Evolution of Combat update, all shortbows now always fire at the same speed due to the modification of the combat styles system.