|Release||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||1,536 coins|
|Low alch||1,024 coins|
|Exchange||1,118 coins (info)|
|Examine||A nice sturdy magical bow.|
The Magic shieldbow is the second strongest shieldbow that can be fletched. The magic shieldbow requires a Defence level of 50 and Ranged level of 50 or higher to wield. Despite being only a level 50 weapon, even players with higher levels benefit from using this strong weapon due to its properties. It has the same stats and uses as the Magic composite bow, but requires 50 defence.
Like all shieldbows and unlike most other weapons, it incorporates a shield inseparably despite nothing resembling a shield being involved in its creation. Therefore, it provides armour and life point bonuses, and counts as a shield for Defence abilities, such as Rejuvenate. The attack range of the magic shieldbow is 8 spaces.
With level 45 Dungeoneering and 10,000 tokens, a shieldbow sight can be purchased and attached to a magic shieldbow to create a magic shieldbow (sighted), raising its bonuses to those of a level 55 weapon, but it loses the special attack. This also increases the wielding requirements to 55 Ranged and Defence.
|Armour||170||PvM: 5%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
|Magic shieldbow (u)||1||543||543|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Black Knight champion||115||1||Common|
|Champion of Infernus||119||1||Common|
|Mighty Blood reaver||118||1||Common|
Magic shieldbows used to be high alched quite often for a profit. However, this led to them no longer being profitable in terms of gold or experience, seeing as many other things are far more cost efficient to train on.
|Magic shieldbow||Nature rune||Magic logs||Bowstring||Net Coins||Notes|
|High Level Alchemy|
|High alch 1,536||-421||-521||-431||163||Include true cost of Nature runes, Magic logs and Bowstring.|
|Grand Exchange average price|
|GE 1,118||N/A||-521||-431||166||Profit from fletching.|
|GE 166; High Alch 163. The difference between High Alching and selling in the GE is 3 coins|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||45.0%|
- The magic shieldbow was originally a members-only weapon, but it was made available to free players after the Evolution of Combat.
- Though the shield appears in the front of the bow when the player is wielding it, the shield will turn to the side when it is on the player's back.
- The shieldbow is the equivalent to a longbow, now discontinued outside of Daemonheim.
|Dyed noxious longbow||
|Dyed Seren godbow||
|Recoloured dark bow||